PDA

View Full Version : Port Charlotte FL DTR MM ?

the_pack_rat
02-10-2004, 01:30 PM
Saw a DTR MM this morn(Tues 2-10) @ 9AM near the intersection of US 41 & Conway Blvd.

Any one from here ?.

I also know for certain there is at least ONE black 03 MM in this area possibly TWO ...

Are those people members here as well ?.

Marauderman
02-10-2004, 05:24 PM
Well-- It's not me --But some day it could be--My brother has a home across the river in Punta Gorda..and I plan on bringing my MM down there some day--maybe be then you'll have an MM and we can hook up --either way --I'll post whenever I go there for anyone wanting to meet up.............good luck.......Tom

Mattsmerc
02-10-2004, 06:57 PM
yep i live in venice/ nokomis

TAF
02-10-2004, 07:17 PM
Not only is the Port Charlotte, Puenta Gorda, Cape Coral etc. area a BEAUTIFUL place...

Just West of I-75....an exit or 2 south...take Burnt Store Road...late at night...(with radar detector)...some of the straightest, flatest, most desolate roads anywhere. A GREAT place to "stretch the legs" of your Marauder :up:

CRUZTAKER
02-10-2004, 07:26 PM
yep i live in venice/ nokomisMy late 80's hang out....haven't been back since city council put a stop to digging behind Casperson...indian burial grounds :bs:
I dug there for nearly 20 years and never found a human bone, a couple manatee and megaladon maybe....

Very nice area Nokomis.:up: Do you know Sharky?

BTW: Could it have been Carfixer in that sighting?

carfixer
02-10-2004, 07:53 PM
Wasn't me, I was working:down: . This would have been a great day to be cruising in Port Charlotte...83 degrees. Instead I was fixin broken cars...

Todd, your right, It is a beautiful area. Burnt Store Road is not so desolate anymore though, explosive growth in that area. Definately bring your radar detector, Cape Coral cops have no mercy:nono:.

Pack Rat, we have at least 1 of each color in stock here in Fort Myers. PM me if you want to be hooked up.

the_pack_rat
02-10-2004, 08:49 PM
Yea it's a pretty nice area.

Only been here a few years ... but I'd NEVER go back up north. NOT a fan of the cold & snow ... seen enough of it.

Thanks for the thought Carfixer ...

But I'm not really in the position to buy right now. I'm hoping I'll be able to do something by the end of the 04 model run.

I'll welcome all the help I can get once I am ready though.

Do any of you from this area ever get together ?.

Believe it or not ... I have yet to even ride in a MM let alone DRIVE one.

Bootlegger
02-11-2004, 06:42 AM
:nono: It wasn't me , I was up in the Pt Charlotte area a couple days ago looking for some parts..I live just off Burnt Store Rd. about 4 miles south of the Marina.. They're resurfacing Burnt Store rd as we speak. Cape Coral PD, hs a new unmarked Camero running radar all the time off the side roads . Carfixer is correct about watching your speed....

the_pack_rat
02-11-2004, 01:19 PM
Just saw the one black 03 I know I've seen around before.

Making a RH turn onto Kings highway from Midway Blvd.

Wed 2-11 @ 2:25 PM.

I was in my TC(burgundy) sitting at the light waiting to turn left onto Midway.

Looks like the driver may have picked up on the fact I was looking ... hard to say.

Spooky ...

A MM sighting around here is not a very often thing ... let alone two different ones in two consecutive days.

Eric

bossman
02-11-2004, 01:54 PM
Snot me, been building a Puter. Live in Sarasota during da week, then go to my other house on da Lake in Sebring.

Mattsmerc
02-11-2004, 08:18 PM
My late 80's hang out....haven't been back since city council put a stop to digging behind Casperson...indian burial grounds :bs:
I dug there for nearly 20 years and never found a human bone, a couple manatee and megaladon maybe....

Very nice area Nokomis.:up: Do you know Sharky?

yea i know Sharky good place to hang out for food an drink