PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft

PonyUP
04-26-2012, 05:48 PM
What a first round, with the rookie cap in place, lots of moves.

And the Vikings didn't screw it up, add 3 picks and still got the right guy in Kalil.

They are still a few years away and Ponder needs to take huge steps this year, but it's starting to look up

Pony seal of Approval

tallpaul
04-27-2012, 04:32 AM
Hopefully Dallas will finally get rid of Terrence Newman now that they drafted Morris Claiborne.

Dj1
04-27-2012, 05:10 AM
Hopefully Dallas will finally get rid of Terrence Newman now that they drafted Maurice Claibourne.

They cut him 2 weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

PonyUP
04-27-2012, 05:51 AM
That Dallas secondary is looking good now.

And the Vikings moved back into the first round to get Harrison Smith. Two real good moves. Need a corner, WR and some D line

Pony seal of Approval

SC Cheesehead
04-27-2012, 05:57 AM
The Pack picked up a DE that shoul bolster their pass rushing capability.

Still got some more work to do on D, though.

Black&Gifted
04-27-2012, 01:10 PM
Lions finally drafted someone to keep stafford upright. Very happy.

Not happy about Megatron being on the madden cover though.

PonyUP
04-27-2012, 01:14 PM
Lions finally drafted someone to keep stafford upright. Very happy.

Not happy about Megatron being on the madden cover though.

Yeah that is one curse that stil remains active, for your sake I hope it doesn't hit this year. Megatron is awesome and I love watching him play. Since the Vikings suck this year, I kind of root for the Lions, I'd like to see them do well

SC Cheesehead
04-27-2012, 03:32 PM
Since the Vikings always suck, I think I'll root for the Packers, I'd like to see them do well.

Fixed it for you, bubba! :D

PonyUP
04-27-2012, 05:02 PM
Fixed it for you, bubba! :D

Screw you McCheesy!!!! :lol:

Pony seal of Approval

IwantmyMMnow!
04-27-2012, 07:02 PM
Since Da Bears still suck, I root for the Packers, I like to see them do well

C'mon Rex.... :P

SC Cheesehead
04-27-2012, 07:04 PM
C'mon Rex.... :P

He's a ViQueens fan, tho....

IwantmyMMnow!
04-27-2012, 07:08 PM
The Pack picked up a DE that shoul bolster their pass rushing capability.

Still got some more work to do on D, though.

Looks like they're tryin'....DT/DT/DB 1-2-3...

PonyUP
04-27-2012, 07:15 PM
Since the Packers are the only other 15-1 team to not make the Superbowl, I will root for the Vikings this season, as at least they don't wear gay green and gold.

Fixed for you Rex and yes I quoted and fixed myself

Pony seal of Approval

IwantmyMMnow!
04-27-2012, 07:23 PM
He's a ViQueens fan, tho....

I know, but a Packer's fan always takes a shot at Da Bears at every opportunity!

Fixed for you Rex and yes I quoted and fixed myself

Pony seal of Approval

Brad...would like to hear from a Vikings fan's perspective...what did YOU think when you heard that Favre was coming to Minnesota....

PonyUP
04-27-2012, 07:55 PM
I know, but a Packer's fan always takes a shot at Da Bears at every opportunity!

Brad...would like to hear from a Vikings fan's perspective...what did YOU think when you heard that Favre was coming to Minnesota....

Well in Favres instance, I really respected him, loved how hard he played the game, I loved that he manipulated the Packers and Jets in a two year plan to get to the Vikings.

He said the first time he unretired, he wanted to be a Viking, the Pack refused to allow it, even writing it into the clause of the trade with the Jets.

So knowing that's where he wanted to be, we certainly wanted to have him. And if it wasn't for the Saints cheating and the Refs rolling out the red carpet to the Katrina bowl, while Mickey Loomis was listening to our coaching calls in his suite, we would have been in the bowl against the Colts

In all seriousness I loved Favre, and I'm do glad he was a Viking for a couple years. May have set us back for the future, but it was worth taking the shot.

