PDA

View Full Version : Dude doesn't want a Marauder!

Mote
04-23-2012, 01:40 PM
I picked up a couple items at my FLAPS today. The guy working the counter asked year/make/model. "2003 Mercury Marauder" I said. He replies "Almost bought one of those. Until I found out they have COPs". "That stopped the deal?" I ask. "Dead in its tracks. No way. Besides they want too much for them. 2004 with 100K miles for ten grand? Too much for me. They look cool though".

I pay for my stuff. Then he asks "You got the factory wheels"? I proudly reply "Yep!". He replies "You need a bag for that?". Off I go. Odd conversation.

Shaijack
04-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Ignorance is blist for some folks. Thats why he will be a counter guy the rest of his life. Did he also show you his fake high school diploma??

SC Cheesehead
04-23-2012, 02:12 PM
I picked up a couple items at my FLAPS today. The guy working the counter asked year/make/model. "2003 Mercury Marauder" I said. He replies "Almost bought one of those. Until I found out they have COPs". "That stopped the deal?" I ask. "Dead in its tracks. No way. Besides they want too much for them. 2004 with 100K miles for ten grand? Too much for me. They look cool though".

I pay for my stuff. Then he asks "You got the factory wheels"? I proudly reply "Yep!". He replies "You need a bag for that?". Off I go. Odd conversation.

I can about picture his ride, based on those comments...

http://ll.speedhunters.com/u/f/eagames/NFS/speedhunters.com/Images/AntonioAlvendia/Japan/Ebisu%20Circuit/86%20Day%20Special/IMG_6683%20copy.jpg

:rolleyes: -----> :D

breeze
04-23-2012, 02:42 PM
Infiniti, Acura with that mileage go for ten grand so what's gf tryna say

RF Overlord
04-23-2012, 02:46 PM
Until I found out they have COPs". "That stopped the deal?" I ask. "Dead in its tracks. No way. Does he have ANY idea how many cars use COPs now? He's obviously a moron and it's prolly a good thing he DIDN'T buy one or it would be in the junkyard now.

LANDY
04-23-2012, 02:47 PM

http://ll.speedhunters.com/u/f/eagames/NFS/speedhunters.com/Images/AntonioAlvendia/Japan/Ebisu%20Circuit/86%20Day%20Special/IMG_6683%20copy.jpg

:rolleyes: -----> :D I actually like these **** boxes.

RF Overlord
04-23-2012, 02:53 PM
Yeah, so many of the JDM cars are much cooler than the versions they're required to send us...many of them are still RWD, for example.

Captain Dynball
04-23-2012, 02:59 PM
When someone can't afford something they always make up some BS story to explain why they couldn't buy it since they don't want to admit they make $6 an hour. Atleast you know that it was one less Marauder in the hands of a douche!

JOEMERC
04-23-2012, 03:23 PM
He probably drives his moms minivan to work, he's just wishes he had a Marauder and he should be, lol

MrBluGruv
04-23-2012, 03:33 PM

I guess this doesn't say much more than "anything can be made insane with money", but nevertheless, if you want some variety in your driving, one of these would certainly be fun and different. :P

FW4jc96PVXQ

drummerboi
04-23-2012, 05:08 PM
What's COPs??

Blackened300a
04-23-2012, 05:18 PM
What's COPs??

Coil On Plug. Each spark plug has its own coil.

a_d_a_m
04-23-2012, 05:29 PM
My FLAPS folks love the Marauder, and one of the guys has a '70 Galaxie so I know he's got good taste. Guess I'm lucky.

CBT
04-23-2012, 05:37 PM

Because sometimes, one chin spoiler just isn't enough....

Bluerauder
04-23-2012, 05:58 PM
You don't say how old the guy was. I worked for Western Auto from age 16-20 doing just about everything in the store from stocking shelves to mounting tires, replacing batteries, getting parts and being a salesman. Think I was making about $3.25 an hour on about 20+ hours per week while going to school. Not a whole lot of money except for "entertainment".

My first car was a briefly used '71 Chevelle with the 307 cid engine. Not what I wanted caused I really wanted an SS 396; but it was what I could afford at the time. My next car was new '74 Dodge Charger SE with the 318 cid engine. Again, not what I really wanted 'cause a 383 or 440 would have been much better. But like before, it was what I could afford at the time.

I've been through lots of cars and life cycles and had coupes and vans and kids to haul. It was what I could afford at the time and what made sense for the family.

Now I have alot more flexibility; but it took me years to get to this point.

Your guy at FLAPS appears to know where his affordability line is .... that's a good thing IMHO. The COPS comment may have just been a mild cover story. I don't think it is a good thing to drive cars that you can't afford .... or live in a house that you can't afford .... or go to the poorhouse just for appearances sake or to keep up with the Joneseseseses. ;) But heck ... that's JMHO.