PDA

View Full Version : Hey! Where are all the "kill stories", huh?

MDC-1
02-10-2004, 03:54 PM
I just did a search for "kill stories". Search function didn't come up with any??

C'mon now! With Logan running around with 450 rwhp, and big-ass Baer brakes, there's gotta be some kill stories out there??

Do tell :)

Smokie
02-10-2004, 04:05 PM
Try raced.

woaface
02-10-2004, 04:06 PM
I love to smoke civics, and integera's and what not...the 3950lbs of fat that I drive suprises me once in a while (key phrase, once in a while...sometimes I am disappointed, but you get what you pay for!) I could smoke Logan's Marauder and any other s/c Marauder or Mustang too!

But I prefer to turn down the reefer...it would take too much:lol:

Fourth Horseman
02-10-2004, 04:26 PM
...(key phrase, once in a while...sometimes I am disappointed, but you get what you pay for!

Nothing wrong with your car, bud. If it's anything like the pic in your sig that's a fine looking machine. I'd definitely roll it. And didn't you recently chip your car? I'll bet that'll help your off-the-line quite a bit, no?

CRUZTAKER
02-10-2004, 04:35 PM
MDC, as I am sure you are aware....it's friggin winter!:shake:

Seriously though, check the storyboard, there are plenty of stories in there.
More importantly, is that your rx-7 in the sig? I had 3 in my time. Nice...:rasta:
.....for a single guy!

My rx-7 pics are buried in the gallery somewhere, along with a couple 8 second rotorys.

Any how, welcome. Are you interested in the MM, or just killing time?

MDC-1
02-10-2004, 05:20 PM
MDC, as I am sure you are aware....it's friggin winter!:shake:

Seriously though, check the lounge, there are plenty of stories in there.
More importantly, is that your rx-7 in the sig? I had 3 in my time. Nice...:rasta:
.....for a single guy!

My rx-7 pics are buried in the gallery somewhere, along with a couple 8 second rotorys.

Any how, welcome. Are you interested in the MM, or just killing time?Yes, that's me in my 12-year old Mazda Rx7.

Here are a few small pics to bring back some old memories for you LOL :)

http://board.motorsportsdrivingclub.c om/mdcforums/attachment.php?s=&postid=487
Putnam Park Turn 4, MDC Open Lapping, March 2003

http://board.motorsportsdrivingclub.c om/mdcforums/attachment.php?s=&postid=488
Road America Turn 7, Badger Bimmers OctoberFAST 2002

http://board.motorsportsdrivingclub.c om/mdcforums/attachment.php?s=&postid=492
Putnam Park Turn 4, CIR PCA Spring Brake April 2002

http://board.motorsportsdrivingclub.c om/mdcforums/attachment.php?s=&postid=489
Mid Ohio Hot Pit (False Grid), MOR PCA May 2002

Actually, I am shopping around for a big cruiser that's comfortable and hauls ass. I take frequent trips to see my folks out of town, and the little Rx7 is getting a bit weary to drive for long haul, 250-mile round trips.

The MMs are cool cruisers. Love the all-black subtlety. Didn't know they could be modded to Logan's specs though.

I was approached by one of your members to see about MM owners participating in my IRP Road Course event scheduled for July 30. Apparently my event coincides with your national MM event.

I can't mention the details, b/c I don't want to be perceived as a "vendor" that has not paid an advertising fee.

TripleTransAm
02-10-2004, 05:23 PM
Just sharing some experience from other car lists...

...insurance and factory folks can be found to lurk on these kinds of enthusiast boards / lists and there have been instances (some folks in my immediate vicinity, too) where warranty work has been denied simply based on what was discussed on these media, whether true or invented. In one particular case, a link to a person's web site was posted, where mods were described in detail. Warranty work was promptly denied. Lots of $$ was lost.

Just thought I'd throw that out in the open for consideration....

CRUZTAKER
02-10-2004, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the pics Manny. And thanks for helping out planning team.

I grew up driving / racing rotorys, nice reflections. I so much like the bigger car, and likely at this point in my life never turn back. That is until we retire in St. Thomas, USVI. Then I see a boat and a harley, some cool waves, and tasty ....!

MDC-1
02-10-2004, 05:40 PM
Just sharing some experience from other car lists...

...insurance and factory folks can be found to lurk on these kinds of enthusiast boards / lists and there have been instances (some folks in my immediate vicinity, too) where warranty work has been denied simply based on what was discussed on these media, whether true or invented. In one particular case, a link to a person's web site was posted, where mods were described in detail. Warranty work was promptly denied. Lots of $$ was lost.

Just thought I'd throw that out in the open for consideration....
Thankfully, my car has long-past the warranty period (117,000+).

I guess I shouldn't have mentioned Logan's cruiser?

