PDA

View Full Version : Good deal on Rear OEM tires?

loud2004marquis
04-23-2012, 05:12 PM
Found a local deal for two brand new BF Goodrich G Force 245/55/ZR18 for $260.00. (Guy bought the wrong tires)

If you were in the market for rear tires, you think this is a good deal?

Or would you rather upgrade if you were in the market for two new rear tires, and already spending money?

Bluerauder
04-23-2012, 05:20 PM
Found a local deal for two brand new BF Goodrich G Force 245/55/ZR18 for $260.00. (Guy bought the wrong tires)

Or would you rather upgrade if you were in the market for two new rear tires, and already spending money?

I'd buy 2 rear OEM BFGs 245/55/18 in a heartbeat for $260.00. That's about $60.00 less than the last set of rears that I put on mine. And about $160.00 less than the GoodYear Eagle F1 DS-G3s that I ran for 2 years.

Of course, I like the OEM BFGs despite general sentiment here to the contrary and I've been able to get around 21K on the rears and 36K consistently on the fronts. Never even made that much with the GoodYears. I am comfortable with the handling & performance of the BFGs after nearly 9 years of ownership. The Good Years were OK; but gone after 15K miles.

justbob
04-23-2012, 06:36 PM
The last two sets I bought were $250/free ship - Ebay factory blems and $240/free ship from tire dealer that BradleyG from here knows/knew who had to many in stock and where also factory blems.

Sounds as if they screwed up the "mount this side in" on a LOT of tires! I never had an issue with them. I see these pop up quite often on Ebay for $250 a pair (blems) so at least he is in the neighborhood. Might wanna check to see if they are blems as well. If so he is just trying to bail out and recoupe all costs. My bet is they are blems, once again, NOTHING wrong with that.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

CBT
04-23-2012, 06:41 PM

There is NO good deal on factory rears. OR fronts. Worst tire decision ever made by a car maker. Enjoy the whopping 10 thousand miles you'll get out of them. I burned a set in 10 thousand and another set miraculously lasted 17 thousand. All four corners. I vowed then never again. Just my 2 cents.

MOTOWN
04-23-2012, 06:46 PM
There is NO good deal on factory rears. OR fronts. Worst tire decision ever made by a car maker. Enjoy the whopping 10 thousand miles you'll get out of them. I burned a set in 10 thousand and another set miraculously lasted 17 thousand. All four corners. I vowed then never again. Just my 2 cents.

I couldnt agree more! and havent looked back sense!

justbob
04-23-2012, 07:05 PM
I couldnt agree more! and havent looked back sense!

+2 After 8 years of OEM, I went Nitto.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

dohc324ci
04-23-2012, 11:15 PM
Nitto NT05's or Nitto NT555 are much better options. Coopers if you want to stay OE size. But seriously much better tires out there dont be afraid to try a different set.

kirk
04-24-2012, 01:44 PM

I'm in the market for those tires now, so if you don't want them let me know who has them please.

loud2004marquis
04-24-2012, 03:35 PM
I'm in the market for those tires now, so if you don't want them let me know who has them please.

Just PM'd you his info