PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Members with a Roush Spoiler

Quasar3210
06-03-2012, 01:52 AM
I currently have one of the Roush Cobravic spoilers on my car. I had a shop do the install for me and I did not get the mounting template back after the install.

I am contemplating an upgrade to either a newer Crown Vic or a Marauder if I can find one and the bank cooporates LOL.

If I do upgrade cars I am considering possibly putting the spoiler on the new car. What I am wondering is if anyone who has one of these spoilers remembers what size holes needed to be drilled for mounting off hand.

Thanks,

Tom

screamn
06-03-2012, 03:20 AM
Here is the install instructions for an OEM spoiler, credit goes out to "gdmjoe".

Not sure if the Roush uses the same mounting size holes as the OEM?

http://www.gdmjoe.com/gothvic/documents/rearspoilerinstall.pdf

Siege
06-04-2012, 04:46 AM
The Roush spoiler mounts on top of the trunk lid instead of on the back like the Marauder spoiler.

I'd suggest either:
1. Swapping the trunk lid if you get a different CV or Marauder. That way the one you're selling doesn't have holes left in the trunk lid.

2. Remove the spoiler. Get a long roll of paper, tape it to the trunk lid and do a pencil rubbing of where the holes are in relation to the edges of the trunk lid and raised lip of the stock trunk. That way you have a nice template for re-installation on the new car.

Blk Mamba
06-04-2012, 04:58 AM
When I put The Mustang GT spoiler on my MM, I took it to a truck accessory place, talked to the installer showed him where I wanted it, and it was professionally installed for $100 in 20 min.

Quasar3210
06-04-2012, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I did intend to fix the holes on the decklid of this car if I swap it. Not sure I want to have the entire decklid resprayed in addition to the spoiler or not.

I did stop by an installer shop to see about just having them install it. But they said they needed the template to do it right. I will keep my eyes open. This sounds really dumb but would matching a drill bit up to the stud thats there at least get me close? The Roush wing only uses two bolts on the outer edges of the decklid outside the weatherstrip line so I am hoping it will be easy to matchup.