As I understand it, the Ford factory does allow approved tuners to mod their cars, ie, the Kenny Brown Marauder as an example?

Dinan and AMG or factory-authorized tuners for BMW and Mercedes-Benz, just as Mazdaspeed is Mazda's Japanese tuner for the Rx7.

As I recall, Logan's M2 is a Kenny Brown "Raider", no?

MDC-1
02-10-2004, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the pics Manny. And thanks for helping out planning team.

I grew up driving / racing rotorys, nice reflections. I so much like the bigger car, and likely at this point in my life never turn back. That is until we retire in St. Thomas, USVI. Then I see a boat and a harley, some cool waves, and tasty ....!
Damn retiring @ 38? I need to win the lottery LOL :)

Well looks like you've been there, done the "racing" thing already.

BTW, I already have one Kenny Brown M2 owner sign up as a participant.

Cheers, and thanks for the warm welcome!

TAF
02-10-2004, 05:59 PM
Hey! Where are all the "kill stories", huh?

You say?

Well...I haven't KILLED Marty.....yet.:uzi:

Bigdogjim
02-10-2004, 06:55 PM
As I recall, Logan's M2 is a Kenny Brown "Raider", no?
It is in fact a Trilogy S/C car. Did the work himself.

Welcome to the site..

woaface
02-10-2004, 07:11 PM
Nothing wrong with your car, bud. If it's anything like the pic in your sig that's a fine looking machine. I'd definitely roll it. And didn't you recently chip your car? I'll bet that'll help your off-the-line quite a bit, no?Mine is a 1999, so it's somewhat less in a few ways than the one in the picture. The frame I believe was strengthened since then. The stock engine comes with 24 more horses (39 with the handling package)...the steering wheel has cheap plastic controls, not like what you have, and the steering isn't as tight as the newer ones I don't think. Either way, I do like my car, it's a car that I think is one to be proud of, by all means. Even if there are lots of other cars, including ricers way faster than mine, I know my car still has a bigger back seat, is way more comfortable and will hold up way better in an . Either way, I'd MUCH rather have a Marauder. For the shortcomings of my car, the Marauder makes up for, in every way...doesn't miss a thing as far as I'm concerned! Yes my off-the-line times are quicker, and so my rolling from 5 or so mph, and so it is when I floor it from any speed. I am grateful, and it could be worse, but I've been with it for quite a while now, and I've been with worse, so I get to complain here and there;) :D

Patrick
02-10-2004, 11:51 PM
I would post of the one of me versus the VIPER, but I guess that would be sucide!!!!!!!!!! :bigcry:

MDC-1
02-11-2004, 07:54 AM
It is in fact a Trilogy S/C car. Did the work himself.

Welcome to the site..
Ahh, you're right. I just read Logan's sig. Thanks for the welcome.

teamrope
02-11-2004, 08:10 AM

There's one up here in Tacoma that is real sweet. Does some nice wheel stands. Owned and raced by a long time rotary mechanic/garage owner.

CRUZTAKER
02-11-2004, 10:17 AM
There's one up here in Tacoma that is real sweet. Does some nice wheel stands. Owned and raced by a long time rotary mechanic/garage owner.
....and would that be Dave Atkins of Adkins rotory? I get around man!

CRUZTAKER
02-11-2004, 10:18 AM
I would post of the one of me versus the VIPER, but I guess that would be sucide!!!!!!!!!! :bigcry:Oh go ahead...I posted my little 'snakebite' story in the storyboard from march '03 or so.

Paul T. Casey
02-11-2004, 10:23 AM
Won't hear too many kill stories here, cars are too big, too slow, drivers are too old. I did hear a rumor though of someone's wife ratracing someone else's car in a parking lot, possibly blowing doors off some sort of Chevy, but it's just a rumor. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Fourth Horseman
02-11-2004, 03:09 PM
Won't hear too many kill stories here, cars are too big, too slow, drivers are too old. I did hear a rumor though of someone's wife ratracing someone else's car in a parking lot, possibly blowing doors off some sort of Chevy, but it's just a rumor. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TAF
02-11-2004, 03:32 PM
Won't hear too many kill stories here, cars are too big, too slow, drivers are too old. I did hear a rumor though of someone's wife ratracing someone else's car in a parking lot, possibly blowing doors off some sort of Chevy, but it's just a rumor. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
No rumor...the lovely Mrs. Casey was taking on ALL comers...:burnout:

Oh yeah....in MY car :lol::lol:

RCSignals
02-11-2004, 04:24 PM
Lets not forget the infamous Sable story

martyo
02-11-2004, 05:36 PM
Oh never mind. I thought this was going to be a good thread. I thought it said "Where are all the Kilt Stories."

