PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari tries to defy physics

Silver_04
02-08-2004, 07:35 PM
Silly Ferrari, two objects can't occupy the same space.

http://home.earthlink.net/~ctt9/images/ferrari_oops.jpg

jgc61sr2002
02-08-2004, 07:40 PM
That was a nice ride. :(

martyo
02-08-2004, 08:59 PM
If you have to take it in the rear, it might as well be a Ferrari...

LincMercLover
02-09-2004, 08:12 AM
Just think if he DIDN'T stop, how much fun that would have been for the SUV driver! :D

woaface
02-09-2004, 08:15 AM
Great stuff...:) :D :lol:

gja
02-09-2004, 09:17 AM
"A body in motion, tends to stay in motion........."
The coefficient of friction was insufficient to provide adaquate moment of deceleration, resulting in a positive displacement of the first body, by the second body.

Translation:
This fool was going too d@mned fast and ended up as a set of ramps for the minivan.

I wanna be a fly-on-the-wall when he calls his insurance company.

Agent:" You did WHAT to a minivan with the Ferrari?????!!!!!"

SHERIFF
02-10-2004, 08:19 AM
As any good defense attorney can tell you, I think it was clearly the SUV's fault!

martyo
02-10-2004, 02:00 PM
As any good defense attorney can tell you, I think it was clearly the SUV's fault!
In my opinion, it looks like the SUV backed over the Ferrari.

TripleTransAm
02-10-2004, 02:36 PM
Here's a possible scenario: SUV brakes hard at the last minute, nose dives, rear raises. Ferrari hits brakes as well, nose dives a little... enough to go under the SUV and lift it?

Looks like some sort of cross walk or stop line in the photo... would support the idea of the SUV hitting the brakes to avoid running a red light, etc.

I don't believe the ground clearance + length of rear overhang on the SUV would allow it to back up over the nose of the Ferrari and have enough tire contact to climb... unless it was in 4x4 mode and the front wheels managed to push the SUV up onto the hood. I imagine some wheelspin would be noted by the front wheels in this scenario, so tire tracks up front would give it away.

Similarly, no ABS is perfect in operation, so SOME evidence of locking should be visible behind the two cars if ABS operation did occur. This, of course, assumes a 100% panic stop on at least one of the 2 cars involved.

Interesting is that I see what looks like a gap in the hood of the SUV, as if a frontal collision had occurred. I think we'd need to see more of the scene in order to conclude that exactly happened.

MARAUDERCHICK
02-10-2004, 03:03 PM
If you have to take it in the rear, it might as well be a Ferrari...
Good one Marty!!!
:lol:

Patrick
02-10-2004, 10:03 PM
Pricless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!