PDA

View Full Version : Swamp People. In Memory of Mitchell Guist 1964-2012.

NXSBOB
05-19-2012, 08:11 AM
:bigcry:
One of of my favorite shows.

SC Cheesehead
05-19-2012, 08:28 AM

Yup, me too; and after spending the better part of two years down in LA on work assignments, I can relate to those folks.

RIP Mitchell.

tbone
05-19-2012, 10:50 AM
Christ, the guy looks like he's 80!

boatmangc
05-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Those were obviously hard years. I bet his brother is a wreck. RIP

LIGHTNIN1
05-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Christ, the guy looks like he's 80!

Playin Hard, Dyin Young.:toast:

Shaijack
05-19-2012, 03:16 PM
Just remember NOT all people from Louisiana look, smell or act like that. RIP

Ozark Marauder
05-20-2012, 11:40 AM
Two crazy Ol' Bayou Bad Boys showing us how to Jug Fish for Gar, clean and cook Turtle and Crawdads, and just generally taking the cards they were dealt and making the best of it.

I guess next season there won't be anymore, "meanwhile over on the Conway bayou"

OZ

kernie
05-20-2012, 01:43 PM

You keep pointing that out, everyone knows there are asian people, hispanics and black folks...

Then there are you guys!

:D:D

Marauderman
05-20-2012, 03:20 PM

You keep pointing that out, everyone knows there are asian people, hispanics and black folks...

Then there are you guys!

:D:D

:sorry: Amazing you think that of southerners----even more amazing is what we think of ......you......wait a minute...we have some nice members there.......so .............oh yeah...your not on that list.........for that comment!.

Marauderman
05-20-2012, 03:23 PM

So tell us for those who don't know --why leave out what we want to read about when we haven't heard the news------..........

kernie
05-20-2012, 06:37 PM
:sorry: Amazing you think that of southerners----even more amazing is what we think of ......you......wait a minute...we have some nice members there.......so .............oh yeah...your not on that list.........for that comment!.

You took my post as offensive?

Really?

Shaijack
05-21-2012, 07:48 PM
kernie I did not take it as offensive. If you ever come South I have a place for you to stay (my house) I was raised on the bayou and I have fought the LA mistique all my life. Those guys are found in every state and Canada. Like they say, they live by the cards they were given. I will add that they would give you the shirt off of their backs if you asked. Good folks..

kernie
05-21-2012, 08:10 PM
kernie I did not take it as offensive. If you ever come South I have a place for you to stay (my house) I was raised on the bayou and I have fought the LA mistique all my life. Those guys are found in every state and Canada. Like they say, they live by the cards they were given. I will add that they would give you the shirt off of their backs if you asked. Good folks..

Thank you, no bad was meant on my part, if anything the opposite, i get a kick out of those loveable characters. And yes of course not everyone looks-acts like those guys, not that there is anything wrong with them, no doubt good folks.

:beer:

SC Cheesehead
05-22-2012, 04:48 AM

True, that.

I met some great folks during my time in LA, plus a character or two. ;)

As far as the LA mystique, if that includes Cajun cooking, why fight it, just enjoy it! :D ------> :food:

Laissez les bons temps roulez. :up:

CBT
05-22-2012, 06:27 AM
Louisianna freaks, all of ya. Speak English, dammit! :P

Been to LA a couple few times, always had a blast. One of my bestest buds is from Slidell, he introduced me to rice boudin and quail eggs pickled in hot sauce. So good you can't stop eating. Eyes watering, nose running, sweat pouring off your forehead, man that was good eating after a night of bar hopping.

Haggis
05-22-2012, 07:02 AM

Every time I see you Barry, I think of the movie "Southern Comfort".

CBT
05-22-2012, 07:17 AM
Every time I see you Barry, I think of the movie "Southern Comfort".
lol, the one armed dude