PDA

View Full Version : Blue Light Special !!!

widowmaker
02-12-2004, 01:17 PM
Attention fellow MM owners! You may not be aware of the attraction your MM has for blue lights. I recently was selected out of a group of cars traveling @ the same or greater speed than mine to recieve a citation for speeding. A lady in a mini-van and two good-ole boys in a pick-up had just passed me @ more than 80 MPH,but I got the ticket!! When I went to court to contest this selective enforcement,the judge told me I had two options. I could plead guilty and pay the ticket or plead not guilty and pay the ticket.Be careful folks when you come to Alabama.They need the money!!!
Widowmaker

Bigdogjim
02-12-2004, 02:37 PM
If you were the last car in line they will pick you off!

Sucks but, it's true.

Good luck with your court date.

STLThunder
02-12-2004, 03:03 PM
Reminds me of an ambush tactic in Vietnem. Let the whole column through into the kill zone and then start by picking off the guy walking drag.

gja
02-12-2004, 03:11 PM
Take 1 part Valentine-1 & 1 part Blinder M20.
Mix and install well.
Keeps the tickets away.

FordNut
02-12-2004, 03:44 PM
Take 1 part Valentine-1 & 1 part Blinder M20.
Mix and install well.
Keeps the tickets away.

More and more often I see them pacing. No radar, no laser. They will run about 10 mph over the speed limit and traffic paces at the same speed. Somebody comes on a ramp up ahead and doesn't see them, then starts blasting by the rest of traffic. Obviously speeding, busted.

But on the open highway my V1 has saved me numerous times.

MapleLeafMerc
02-12-2004, 06:11 PM
Attention fellow MM owners! You may not be aware of the attraction your MM has for blue lights. I recently was selected out of a group of cars traveling @ the same or greater speed than mine to recieve a citation for speeding. A lady in a mini-van and two good-ole boys in a pick-up had just passed me @ more than 80 MPH,but I got the ticket!! When I went to court to contest this selective enforcement,the judge told me I had two options. I could plead guilty and pay the ticket or plead not guilty and pay the ticket.Be careful folks when you come to Alabama.They need the money!!!
Widowmaker

Sorry to hear about it. I think that speeding tickets would be considered to be "easy money" for most subnational gov'ts in the US and Canada.

Oh, and because gja mentioned it, I am compelled to re-whine ;) that in good ol' Ontario they are prohibited. :fire: In Ontario, bagging speeders is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Marauderman
02-12-2004, 06:21 PM
I think the MM should have come with an "exemption " card!!