Pony seal of Approval

breeze
04-27-2012, 07:58 PM
Go bucs!!!

IwantmyMMnow!
04-27-2012, 08:46 PM
Well in Favres instance, I really respected him, loved how hard he played the game, I loved that he manipulated the Packers and Jets in a two year plan to get to the Vikings.

He said the first time he unretired, he wanted to be a Viking, the Pack refused to allow it, even writing it into the clause of the trade with the Jets.

So knowing that's where he wanted to be, we certainly wanted to have him. And if it wasn't for the Saints cheating and the Refs rolling out the red carpet to the Katrina bowl, while Mickey Loomis was listening to our coaching calls in his suite, we would have been in the bowl against the Colts

In all seriousness I loved Favre, and I'm do glad he was a Viking for a couple years. May have set us back for the future, but it was worth taking the shot.

Pony seal of Approval

Yeah, we knew he wanted to go there and tried our damndest to not allow it...worked for a year, though. His 'manipulation' of the Packer organization put a sour taste in my mouth, but I respect his toughness and his ability to turn Packer football back into something fun to watch, not fun-ny. I grew up during the woeful 70s and 80s Packers and thought I'd never see them win a SB.

Just wish the 'Favre' era hadn't ended the way it had, but it got to the point where I think the head honchos did what needed to be done. We knew A-Rod had the potential to lead our team to the SB and it was time to get him off the bench and be the new leader for our team.

I agree with you; the Vikings had to take a shot and almost made it work.

Colt
04-28-2012, 11:12 AM
I guess I am now a Redskins fan (Pats/Boys and now Skins). I have high hopes for RGIII. He grew up where I work, and went to college just up the road at BU. A real stand up guy and I hope a great role model for the NFL.

PonyUP
04-28-2012, 11:39 AM
I guess I am now a Redskins fan (Pats/Boys and now Skins). I have high hopes for RGIII. He grew up where I work, and went to college just up the road at BU. A real stand up guy and I hope a great role model for the NFL.

I think the Skins were doing great up until they drafted Cousins, seems like a wasted pick to me

Pony seal of Approval

SC Cheesehead
04-28-2012, 02:44 PM
All D for the Packers so far...

PonyUP
04-28-2012, 03:44 PM
Well Vikes filled some needs. 3 DB, 2WR, Pro Bowl possible LT, blocking Fullback, I like what they did

Pony seal of Approval

Shaijack
04-28-2012, 07:18 PM
The NFL is selling draft beer now???

IwantmyMMnow!
04-28-2012, 08:07 PM
The NFL is selling draft beer now???

Yep...16oz cup for $8 or over 9,000....

IwantmyMMnow!
04-29-2012, 07:12 PM
Hey Rex, have you looked at the Packers schedule? Weird that they are playing on Thursday night in week 2 (and just 4 days after having to travel to S.F.), but it's against Da Bears (still suck) and we'll be at MVX...looks like you, me, Casey, and all the other Pack/Bears (still suck) fans will have our own 'itinerary' for that night...

Calling it now...Pack 27, Bears 23.

3 Sunday night games, 1 MNF, but no Thanksgiving day game? Sucks that the closest they'll be to us all year long is Indy. Wish the Tennessee game was an away game...I'd be willing to make the drive.

Schedule seems a little goofy, but I think 13-3 will be final record. Think we'll lose to 49ers, Giants, and drop one between the Bears (still suck)/Vikings/Lions.

CBT
04-29-2012, 08:03 PM
Hey Rex, have you looked at the Packers schedule? Weird that they are playing on Thursday night in week 2 (and just 4 days after having to travel to S.F.), but it's against Da Bears (still suck) and we'll be at MVX...looks like you, me, Casey, and all the other Pack/Bears (still suck) fans will have our own 'itinerary' for that night...

Calling it now...Pack 27, Bears 23.

3 Sunday night games, 1 MNF, but no Thanksgiving day game? Sucks that the closest they'll be to us all year long is Indy. Wish the Tennessee game was an away game...I'd be willing to make the drive.