Gotta run back to work. That's all for me. See ya all later.....

teamrope
02-12-2004, 09:14 PM
....and would that be Dave Atkins of Adkins rotory? I get around man! That's the one. Daves about as good a man as they come. I've only taken my Chevelle to the track once, and he helped me out when it kept tossin fan belts. Real nice guy.

MDC-1
02-16-2004, 08:11 AM
Yes, Atkins Rotary is well-known in my circle.

Except for the Marauders @ Kenny Brown, I don't see too many in town; the national event in Indy oughta raise a few eyebrows?

Cheers!

teamrope
02-16-2004, 11:08 AM
Yes, Atkins Rotary is well-known in my circle.

He don't care much for he baggy pants ricer crowd.

A few years back he quit going to the track formerly known as Seattle International Raceway. It was ricer night, and when he beat team Honda, The little creatons in the stands were flipping him the bird. :shake:

BillyGman
02-16-2004, 11:35 AM
For the shortcomings of my car, the Marauder makes up for, in every way...doesn't miss a thing as far as I'm concerned! Yes my off-the-line times are quicker, and so my rolling from 5 or so mph, and so it is when I floor it from any speed. :D

Jim, I'd much rather have your car than any rice burner machine, but if you were saying that your car is quicker off the line than Marauders are, then look at my 0-60MPH time listed in my signature. Perhaps you were talking about a comparisant of off the line quickness between your car and a completely factory stock Marauder. Ofcourse mine isn't bone stock.......but it will smoke any Marquis off the line. ;)

CRUZTAKER
02-16-2004, 01:02 PM
Ofcourse mine isn't bone stock.......but it will smoke any Marquis off the line. ;)
Hey G-MAN, were you at Ennis? Ask Marty about this one and only Marquis than showed up. I can't remember his name, and I do believe he is a member.

This Marquis LS would give you a run for the money, 13.2'S all day.
So never say any, cause there's always one wise guy out ther with a blower packed into the most unlikliest of cars!

http://www.mercurygallery.net/mmnet/watermark.php?file=511/253dsc00014-med.jpg

MM03MOK
02-16-2004, 01:12 PM
JohnE from Houston
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/member.php?u=380

woaface
02-16-2004, 02:20 PM
Jim, I'd much rather have your car than any rice burner machine, but if you were saying that your car is quicker off the line than Marauders are, then look at my 0-60MPH time listed in my signature. Perhaps you were talking about a comparisant of off the line quickness between your car and a completely factory stock Marauder. Ofcourse mine isn't bone stock.......but it will smoke any Marquis off the line. ;)No, I was talking about the difference between my car stock, and my car chipped:up: , you'd have to see the posts before that...no way my car stock or chipped is faster than a stock Marauder...why you think I want one so bad? I dont' want "any rice burner" either...I'm very happy with my car...I have to be! It'll be mine for years of college and it'll be taking a lot of crap.:shot: :)

woaface
02-16-2004, 02:22 PM
Hey G-MAN, were you at Ennis? Ask Marty about this one and only Marquis than showed up. I can't remember his name, and I do believe he is a member.

This Marquis LS would give you a run for the money, 13.2'S all day.
So never say any, cause there's always one wise guy out ther with a blower packed into the most unlikliest of cars!
Yeah, that Marquis is sweet as hell...

BillyGman
02-16-2004, 02:52 PM
Cruz, and Woaface, according to that guy's sig, he runs 14.2's NOT 13.3's. So that's precisely why I've made that statement. But if there's some type of misunderstanding on my part about that, then please correct me. (Thanks MM03MOK. I remembered seeing some of the guy's posts before, but I couldn't remember his username).

woaface
02-16-2004, 03:37 PM
Cruz, and Woaface, according to that guy's sig, he runs 14.2's NOT 13.3's. So that's precisely why I've made that statement. But if there's some type of misunderstanding on my part about that, then please correct me. (Thanks MM3MOK).I just said it was sweet:) I never made claims on his times...it's nice either way...

BillyGman
02-16-2004, 03:44 PM
I just said it was sweet:) I never made claims on his times...it's nice either way...

You're "worthless and weak" drop and give me 10 push ups!!!!! :flamer:

woaface
02-16-2004, 04:23 PM
:lol: WHAT!? I'm just makin sure no one gets the wrong impression about what I most certiantly did or did not say!:)

BillyGman
02-16-2004, 04:55 PM
I'm only joking Dude........

CRUZTAKER
02-16-2004, 05:11 PM
Well I dropped and gave you TWENTY!!!!:P
My bad on the typo.:shake:

Still, however, quick for a Marquis.

BillyGman
02-16-2004, 05:15 PM
Well I dropped and gave you TWENTY!!!!:P
My bad on the typo.:shake: