PDA

View Full Version : Took It In The Rear From A Rice Burner!

SILVERMARAUDER
02-12-2004, 01:15 PM
On the way dropping the kids off to school this am i was at a stand still on I-575 look up and here comes an 02 Nissan Maxima with the driver asleep! :sleepy: one second later BAM! direct hit. Kids and i are ok going to doc to make sure this afternoon. the MM Looks pretty bad no est yet Tweeked the driver seat and bent the steering wheel and much damage to rear bumper and trunk pan i think only paint work will be rear bumper cover only. i reset the fuel switch and drove it home and left it in the garage :cry:. The Maxima did get towed off :rock: . I am as you may know very dissapointed not 100% sure i will keep her they are just never the same after being hit! IMHO but a silver MM should be easy to sell? and i will buy a 04 MM. The one funny part my 8 year old son Daniel said just seconds after the hit "WHAT THE HELL" i did laugh to my-self. :shake:

TAF
02-12-2004, 01:19 PM
Oh...man...I am SO sorry to hear this...but as always glad to hear you and the children are alright.

Be sure you let Team Collision (Team Ford of Marietta) fix it if you want to keep it, or have it right to sell. call Tom @(770) 794-0299 and tell him Todd Fisher sent you.

woaface
02-12-2004, 01:33 PM
Wow man, stupid drivers should just run into a few more trees or something. How dare he defile a beautiful piece of Mercury! Sorry to hear about that. At least you're not going to run off and get something stupid like a...cough...Maxima;)

MARAUDERCHICK
02-12-2004, 01:35 PM
OUCH! Sorry to hear about your accident! Glad everyone's ok.

Bigdogjim
02-12-2004, 02:29 PM
Important think all are OK! (so far)

Body shops' can work wonders today, (ask TAF)

Good luck with your repairs.............

STLThunder
02-12-2004, 02:49 PM
Glad to hear you're all OK. At the least your MM stood up and can say "you should see the other guy". Best of luck in whatever you decide to do. :up:

Dr Caleb
02-12-2004, 03:33 PM
A testament to the Marauder. No one's been seriously hurt in her yet!

Good that everyone's A-OK, and it was still drivable.

TripleTransAm
02-12-2004, 04:09 PM
REALLY glad to hear everyone's okay. That's why I bought this car... if this ever has to happen to me, I WANT to be able to hear my son say "what the hell" immediately after such an impact, if you catch my drift.

GarageMahal
02-12-2004, 04:20 PM
Tweeked the driver seat and bent the steering wheel
Ouch! Sounds like it was a rough ride. :cry:

Hope everything is well soon,
jta

SILVERMARAUDER
02-12-2004, 04:23 PM
Thanks for all the kind comments guys. The Maxima was going an est 35 to 40 mph when the MM played reverse line blocker :lol: . I will try to post some photos of the MM very soon!

Dr Caleb
02-12-2004, 04:32 PM
I will try to post some photos of the MM very soon!

But but but. . . they hurt my eyes! But I'm sure that everyone has that morbid curiosity . . .

Linda like that lime green CV :puke:

ParkRanger
02-12-2004, 05:00 PM
Ah man! That's one of my big fears - getting hit and messing up my bodacious vehicle.

It's at times like this you need to get a reality check. First, be thankful the family is alright. Second, it's only an automobile and can be replaced. Get a new one and don't look back. My two cents. Good luck.

ParkRanger

:burnout:

Fourth Horseman
02-12-2004, 05:07 PM
Damn, sorry to hear about this, SILVERMARAUDER. As you can probably understand, ever since my accident I just cringe when I see subjects like this pop up.

It's worth trying to save her, I think, if the damage isn't too bad. My car is back in great shape and even though it was only sheet metal damage on my car it still totalled $15k worth of damage (including labor costs).

Glad you and your children are ok. I think the sleeping Maxima driver is lucky you didn't get out and re-arrange his anatomy for him, personally.

MapleLeafMerc
02-12-2004, 05:32 PM
Sorry to hear about it Silver-did Doc check everyone out as ok?

Smokie
02-12-2004, 05:35 PM
Glad you and your children are ok. I think the sleeping Maxima driver is lucky you didn't get out and re-arrange his anatomy for him, personally.Like Fourth said glad your children are ok, more important than anything else.

Marauderman
02-12-2004, 06:25 PM
Body shops' can work wonders today, (ask TAF)

No! Ask marauderman!

woaface
02-12-2004, 06:55 PM
A testament to the Marauder. No one's been seriously hurt in her yet!

Good that everyone's A-OK, and it was still drivable.Yes! I saw a Marquis broadside a Camry once. Dude in the Camry was carried out on a stretcher, his car was REALLY messed up, looked like half what it used to be. But the guy in the Marquis was taking a police report. The GM had a bumper missing and from the headlights down, it was all pushed in about a foot. That's all!

No! Ask marauderman!Yeah, for real.

jgc61sr2002
02-12-2004, 08:15 PM
SILVERMARAUDER - I am also glad to see no one was hurt. I would definitely check out TAF's body shop. He was well satisifed with his repairs. :(

Marauderman
02-12-2004, 08:44 PM
On the way dropping the kids off to school this am i was at a stand still on I-575 look up and here comes an 02 Nissan Maxima with the driver asleep! :sleepy: one second later BAM! direct hit. Kids and i are ok going to doc to make sure this afternoon. the MM Looks pretty bad no est yet Tweeked the driver seat and bent the steering wheel and much damage to rear bumper and trunk pan i think only paint work will be rear bumper cover only. i reset the fuel switch and drove it home and left it in the garage :cry:. The Maxima did get towed off :rock: . I am as you may know very dissapointed not 100% sure i will keep her they are just never the same after being hit! IMHO but a silver MM should be easy to sell? and i will buy a 04 MM. The one funny part my 8 year old son Daniel said just seconds after the hit "WHAT THE HELL" i did laugh to my-self. :shake:

Had similar situation , but worst--am glad all are ok with you and yours....however--if there should be a next time for me --I'm gonna excersise my right to experience what we might say is " you shouldn't have done that"-- for I have not checked that off on my lifes of checklist of things accomplished and after the last situation--I will not mind at all..and won't hesitate this time--for sure!! My LEO buddies worry about me cause of it too.....not a problem..it's ( my MM baby) in the body shop getting a rear top bumper re-paint today and I've got the tire marked and last mileage written down--told'um ==anyone moved my baby outta here for anything beyond paint--meets my hipster.....stopped by today to see results on paint job--MM hasn't moved but the necessary 20 feet ....I'm a diff guy now=--no more giving in or mr nice guy crap..too much $$ tied up in her for one...enuff said..they got the pic...

Hope your car is returned to your satisfaction--if not--tellum no and show'um--remember--to one gets paid till your satisfied!!!

SILVERMARAUDER
02-12-2004, 09:57 PM
tryed to post photos but i can never re-size them? :shake:

GarageMahal
02-13-2004, 08:28 AM
tryed to post photos but i can never re-size them? :shake:
I think you can load them into the gallery without resizing. Then I think you can post a link.

jta