Schedule seems a little goofy, but I think 13-3 will be final record. Think we'll lose to 49ers, Giants, and drop one between the Bears (still suck)/Vikings/Lions.

Six pack of beer says Packers lose?

IwantmyMMnow!
04-29-2012, 09:07 PM

You betcha....

SC Cheesehead
04-30-2012, 04:20 AM

I think by now you'd get tired of buying me beer every year, but yeah, I'll take your silly bet.

Oh, and BTW: T.B.S.S.*

CBT
04-30-2012, 06:04 AM
I think by now you'd get tired of buying me beer every year, but yeah, I'll take your silly bet.

Oh, and BTW: T.B.S.S.*

too late, fresh meat took the sucker bet this year, lol. well i guess i can't call kyle fresh meat anymore, he been to too many events. :beer:

SC Cheesehead
04-30-2012, 06:30 AM
too late, fresh meat took the sucker bet this year, lol. well i guess i can't call kyle fresh meat anymore, he been to too many events. :beer:

So, what's that mean, you only wanna lose one six pack?

:chicken:

IwantmyMMnow!
04-30-2012, 06:34 AM

Is this your way of saying I'm 'jerky' without actually saying it? ;)

(MMMMMmmmm......jerrrrkyyy)

BTW, a better bet would be a night out at a strip club at the other's expense, but you have a woman and stuffs....

(and I can't cover that kind of bet, anyway) :lol:

Edit: T.B.S.S.!

CBT
04-30-2012, 07:05 AM
So, what's that mean, you only wanna lose one six pack?

:chicken:

Fine. Let's do it! :beer:

SC Cheesehead
04-30-2012, 07:18 AM
Fine. Let's do it! :beer:

You know what PT Barnum used to say... ;) ------> :D

CBT
04-30-2012, 08:53 AM
You know what PT Barnum used to say... ;) ------> :D

It's the greatest show on earth? :beer:

Mest30
04-30-2012, 09:19 AM
I don't really like the Bears first pick. If they really wanted him, they could have traded down a few picks and still got him. I understand their need for a pass rusher, but he is undersized as a DE and played 65%+ of his time at Boise as a linebacker. Not to mention that Boise State has only three starters in the NFL from the last ten drafts. Not a good track record.

With DeCastro sitting there at number 19, a top prospect that many scouts believed to be the best OG outta college in the last 5-8 years and as poorly as the Bears O-line has been, I would have loved for them to take him. But the Bears did sign an OG from Troy as an undrafted free agent. This kid was the 8th best at his position in many draft boards so I'm kinda excited to see if he can compete for a job. Still, I would have loved DeCastro.

SC Cheesehead
04-30-2012, 09:40 AM
It's the greatest show on earth? :beer:

I was thinking more along the lines, "There's a sucker born every minute"... ;) -----> :D

CBT
04-30-2012, 09:44 AM
I was thinking more along the lines, "There's a sucker born every minute"... ;) -----> :D

Dueteronomy 32:35, haters!

SC Cheesehead
04-30-2012, 10:07 AM

http://www.answers.com/topic/a-fool-and-his-money-are-soon-parted

CBT
04-30-2012, 10:40 AM
"It is mine to avenge; I will repay.
In due time their foot will slip;
their day of disaster is near
and their doom rushes upon them. ”

So sayeth Da Bears to da Pack this season. So let it be written, so let it be done. AaaaaaaAAAAAAaaaaaamen, sign of the cross, 3 hail Mary's, and a slap across the back of Rex's blasphemous football head.

Mr. Man
04-30-2012, 11:01 AM
You guys are getting so excited over who's going to be the runner up team this year. Good for you:banana::P

:bows:GO GIANTS!!:bows:

SC Cheesehead
04-30-2012, 11:59 AM
You guys are getting so excited over who's going to be the runner up team this year. Good for you:banana::P

:bows:GO GIANTS!!:bows:

Don't get too excited, big boy; one year's fluke does not a dynasty make... ;)

IwantmyMMnow!
04-30-2012, 12:19 PM

Keep that bible handy, Casey...you're gonna need it on the evening of Sept 13th!

Mr. Man....last year's Giants were the Packers of 2010....hitting on all cylinders at the right time....which seems to be the recent pattern of the past 4-5 SB winners....

CBT
04-30-2012, 01:33 PM
Such hate in here, people. Just accept that Da Bears will dominate, and you will have less stress and hate in your life. It's that simple. :)

IwantmyMMnow!
04-30-2012, 01:49 PM
Such hate in here, people. Just accept that Da Bears will dominate, and you will have less stress and hate in your life. It's that simple. :)

I think you are confusing our supreme knowledge as 'hatred'. As for stress, I found a great stress reliever...whenever I start to get stressed, I just sing the "T.B.S.S." song in my head...;)

SC Cheesehead
04-30-2012, 04:21 PM
I think you are confusing our supreme knowledge as 'hatred'. As for stress, I found a great stress reliever...whenever I start to get stressed, I just sing the "T.B.S.S." song in my head...;)

Oh? You mean this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0tssFp9CWU&feature=related

:D:D:D

Marauderman
04-30-2012, 04:26 PM

OH...so they were the ones that won?...been a few days ......don't remember who won----thankls!!!!

SC Cheesehead
04-30-2012, 04:28 PM
OH...so they were the ones that won?...been a few days ......don't remember who won----thankls!!!!

Yeah. YAWN.... :sleepy:

IwantmyMMnow!
04-30-2012, 04:56 PM
Oh? You mean this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0tssFp9CWU&feature=related

:D:D:D

Yesssss!

Just spent the last 30 minutes watching Packer highlights on youtube...

...the Antonio Freeman catch (He did WHAT?)
...playoff vs Seattle (we want the ball and we're gonna score!....oops)

Now I'm ready for the real thing....gotta wait 4 more months! :mad:

PonyUP
04-30-2012, 05:04 PM
Yesssss!

Did you see the highlight of them being the only 15-1 to not win a playoff game? That's one of my favorites :lol:

Pony seal of Approval

IwantmyMMnow!
04-30-2012, 05:09 PM
Did you see the highlight of them being the only 15-1 to not win a playoff game? That's one of my favorites :lol:

Pony seal of Approval

Yep...it was right after the highlights of the Vikings winning the SB...or was it before...wait a minute; there were no highlights of the Vikings winning the SB!

SC Cheesehead
04-30-2012, 05:30 PM
Yep...it was right after the highlights of the Vikings winning the SB...or was it before...wait a minute; there were no highlights of the Vikings winning the SB!

Yep. There are three things certain in this life:

Death
Taxes
The end of season CHOKE by the Vikings....

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/779/130/6206278934_1cab6407bd_z_displa y_image.jpg?1326233395

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1016544-the-saddest-and-most-painful-moments-in-vikings-history

duhtroll
04-30-2012, 05:35 PM
Packers Fan to Bears Fan: "Yeah, the Bears still suck! I guess that's why we beat them almost half the time!"

(Chicago currently leads the all-time series, 92–86–6)

SC Cheesehead
04-30-2012, 05:39 PM
Packers Fan to Bears Fan: "Yeah, the Bears still suck! I guess that's why we beat them almost half the time!"

(Chicago currently leads the all-time series, 92–86–6)

True, that! And most of the time, the games are decided by less than a touchdown. Best rivalry in professional sports, IMO.

And I HAVE cheered for the Bears in past Super Bowls and will do so again (should they ever get there, again ;) ------> :D)

PonyUP
04-30-2012, 05:58 PM
Yep. There are three things certain in this life:

Death
Taxes
The end of season CHOKE by the Vikings....

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/779/130/6206278934_1cab6407bd_z_displa y_image.jpg?1326233395

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1016544-the-saddest-and-most-painful-moments-in-vikings-history

Screw you Rex, I don't wanna play no more

That just make winning the Superbowl in 2014 all the more sweeter

Pony seal of Approval

SC Cheesehead
04-30-2012, 06:47 PM
Screw you Rex, I don't wanna play no more

That just make winning the Superbowl in 2014 all the more sweeter

Pony seal of Approval

Uh-oh, methinks I hit a sore spot... :o

Tell you what, they make it, I'll pull for 'em (even without Favre....)

