PDA

View Full Version : How Chinese drivers will influence your next car

Haggis
05-01-2012, 07:22 AM
Looks as though the American consumer is SOL; How Chinese drivers will influence your next car. (http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/26/11372666-how-chinese-drivers-will-influence-your-next-car?lite)

Ozark Marauder
05-01-2012, 07:41 AM
http://www.hourdetroit.com/Hour-Detroit/January-2010/Contributors-January-2010/contributors_eisenstein.jpg

Paul A. Eisenstein

Eisenstein will drive just about anything with a set of wheels, but admits a bias toward small — and preferably fast — automobiles. His thoughts on the newest generation of compact cars appear on page 36. An auto-industry observer for more than 30 years, Eisenstein contributes to The Economist and National Public Radio, where he’s been heard on “Morning Edition,” “Fresh Air,” and “The Takeaway.” A Web-publishing pioneer, Eisenstein recently launched his own automotive news magazine, TheDetroitBureau.com, based on the independent news service he has run since 1979. A New Jersey native, Eisenstein has won numerous awards for his work. He’s based in Pleasant Ridge, but is often in the air, jetting off to meet another deadline.

I don't believe anything this guy says..........

OZ

droppointalpha
05-01-2012, 08:36 AM
That's fine... I've never bought a new car. Looks like if this were true, the trend wouldn't change.

Fosters
05-01-2012, 08:52 AM
. .

CBT
05-01-2012, 09:47 AM
http://www.hourdetroit.com/Hour-Detroit/January-2010/Contributors-January-2010/contributors_eisenstein.jpg

Paul A. Eisenstein

Eisenstein will drive just about anything with a set of wheels, but admits a bias toward small — and preferably fast — automobiles. His thoughts on the newest generation of compact cars appear on page 36. An auto-industry observer for more than 30 years, Eisenstein contributes to The Economist and National Public Radio, where he’s been heard on “Morning Edition,” “Fresh Air,” and “The Takeaway.” A Web-publishing pioneer, Eisenstein recently launched his own automotive news magazine, TheDetroitBureau.com, based on the independent news service he has run since 1979. A New Jersey native, Eisenstein has won numerous awards for his work. He’s based in Pleasant Ridge, but is often in the air, jetting off to meet another deadline.

I don't believe anything this guy says..........

OZ

30 years? Big deal, me too!

Mr. Man
05-01-2012, 10:19 AM
This has been going on for a few years. Buick's are completly designed for the Chinese mostly because GM sell more of them there than anywhere including here.

Mercguy04
05-01-2012, 11:34 AM
I don't like what the Buick looks like anyway.
Looks like a fat Jag. I understand that the China own that brand as well.
I have also heard they own Volvo too. From the look of some of the cars coming
from china they look Chiness anyway.
I like American. Lets keep America, American, not chiness.

White Knuckles
05-01-2012, 03:10 PM
For now, the BMW 335Li, like the long-wheelbase Infiniti M35hL and other “stretch” models, are targeted specifically for China, where a sizable number of car buyers prefer to be chauffeured, riding in the back seat.
Is this the modern day "Rickshaw"? Rots a ruck :shake:

RF Overlord
05-01-2012, 03:23 PM
It may not be all "doom and gloom" if this guy is right:

The influence of China could be subtle and actually quite welcome in the U.S., suggested Palmer...He said the automotive tastes of Chinese motorists are actually more in line with the U.S. than are those of European auto buyers, who prefer small, smaller and smallest products, with a small majority now powered by diesels.

Perhaps this means cars like the Charger, Challenger, etc may not be doomed after all...once the Chinese get a taste of performance.

WhatsUpDOHC
05-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Looks as though the American consumer is SOL; How Chinese drivers will influence your next car. (http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/04/26/11372666-how-chinese-drivers-will-influence-your-next-car?lite)

Chinese drivers influence my current car.

ncmm
05-01-2012, 04:41 PM
Chinese drivers influence my current car.

+1 :burnout:

FastMerc
05-01-2012, 05:25 PM
I am an individual,there for no one influences me in what I will drive or buy...

jerrym3
05-02-2012, 06:42 AM
I am an individual,there for no one influences me in what I will drive or buy...

The automobile manufacturers will influence our decision by offering products that were designed primarily for the Chinese and Indian markets.

Of course, we always have the final option not to purchase their products.