PDA

View Full Version : Official 2012 NBA Playoffs thread

SID210SA
04-23-2012, 05:46 AM
Well,

With the playoffs starting on Saturday, I thought I would start a thread:

How is your team doing?

After a slow start, the Spurs have really turned it on in the last three months of the season.

They currently have the top spot in the West with a 1.5 game lead over the Thunder, and are only half a game back of the best record in the NBA held by the Bulls.

In their current 7 game win streak, they are beating opponents by an NBA best of nearly 20 points per game beating the Lakers twice by 20 + points, Phoenix by 14, Goldenstate and Sacramento by double digits.

They have also been the only team to win back to back to back games twice this season.

With 3 games left. the Spurs magic number to clinch the No.1 seed in the West is 1.

I guess with San Antonio being a small market, not alot of people are talking about them.

Not like the Lakers, or Bulls or Heat or even the Thunder for that matter.

GO SPURS GO!!

PonyUP
04-23-2012, 05:54 AM
I think this could be the year for my Bulls, they have shown that they can win without Derrick Rose, however Rose will still be the critical cog in their potential post season success. If he is healthy, I think the Bulls are the deepest team in the league and the most rounded.

And I would just love it if the Heat failed again except this time at the hands of the Bulls.

Guittard22
04-23-2012, 06:00 AM
Orlando not going far . And both LA teams look really strong

SID210SA
04-23-2012, 06:19 AM
I would have to disagree with you on the bench.....

The Spurs have kept 2 11 game win streaks and this current 7 game win streak alive with out their big 3 in in a couple of those games.....Pop, during these streaks has rested Tim Duncan, Tony Park, Manu Ginobili. Not all in one game but some times 2 of the big 3 didnt play in a game, including the 3 games in 3 nights win streak.

Players like rookie Kawhi Leonard and young players like Danny Green as starters, and a talented bench with Tiago Splitter, Gary Neal, Matt Bonner and former 6th man of the year Manu, and new arrivals such as Stephen Jackson and Boris Diaw have played quite well.
But if the Spurs and the Bulls meet in the finals we shall see.

Vortex
04-23-2012, 06:48 AM
Go Spurs Go!!:banana2:

MrHall1
04-23-2012, 07:31 AM
MIAMI HEAT!!!!! :banana2:WERE GOIING TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

jerrym3
04-23-2012, 09:57 AM
There are times when the Knicks look good, and then someone gets hurt, comes back, and they have to learn how to play together again.

Too bad Jeremy Lin can't play. With Amare, Mello, and Chandler, assuming Lin plays under control. they ain't half bad. Novak off the bench has a great 3 point shot, and it would be tough to double him if the other starters are still in the game.

But, regardless, Knicks out in first round against the Heat.

SID210SA
04-23-2012, 10:13 AM
I agree that Novak is great off the bench with is deadly 3 point shooting.....too bad the Spurs let him go.....Coach Pop just didnt play him much.....

Alot of ex-Spurs having an oustanding season elsewhere.....they were good here, just no minutes to go around.

PonyUP
04-23-2012, 10:46 AM
I would have to disagree with you on the bench.....

The Spurs have kept 2 11 game win streaks and this current 7 game win streak alive with out their big 3 in in a couple of those games.....Pop, during these streaks has rested Tim Duncan, Tony Park, Manu Ginobili. Not all in one game but some times 2 of the big 3 didnt play in a game, including the 3 games in 3 nights win streak.

Players like rookie Kawhi Leonard and young players like Danny Green as starters, and a talented bench with Tiago Splitter, Gary Neal, Matt Bonner and former 6th man of the year Manu, and new arrivals such as Stephen Jackson and Boris Diaw have played quite well.
But if the Spurs and the Bulls meet in the finals we shall see.

a Bulls/Spurs final would be awesome, they are both very deep teams that are all business on the court. I think it would be a great matchup

TAKEDOWN
04-23-2012, 12:03 PM
Go BULLS!!!!

duhtroll
04-23-2012, 12:08 PM
I'd like to see the Bulls win, if for no other reason that sending LeBron and that stupid looking beard home.

jerrym3
04-23-2012, 05:14 PM
What happened to this game?

Looking at the elbow that "World Peace" threw inadvertantly (yeah, right), where has the NBA gone wrong?

Smalldogg/03mm
04-23-2012, 06:55 PM
No, No, No!!!! St. Louis Hawks is going to when..:)..... No I'm rolling with them L.A Laker BOYZ

Antoine

breeze
04-23-2012, 09:42 PM
My team, well we did a good job. We're one of the best team's, atleast top 5 team with the best LOTTERY PICK in the up coming draft.lol (wizards) but my other team with my man Durant (hometown boy) with OKC should make some noise.

SID210SA
04-26-2012, 05:33 AM
The Spurs really impressed me last night....

Playing the Suns w/o their big 3, Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker and the back up point guard Gary Neal.

The Suns didnt have Grant Hill or Channing Frye.

This shows how deep the bench is for the Spurs.....it was a close game but they made it happen....even with a player that hasnt played much in the last couple of months in DeJuan Blair, and one that has been in the D League for the last couple of months in Corey Joseph, and one that was just signed from another D league team, and I dont even know his first name: D. Byars.

I was watching ESPN before the game and some of the analysts are split between Chicago and Miami to come out of the East, but all were in favor of the Spurs coming out of the West.

Its been 5 years since the Spurs last championship in 07 and I really hope they can pull it out this year.

PonyUP
04-28-2012, 03:47 PM
Well the Bulls looked good today but then the terrible news, D Rose tore his ACL and is out for the year

Must start drinking now, I'm bummed, best record in the league, they looked unbeataBull and now this

Pony seal of Approval

jerrym3
04-28-2012, 04:12 PM
Knicks looked like they were all asleep.

Guittard22
04-29-2012, 07:02 AM
Well the Bulls looked good today but then the terrible news, D Rose tore his ACL and is out for the year

Must start drinking now, I'm bummed, best record in the league, they looked unbeataBull and now this

Pony seal of Approval

That's hard news :( but they have played good with out him this year . Cj his back up is good

SID210SA
04-30-2012, 05:22 AM

Pony seal of Approval

To bad about Rose, I think they coul have gone all the way to the finals.

But I have to say....your Bull's tied for the best record in the NBA with my home team Spurs. Just sayin'.

The Spurs actually looked kind of sloppy the whole game but still managed to pull off a 15 point win.

OKC was having a hard time with Dallas....I didnt really expect Dallas to show up and go out with a whimper and loose 4-0.

Did yall happen to catch that Clippers-Memphis game??? Wow what a comeback for the Clippers.....down 27 in the 4th and they come roaring back to take the win!!

TAKEDOWN
04-30-2012, 07:35 AM

Pony seal of Approval

I'm sure the team will step it up, BULLS are where they are because of who they are... Hard Chargers!

Mest30
04-30-2012, 09:07 AM
Terrible news about Rose. Couldn't have happened to a nicer player, either. I really feel for him because he is so humble and such a hard worker. I still think the Bulls can make the conference finals, but if Miami also makes it, I don't see the Bulls beating them.

jerrym3
04-30-2012, 10:32 AM
The way nthe Knick players are dropping, coach Mike Woodson may have to suit up soon.

SID210SA
05-03-2012, 05:18 AM
Well,

The Pacers took it to the Magic last night, won by 23 and the Clippers had a close one but lost by 7 to Memphis.

The Spurs did what a No.1 seed is supposed to do against an 8th seed....they came out on fire and lead the entire way. Leading by as many as 38 points....they won by 31. The Jazz couldnt buy a bucket....missed alot of point blank shots and didnt get a second oppertunity as the Spurs were crashing the boards.

SID210SA
05-07-2012, 06:08 AM
Well,

Sorry to hear about another injury for the Bulls, and those damn Lakers won, but look like they are having some trouble with the Nuggets with a couple of close games.

Spurs are looking to close out the series tonight against the Jazz with a, dare I say it, sweep!! Last game was pretty close and the Jazz really hung in there and competed well.

jerrym3
05-07-2012, 06:46 AM
Knicks are just prolonging the inevitable.

Might have beem interesting with a full, healthy team.

cougar9150
05-07-2012, 07:20 AM
Celtic's stomped the crap out of the Hawks last night. Shot 64% in the first half but the bench during garbage time ruined that stat by going scoreless for 5 minutes in the 4th.

If the Cs had been held to 0 points in the 3rd they still would have had a 1 point lead going into the 4th quarter.

SID210SA
05-07-2012, 07:42 AM
Did yall see that nasty injury to Davis.....wow that was ugly....his knee cap was on the side of his knee....ouch

SID210SA
05-08-2012, 05:26 AM
Looks like the Clippers are going to oust the Grizz in the first round...it was a close game, but they now have a commanding 3-1 lead....winner of this series plays the Spurs who closed out the Jazz with a sweep in their series.....had another big lead and almost blew it.....Coach Pop had to go with his starters at the end of the game, as the Jazz were making a big run at the end of the game.

There are 4 teams that could close out their series tonight.

SID210SA
05-09-2012, 06:09 AM
The Bulls pulled one out....they had a very good game so congrats to them....

Pacers closed it out against the Magic...so only one team from FL, I hope New York can win and put out the Heat's fire in the first round.

Two teams from Cali still fighting....one is looking to end the series tonight, either team should be a good match up for my home team.....we have the revenge factor going with Memphis, and with Blake Griffen's team....its will just be a big ol battle.

TAKEDOWN
05-09-2012, 06:25 AM
I'm still a BULLiever!

SID210SA
05-11-2012, 05:19 AM
Sorry for the Bulls, I actually thought they might pull it out after their big win the other night.

Go Denver, they force a game 7 with the Lakers!!

Boston wins their series.

First 2nd round series starts Sat and Sun for the east.

Did I mention....Go Denver? I would love to see the Lakers go out in the first round!!

yjmud
05-11-2012, 05:24 AM
need someone to take out the heat

Guittard22
05-11-2012, 06:09 AM
Game 7 Den vs LA ...... Wow Kobe going to need 50 points to move to the next round .

SID210SA
05-21-2012, 05:04 AM
Lakers are down 3-1....game 5 tonight!!

Two series tied at 2-2, one tonight, the Celtic and 76'ers.

Spurs won their series against the Clippers last night...it was close the entire game this time and the Clippers had a 5 point lead late in the game but couldnt hold on for the victory....

One less team the Staple's center crew has to worry about setting up.

SID210SA
05-22-2012, 09:08 AM
Now L.A. has only one team in the playoffs and its not for basketball....the Lakers didnt even show up.....I bet the staples center crew are breathing a sigh of relief...no more overtime for the crew that sets the floors, now that their NBA seasons are over.

Congrats to our I35 rivals the OKC Thunder.

Its too bad the Western conference has to wait on the Eastern conference to start the conference finals.

Heat and Pacers are tied at 2 each, and play tonight

Boston leads its series 3-2 over the 76ers and play again on Wednesday night.

SID210SA
05-28-2012, 07:30 AM
On to the Eastern and Western Confernece finals!!

Boston VS. Miami - First game tonight.

Spurs VS. OKC - The first game was a great close one....the Spurs pulled it out though, and lead the series 1-0. They didnt play well most of the game but put on a great 4th quarter and pulled out the victory.

jerrym3
05-28-2012, 11:20 AM
I'm from the NY area. So, I'm supposed to hate Boston regardless of the sport.

Can't do it. Love the town, love the heritage, love the history.

Go, Celtics.

SID210SA
05-30-2012, 05:54 AM
Jerrym3,

I hope the Celtics can win tonight and win the series.....I am not really a fan of them, just really dont like LeBron James and I hope the Heat go down in flames.

Sorry if I offended any Miami fans.

The Spurs won last night...not as close as a game....they went up by as many as 22 points...and OKC got as close as 6 towards the end....but they are not the Spurs of old that would loose a big lead and then loose the game.

They have a 10 game winning streak in the playoffs this year and a 20 game winning streak overall, which is the 4th best in NBA history.....the best is 33. They have not lost since April 11th....49 days ago. The Spurs have tied for the second longest playoff winning streak in NBA history....1st is held by the Lakers at 11.

I hope this will be the year for their 5th ring!!

InfernoHeat2005
05-30-2012, 06:04 AM
Jerrym3,

I hope the Celtics can win tonight and win the series.....I am not really a fan of them, just really dont like LeBron James and I hope the Heat go down in flames.

Sorry if I offended any Miami fans.

The Spurs won last night...not as close as a game....they went up by as many as 22 points...and OKC got as close as 6 towards the end....but they are not the Spurs of old that would loose a big lead and then loose the game.

They have a 10 game winning streak in the playoffs this year and a 20 game winning streak overall, which is the 4th best in NBA history.....the best is 33. They have not lost since April 11th....49 days ago. The Spurs have tied for the second longest playoff winning streak in NBA history....1st is held by the Lakers at 11.

I hope this will be the year for their 5th ring!!

I dislike the whole Miami bandwagon thing, I dont want to see them win it either. Hopefully OKC can pull through.

Guittard22
05-30-2012, 08:43 PM
Good game going on right now :) overtime with the heat up by 5 with 22 sec left in the game .

MOTOWN
05-30-2012, 09:20 PM
Excellent game tonight!

SID210SA
06-01-2012, 05:09 AM
Wow....what a dissapointment.....Spurs got blown out in game 3 in OKC.

It started bad when OKC went on an 8-0 run to start the game then got better for the Spurs when they took the lead midway thru the first quarter and held it at the end of the first quarter....but then OKC turned it on or the Spurs turned it off and had a deficit as big as 24 points before losing by 20.

On the other side Boston is looking to not go down 3-0 on Miami.....they almost tied the series but lost in OT on Wednesday night.

jerrym3
06-01-2012, 06:15 AM
Hate to pick on one call, but that non call in the Boston/Miami game near the end of regulation was a big one.

On replay, the Boston player clearly got smacked in the head going for a lay up.

But, them's the breaks.

MOTOWN
06-01-2012, 06:32 AM
Looking forward to game 3 tonight!

92BlackGT
06-01-2012, 12:38 PM
i think the Thunder have figured out the Spurs

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g92/92blackgt/019b42f7.jpg

SID210SA
06-04-2012, 05:01 AM
I hope the Spurs have figured out the Thunder the last two games.....I dont see a win tonight for the Thunder.

Both series are now tied 2-2. Both series going back to the home team arenas.

MOTOWN
06-04-2012, 05:08 AM
Its truly an interesting series!

SID210SA
06-06-2012, 05:27 AM
Its win or go home time for the Spurs......lauded to be the best team in the NBA this year.....having a 20 game win streak snapped, and now loosing 3 in a row for the first time all year....they need a win tonight in OKC to stay alive in the playoffs and force a game 7 at home. It doesnt look good for my home team.

On the Eastern Conference side, Boston won game 5 in Miami last night and now only need 1 win in the next 2 games to go to the NBA finals.

breeze
06-06-2012, 05:37 AM
Boston will win game 6 or 7. Okc sane thing. Boston won't get a ring who ever they play. Can't run or gave the offense to compete against okc and spurs are too good for Boston.

Guittard22
06-06-2012, 08:28 AM
Boston will win game 6 or 7. Okc sane thing. Boston won't get a ring who ever they play. Can't run or gave the offense to compete against okc and spurs are too good for Boston.

Old man in green look good going into game 6 .

SID210SA
06-07-2012, 05:43 AM
Well,

Spurs went down, they came out swinging in the first half....then....dont know what happend...but Stephen Jackson appeared to be the only one to show up in the second half.

Boston and Miami tonight for game 6.....Go Boston!! (only because I dont like Miami)

jerrym3
06-07-2012, 06:02 AM
Love watching that Miami TV interview with Wade and James discussing multiple NBA championships.

That clip alone has me rooting against Miami.

I'd love to see them lose in the championship series, but not even getting there would be a bigger kick in the butt.

jerrym3
06-14-2012, 10:31 AM
Never paid much attention before to the Oklahoma team, but they are good!

That Garnett, for a guy almost 7' tall, is amazing.

marauder410
06-14-2012, 10:52 AM
OKC and MIAMI most exciting finals in couple years in my opinion

durant-westbrook

lebran-wade

thunder looks too strong for HEAT and put a strompin on MIAMI

durant went off in the 4th quarter 17 points, hes the best youngest player in the league by far. back to back scoring titles you cant argue it that

jerrym3
06-15-2012, 06:37 AM
Considering the hole that OK dug for themselves from the start, I still think they will win the series.

A few ref mistakes near the end, but that's the game. (Bad call on the blocked shot and the no call on the Durant shot at the end).

But, you never know.

I don't like him very much, but James has got some talent.