PDA

View Full Version : Many love the God's heads on their steering wheel.

woaface
02-07-2004, 08:38 PM
But I however, have a pitiful Marquis. Could anyone sell me the Mercury symbol they have that was replaced by the gods head if it were so possible? Thanks a bunch! -JimmyG

CRUZTAKER
02-07-2004, 08:43 PM
Hey man, enough with the pitifull stuff!

First off, we didn't replace them, we put new ones over the waterfall. I once had an LS Gran Marquis. In fact I traded it toward the marauder. But for the life of me I cannot remember if there was anything in the center of the steering wheel. What's on yours?

I have several many god's head steering wheel logo thingies out in the garage somewhere. If you want one of those....I think I paid a mere $5 a piece. How 'bout I just send you one? Afterall, you are driving a merc.

woaface
02-07-2004, 09:50 PM
Works for me, if you send it I can pay for shipping...I don't have anything in mine, it's got the waterfall embossed. I saw how MarauderMan's were put over, and it was nice...but I was hoping that that wasn't how everything was done.

the_pack_rat
02-07-2004, 11:16 PM
Too bad the air bag wasn't molded & recessed to accept a chrome gods head emblem of some sort.

Example -

Look at the attached photo of these (2) factory Toyota Solara steering wheels.

(1) is the 99-01 Solara - Toyota logo molded & recessed into the air bag(our car) looks ok but nothing exciting.

(2) is the 02-03 Solara - very similar style of wheel as the 99-01, but with a chrome emblem.

IMHO, the 02-03 wheel wins HANDS DOWN in the looks dept. Much more of an upscale look than the 99-01.

Sorry I could'nt find or think of a FoMoCo example.

;)

Eric < --- wishes our 2000 Solara had the 02-03 style airbag.

woaface
02-07-2004, 11:31 PM
And the 03/04 Marauder steering wheels is what I'm talkin' 'bout!:beer: