View Full Version : You're not special.

prchrman
06-13-2012, 05:50 AM
straight talk from an educator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lfxYhtf8o4&feature=player_embedded

Bluerauder
06-13-2012, 06:42 AM
straight talk from an educator.

Excellent !!! The guy is a darn good speaker and right on the mark. I particularly liked his "Center of the Universe" comment. A great mix of truth, humor, reality and congratulations. Lots of truth in his speech and a very positive tone. Let's hope they all took it that way. :up:

"Even if you ARE one in a Million, there are 6,800 people JUST like you !!!". :D

"Astrophysicists tell us that the is NO center of the universe, so YOU can't be it." :rofl:

Ms. Denmark
06-13-2012, 09:50 AM
But, but but....I am special and I am the center of the universe to at least one member of my family.....

Buddy.:cool:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/picture.php?pictureid=470&albumid=75&dl=1248298710&thumb=1 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/album.php?albumid=75&pictureid=470)

Haggis
06-13-2012, 09:53 AM
You all might be the center, but I am the Universe.

Granddaddy Marq
06-13-2012, 10:42 AM
I've always been special, just ask my Mommy. She said that's why I was in the Special Class in school.

Rockettman
06-13-2012, 10:45 AM
I must have been special too.
Not everybody got to ride the small school bus everyday.

CBT
06-13-2012, 10:58 AM
You all might be the center, but I am expanding like the Universe.

I know, right? Crazy.

Haggis
06-13-2012, 11:24 AM
I know, I'm Crazy for Joey.

***fixed***

Dr Caleb
06-13-2012, 11:24 AM
I am special. I even get my own shorter-than-normal bus.

Ms. Denmark
06-13-2012, 01:06 PM
In all seriousness, that guy is whacked. There are very definately extra special people in this world, who rise head and shoulders above others in all sorts of ways. Striving to be special in any way, big or small, is what makes us human and what makes the universe a more interesting place. I refuse to drink the Koolaide. :puke: Had I been unfortunate enough to be in that graduating class or in that audience, I would have gotten up and left. That's x many minutes of my special life I will never get back. And one more thing, I drive a Marauder. That right there makes me super special....

IwantmyMMnow!
06-13-2012, 02:46 PM
I want You all to be the center of a tootsie pop, and I am the wise old owl.

**Better**

Bluerauder
06-13-2012, 02:52 PM
In all seriousness, that guy is whacked. There are very definately extra special people in this world, who rise head and shoulders above others in all sorts of ways. Striving to be special in any way, big or small, is what makes us human and what makes the universe a more interesting place. I refuse to drink the Koolaide. :puke: Had I been unfortunate enough to be in that graduating class or in that audience, I would have gotten up and left. That's x many minutes of my special life I will never get back. And one more thing, I drive a Marauder. That right there makes me super special....

I think you missed the point. :P

Juice
06-13-2012, 05:00 PM

Uhhh........ That's exactly what he was talking about, you should listen again. He's talking about how people rely too much on gaining recognition for their achievements as opposed to striving to be the best for yourself. Do the right thing because it is right, not because someone else will praise you for it. He just put it into words a high school student would relate to.

You honestly think he would be allowed to give that speech if it was meant to be insulting? :confused:

Ms. Denmark
06-13-2012, 05:55 PM
Uhhh........ That's exactly what he was talking about, you should listen again. He's talking about how people rely too much on gaining recognition for their achievements as opposed to striving to be the best for yourself. Do the right thing because it is right, not because someone else will praise you for it. He just put it into words a high school student would relate to.

You honestly think he would be allowed to give that speech if it was meant to be insulting? :confused: Don't know, don't care....:dunno:

Juice
06-13-2012, 06:06 PM
You should, it's a good message, something society today could really use. :)

CBT
06-13-2012, 06:32 PM
I like these ideas better:

* You need to register to vote, unless you are on welfare. If you are living off the efforts of others, please do us the favor of sitting down and shutting up until you are on your own again.

* When you do vote, your votes for the House and the Senate are more important than your vote for President. The House controls the purse strings, so concentrate your awareness there.

* Liars cannot be trusted, even when the liar is the President of the country. If someone can't deal honestly with you, send them packing.

* Don't bow to the temptation to use the government as an instrument of plunder. If it is wrong for you to take money from someone else who earned it -- to take their money by force for your own needs -- then it is certainly just as wrong for you to demand that the government step forward and do this dirty work for you.

* Don't look in other people's pockets. You have no business there. What they earn is theirs. What you earn is yours. Keep it that way. Nobody owes you anything, except to respect your privacy and your rights, and leave you the hell alone.

* Speaking of earning, the revered 40-hour workweek is for losers. Forty hours should be considered the minimum, not the maximum. The winners drive home in the dark.

* Free speech is meant to protect unpopular speech. Popular speech, by definition, needs no protection.

* Finally, as Og Mandino wrote,

1. Proclaim your rarity. Each of you is a rare and unique human being.
2. Use wisely your power of choice.
3. Go the extra mile, drive home in the dark.

Oh, and put off buying a television set as long as you can.

SC Cheesehead
06-13-2012, 08:37 PM
Gotta agree with Charlie, the guy was spot on!

A couple of comments to the posting really sum it up, IMO:

"You guys really don't see what he's trying to say? Ill sum it up:

No single person is special, because EVERYONE is equally special in meaning and potential. Everyone are hold so much meaning in this world and is so special, it makes you, not special at all. Everyone holds an equal share in meaning and worth to this world, don't ever let someone tell you otherwise. This was not meant to be a "Wake up call" or hurtful. Its so meaningful, you guys need to listen to it again and listen close.

darkstars101 (http://www.youtube.com/user/darkstars101)

There's a difference between saying "You're special to me" and saying "You can grow up to be the president some day"... and many parents spend time telling their kids how they're going to be successful. Secondly, he won't have anything to do with it? One of the most important days of their lives, and the guy who made a speech won't have an impact on them? Please. He was giving them a reality check, so it doesn't hurt so bad when they realize it themselves. He was doing them a favor. TheTurbanat0r00 (http://www.youtube.com/user/TheTurbanat0r00) "

Shaijack
06-13-2012, 10:10 PM
I must be special too. Bus 49,yellow and small. My wife said I turned out ok. The dog is still riding the fence on it, the turtle is for me.

kernie
06-14-2012, 04:33 AM
Gotta agree with Charlie, the guy was spot on!

A couple of comments to the posting really sum it up, IMO:

"You guys really don't see what he's trying to say? Ill sum it up:

No single person is special, because EVERYONE is equally special in meaning and potential. Everyone are hold so much meaning in this world and is so special, it makes you, not special at all. Everyone holds an equal share in meaning and worth to this world, don't ever let someone tell you otherwise. This was not meant to be a "Wake up call" or hurtful. Its so meaningful, you guys need to listen to it again and listen close.

darkstars101 (http://www.youtube.com/user/darkstars101)

There's a difference between saying "You're special to me" and saying "You can grow up to be the president some day"... and many parents spend time telling their kids how they're going to be successful. Secondly, he won't have anything to do with it? One of the most important days of their lives, and the guy who made a speech won't have an impact on them? Please. He was giving them a reality check, so it doesn't hurt so bad when they realize it themselves. He was doing them a favor. TheTurbanat0r00 (http://www.youtube.com/user/TheTurbanat0r00) "

I can agree somewhat with the message, but on that one day? LOL, that one special day you get some clown is up there telling you you are not special? Just another number?

Thanks for making my special day a little less special, jerk, LOL.

:beer:

Bluerauder
06-14-2012, 04:40 AM
I can agree somewhat with the message, but on that one day? LOL, that one special day you get some clown is up there telling you you are not special? Just another number?

Thanks for making my special day a little less special, jerk, LOL.

Q.E.D. :rolleyes:

Joe Walsh
06-14-2012, 04:51 AM
I saw that they are calling this generation the "Trophy Generation"...because these kids grew up playing sports where everyone received a trophy, just for participating.....:shake:

I'm still waiting for my trophy for participating in life....:dunno:

kernie
06-14-2012, 05:07 AM
Q.E.D. :rolleyes:

Yes i know his message, reminds me of when i was 5 or 6 years old and my parents sent me to a bible camp for a week. They sat us around a big bon-fire and gave us the fire-n-brimstone speach, i will never forget his words "YOU MAY NOT WAKE UP IN THE MORNING". I think jesus loves you and your special would have been better than the burn in hell thingy.

Haggis
06-14-2012, 05:10 AM
Yes i know his message, reminds me of when i was 5 or 6 years old and my parents sent me to a bible camp for a week. They sat us around a big bon-fire and gave us the fire-n-brimstone speach, i will never forget his words "YOU MAY NOT WAKE UP IN THE MORNING". I think jesus loves you and your special would have been better than the burn in hell thingy.

Your 'Special' to me. :D

LANDY
06-14-2012, 05:11 AM
Those who came from nothing and have made something of themselves understand his point. I do.

Ms. Denmark
06-14-2012, 05:44 AM
I'm with Kernie on this one....:eek: :beer: :D

GAMike
06-14-2012, 05:53 AM
Those who came from nothing and have made something of themselves understand his point. I do.

True Dat Landy....... True Dat:)

:beatnik:I came from something...Had every opportunity.... I did not appreciate it at the time. I screwed off in school pursued what I wanted too instead of what I needed too........ It has had a profound effect on my present station in life.... I accept my responsibility for my choices but wish I had a time machine (:help: anyone???:o) to go back and change a few things. The time to learn is when sound advice is given, not "after the fact".

The advice he offered those students is exactely what most from this generation need to hear.....

SC Cheesehead
06-14-2012, 06:24 AM

^^^^^ EXACTLY! ^^^^^

The attitude that the world "owes" anybody is far too previlant, the only thing we're "owed" is a chance. How we embrace opportunities and make something of them is a true measure of success, IMO.

"You will find men who want to be carried on the shoulders of others, who think that the world owes them a living. They don't seem to see that we must all lift together and pull together." - Henry Ford

"Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it." - Lou Holtz

"Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man; but sooner or later the man who wins is the man who thinks he can." - Vince Lombardi

True Dat Landy....... True Dat:)

:beatnik:I came from something...Had every opportunity.... I did not appreciate it at the time. I screwed off in school pursued what I wanted too instead of what I needed too........ It has had a profound effect on my present station in life.... I accept my responsibility for my choices but wish I had a time machine (:help: anyone???:o) to go back and change a few things. The time to learn is when sound advice is given, not "after the fact".

The advice he offered those students is exactely what most from this generation need to hear.....

Spot on, Mike!

Hey, if you're getting reservations for that time machine, make 'em for two, okay? There's a couple things I wouldn't mind doing over myself... ;)

kernie
06-14-2012, 07:29 AM
I think this video belongs in this thread, great toon to boot, crank up the volume!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR5ApYxkU-U&feature=related

RF Overlord
06-14-2012, 07:48 AM
Here's the problem: What that guy said is absolutely right on, but does anyone here remember what the speaker at YOUR graduation said?

Young people today have such a hugely inflated sense of entitlement that they're just going to dismiss what he said as the rantings of a loser.

SC Cheesehead
06-14-2012, 07:55 AM
Here's the problem: What that guy said is absolutely right on, but does anyone here remember what the speaker at YOUR graduation said?

Young people today have such a hugely inflated sense of entitlement that they're just going to dismiss what he said as the rantings of a loser.

Good point, Bob. Actually, I spent most of my graduating ceremony nudging and kicking Wilfred Vande Slunt trying to wake him up (snoring was bothering folks...).

Finally got him to come around when it was time to go up for his diploma. ;)

Haggis
06-14-2012, 08:11 AM

Good point, Bob. Actually, I spent most of my graduating ceremony nudging and kicking Wilfred Vande Slunt trying to wake him up (snoring was bothering folks...).

Finally got him to come around when it was time to go up for his diploma. ;)
I do not remember my graduation ceremony, I was too drunk.

Papillon
06-14-2012, 08:19 AM

You're absolutely right. Watching this video, I tried to recall what my principal said during my graduation and I couldn't remember... Probably because it was the same usual "You will grow up to be great and wonderful doctors, lawyers, teachers, etc...". I think if I heard a speech like this, I would definitely remember.

Being around a lot of younger folk, and by younger I mean kids in their early 20's and some even younger, I see that these kids are so completely full of themselves. They have no respect for their elders, most walk all over their parents and have a total disregard for authority. They are now part of a society that includes $300 iPhones at the age of 12 (my girlfriend bought her THREE YEAR OLD nephew A 32GB/$299 iTOUCH :shake:) and extravagant birthday parties who's cost rivals full on weddings!

I'M NOT SAYING THEY ARE ALL LIKE THIS, just many of the ones I've come across.

Yes, we have to change along with the times, but I think that the values should remain the same which isn't always the case.

SC Cheesehead
06-14-2012, 08:38 AM
You're absolutely right. Watching this video, I tried to recall what my principal said during my graduation and I couldn't remember... Probably because it was the same usual "You will grow up to be great and wonderful doctors, lawyers, teachers, etc...". I think if I heard a speech like this, I would definitely remember.

