PDA

View Full Version : grand marquis question

Crown Vicman
06-01-2012, 07:48 AM
I got a 99 mercury grand marquis. Can someone tell me whether or not if a 02+ grand marquis or crown victoria motor will work. The only problems I've heard of are body mount and wiring harness issues. My local Ford dealership says they tried it and it won't work. The guys at justanswer .com say it will work.

Commodore Crap
06-01-2012, 08:00 AM
The 01+ motors are PI motors, or Performance Improved. You'll need the PI intake as well.
Check www.crownvic.net for more info.

-ryan s.

RubberCtyRauder
06-01-2012, 08:01 AM
Are you a member of Crownvic.net? I'm sure oneof the members there will know something (not that members here won't know) I know some have used later model motors in earlier cars and had to swap a few things from the earlier motor to later motor. In 03 they changed the frame/suspension/steering system which prolly changed the motor mounts. I would try over on crownvic.net they try just about everything over there and alot have had success and they right it up and post it inthe "Body of Knowledge" sections.

Maybe someone from here will know more specifics.

1998-2002 should be all the same..crown vic, marquis, town car (other than the PI and NPI..performance improved)

yjmud
06-01-2012, 08:17 AM
I put a 01 pi into my 00 p71
all I needed to do was switch the injectors to the ones from the car

Spectragod
06-01-2012, 09:45 AM
It'll bolt right in, your injectors and wiring harness will need to be used from the 99', as well as some of the other sensors and electrical pieces off the 99' motor. Plus, IIRC, the oil pan and pickup is different, I put an 07' motor in a 2000 Vic, it fit like a glove.