CBT
04-30-2012, 06:50 PM
Yesssss!

Watched it ten times, did ya?

IwantmyMMnow!
04-30-2012, 07:00 PM
Watched it ten times, did ya?

^^^What you said^^^

What I heard: blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

I stopped watching cuz I am in the middle of getting my final experiment lab report finished...due at 1130 tomorrow. Can't wait for all this school crap to be over with!!!!

PonyUP
04-30-2012, 07:07 PM
Uh-oh, methinks I hit a sore spot... :o

Tell you what, they make it, I'll pull for 'em (even without Favre....)

You only say that cause you know they won't make it, however if our QB takes big strides this year, just Ponder the possibilities

Pony seal of Approval

CBT
04-30-2012, 07:08 PM
^^^What you said^^^

What I heard: blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

I stopped watching cuz I am in the middle of getting my final experiment lab report finished...due at 1130 tomorrow. Can't wait for all this school crap to be over with!!!!
Good luck, bro. Took my Math final and Marketing final last week, new term starts tomorrow. No rest for the wicked I suppose.

IwantmyMMnow!
04-30-2012, 07:47 PM
Good luck, bro. Took my Math final and Marketing final last week, new term starts tomorrow. No rest for the wicked I suppose.

Thanks...kinda hit the wall the past 2-3 weeks....burnout, I guess. I will probably wind up with a C in Chem as a result, but that's still passing. I keep trying to convince myself that I'm not going to school to set new GPA records...I going to get my degee, and all I need to do to get that piece of paper is pass.

You starting back up tomorrow? Man, I wish I had your motivation....

CBT
05-01-2012, 03:39 AM
Thanks...kinda hit the wall the past 2-3 weeks....burnout, I guess. I will probably wind up with a C in Chem as a result, but that's still passing. I keep trying to convince myself that I'm not going to school to set new GPA records...I going to get my degee, and all I need to do to get that piece of paper is pass.

You starting back up tomorrow? Man, I wish I had your motivation....

Some days suck, I won't lie. Many a time I'll be sitting in class texting justbob, Zack, joejoesuperdriller, DOOM, B-rad, KentuckyMike, cwrightand others how much it sooooooooooooooks sitting in class non-stop for 3 years. They give me motivational texts. Sometimes serious, sometimes funny, always appreciated. Finite Math and Global Perspective for this 8 week run, ugh....

Mr. Man
05-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Jabroni this is a fluke

http://www.missbeachhaven.com/Pictures/Fluke.jpg

These are the SUPERBOWL CHAMPION GIANTS :bows:
http://cmsimg.indystar.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=BG&Date=20120129&Category=SPORTS0701&ArtNo=201290380&Ref=AR&MaxW=640&Border=0&Super-Bowl-2012-New-York-defense-confident-up-challenge

See the difference :D:P

SC Cheesehead
05-01-2012, 10:38 AM
That's not fluke, that's a flounder; which is exactly what the Giants are going to do this year.... ;)

Mr. Man
05-01-2012, 10:43 AM
That's not fluke, that's a flounder; which is exactly what the Giants are going to do this year.... ;)
Picture said it was a fluke so nana n nana:P besides this is a flounder

http://images.nonexiste.net/img/irc/2011/04/05/Flounder-Animal-House.jpg:D

SC Cheesehead
05-01-2012, 10:51 AM
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/flounder

floun·der 1 (flounhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/prime.gifdhttp://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/schwa.gifr)
intr.v. floun·dered, floun·der·ing, floun·ders 1. To make clumsy attempts to move or regain one's balance.
2. To move or act clumsily and in confusion. See Synonyms at blunder (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/blunder). See Usage Note at founder (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/founder)1.

n. 1. The act of floundering.
2. The 2012-13 New York Giants