Being around a lot of younger folk, and by younger I mean kids in their early 20's and some even younger, I see that these kids are so completely full of themselves. They have no respect for their elders, most walk all over their parents and have a total disregard for authority. They are now part of a society that includes $300 iPhones at the age of 12 (my girlfriend bought her THREE YEAR OLD nephew A 32GB/$299 iTOUCH :shake:) and extravagant birthday parties who's cost rivals full on weddings!

I'M NOT SAYING THEY ARE ALL LIKE THIS, just many of the ones I've come across.

Yes, we have to change along with the times, but I think that the values should remain the same which isn't always the case.

Good stuff, V! (Great personailty, a looker, and sharp as a tack, wadda gal! ;))

kernie
06-14-2012, 08:46 AM
Good stuff, V! (Great personailty, a looker, and sharp as a tack, wadda gal! ;))

You could have just said,

Good stuff, V! You are special! :D

Papillon
06-14-2012, 08:49 AM

Aaaw shucks Rexy :o

:lol:

SC Cheesehead
06-14-2012, 08:56 AM

Yeah, bu then V may have been thinking, "Does he mean 'Great personailty, a looker, and sharp as a tack' special, or http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUL27CeSGL7 l28fgTJ8-BqbKDKdMBzYO6KYXVUSx0W1S2424YL GQASYg (http://curtislowe.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/short-bus.jpg) 'special'?"

Wouldn't want that type of stress and confusion... ;)

Haggis
06-14-2012, 09:05 AM
Man, Pauly is sure one lucky guy.....I hope.

SC Cheesehead
06-14-2012, 09:09 AM
Man, Pauly is sure one lucky guy.....I hope.

That's what I'm sayin'.

Add patient to her list of virtues, too (I mean, putting up with Paul, and all... ;) ------> :D ).

Papillon
06-14-2012, 10:25 AM
That's what I'm sayin'.

Add patient to her list of virtues, too (I mean, putting up with Paul, and all... ;) ------> :D ).

HAHAHA!!! Patience like a saint! Lolol!

Haggis
06-14-2012, 10:32 AM
HAHAHA!!! Patience like a saint! Lolol!

...or Paul putting up with her. :bop:

Papillon
06-14-2012, 10:41 AM

:alone:
________

Haggis
06-14-2012, 11:00 AM
:alone:
________

Awwwww......I'm sorry. :(

Papillon
06-14-2012, 11:13 AM
Awwwww......I'm sorry. :(

Iz ok. I was just told I was special :D

Bluerauder
06-14-2012, 11:17 AM
I think if I heard a speech like this, I would definitely remember.

BINGO !!!! Me too. And even if only half of them can recall only one or two of the main points of the speech in the years to come, then he will have made his point.

SC Cheesehead
06-14-2012, 11:59 AM
Iz ok. I was just told I was special :D

Me, too!

http://static.themetapicture.com/media/funny-graph-sarcasm-when-people-think-Im-dumb.jpg

Mr. Man
06-14-2012, 01:01 PM
BINGO !!!! Me too. And even if only half of them can recall only one or two of the main points of the speech in the years to come, then he will have made his point.

If they remember anything 25 years from now it's that some creepy guy who they who used to see skulking in the shadows of their school gave a speech for 12 minutes outlining why they are nothing special and that their parents and mentors lied to them. The intricacies of why they are not special will long be forgotten and they will come to the conclusion the guy was an a grade A choice cut of beef asshat and their school was to lazy to get someone of consequence to give the commencement speech.

I can't remember who gave the speech at my HS graduation or anything that was said, and I was stone cold sober.

Alas this is all much-a-do about nothing as nothing works and nobody cares. Have a nice day :wave:

Blackened300a
06-14-2012, 02:03 PM

:whistle: :D

Papillon
06-14-2012, 02:06 PM

IIIIIII'M SURE!

:bop1:

Lol

IwantmyMMnow!
06-14-2012, 03:16 PM
Well, I'm feeling pretty 'special' right now after spending most of the day studying for my first Calculus exam tomorrow. I feel like someone has put my head in a vice and cranked the s**t out of it. If I try to memorize any more derivative rules/formulas in my brain, I'm afraid I'll forget other things like, my name, how to use the bathroom, etc.

The only things I remember from my HS grad are getting my diploma, tossing my cap, and hugging my parents after it was done.

Bigdogjim
06-14-2012, 03:18 PM
You know it really is pretty simple....life if what you make it.

John Wayne said it best...life hard..harder if you stupid.

CBT
06-14-2012, 03:55 PM
I think Dean Wormer said it best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkoPq5AOCOA

SC Cheesehead
06-14-2012, 05:26 PM
Well, I'm feeling pretty 'special' right now after spending most of the day studying for my first Calculus exam tomorrow. I feel like someone has put my head in a vice and cranked the s**t out of it. If I try to memorize any more derivative rules/formulas in my brain, I'm afraid I'll forget other things like, my name, how to use the bathroom, etc.

The only things I remember from my HS grad are getting my diploma, tossing my cap, and hugging my parents after it was done.

Calculus:

The only college course I know of designed to make smart people feel stupid...b

Papillon
06-14-2012, 06:20 PM
The teacher's intention:

"I've been teaching high school kids for 26 years. In that time, one comes to see what kids need to be told. These are wonderful kids. And one grows very fond of them and proud of them, but that doesn't mean you should indulge them with things, with platitudes or false encouragement. I wanted to give them a notion that with their privilege comes responsibility."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-57450176/teacher-defends-youre-not-special-speech/

Comin' in Hot
06-14-2012, 06:27 PM

I felt like he say speaking directly to me when I first saw animal house.

finster101
06-14-2012, 06:27 PM

And I know lot's of people totally ignoring his advice.

PonyUP
06-14-2012, 06:39 PM
Look, at the end of the day these kids spend their whole youth being told they're special, so much so they actually believe it.
It's why they believe bad things won't happen to them, it's why they believe they can act as if their are no consequences, it's why they have so much attitude today and very little consideration.
I take his message as this, you want to be special? GO OUT AND F'N EARN IT. If you want to be proud of what you become, you have to work for it, because others are.
It's like these people that cry about a QB holding out (Drew Brees). He is a top 5 QB, it's open for anyone. All you have to do is busy your ass for years to become the best. The market in the NFL pays that position the most. Bree's worked for it for years to become a top tier QB in a field of 32 people.
In other words, stop believing your special and go out and prove it.
I didn't go to college, I wasn't much of a student. I started working for my company 17 years ago as a $7/hr technician. I'm now an executive as a Regional Vice President overseeing Atlanta/Alabama/Chattanooga.

That was the message he was sending. You have to work for everything you get, if you don't, there are others who will and will take what you want. Stop playing the victim and take control of your destiny

Pony seal of Approval

SC Cheesehead
06-14-2012, 07:02 PM
Look, at the end of the day these kids spend their whole youth being told they're special, so much so they actually believe it.
It's why they believe bad things won't happen to them, it's why they believe they can act as if their are no consequences, it's why they have so much attitude today and very little consideration.
I take his message as this, you want to be special? GO OUT AND F'N EARN IT. If you want to be proud of what you become, you have to work for it, because others are.
It's like these people that cry about a QB holding out (Drew Brees). He is a top 5 QB, it's open for anyone. All you have to do is busy your ass for years to become the best. The market in the NFL pays that position the most. Bree's worked for it for years to become a top tier QB in a field of 32 people.
In other words, stop believing your special and go out and prove it.
I didn't go to college, I wasn't much of a student. I started working for my company 17 years ago as a $7/hr technician. I'm now an executive as a Regional Vice President overseeing Atlanta/Alabama/Chattanooga.

That was the message he was sending. You have to work for everything you get, if you don't, there are others who will and will take what you want. Stop playing the victim and take control of your destiny

Pony seal of Approval

On target, bro!

To paraphrase the old John Houseman commercial, "You need to do it the old fashioned way: earn it."

kernie
06-15-2012, 04:01 AM
..............turned into an old rehashed dumb subject, who cares......

Haggis
06-15-2012, 04:23 AM
I started working for my company 17 years ago as a $7/hr technician. I'm now an executive as a Regional Vice President overseeing Atlanta/Alabama/Chattanooga.

Pony seal of Approval

Your a suit? :eek:

PonyUP
06-15-2012, 04:28 AM
Your a suit? :eek:

Sometimes

Pony seal of Approval

kernie
06-15-2012, 04:48 AM
Sometimes

Pony seal of Approval

Ever think of getting into politics?

Haggis
06-15-2012, 05:43 AM
Ever think of getting into politics?

Ponyup for President; has a nice sound to it. An Ice bucket and Capt. Morgan's in every household.

PonyUP
06-15-2012, 06:01 AM
Instead of having a beer summit, it would be an ice bucket convention. The Presidential Limo would be a supercharged armored Marauder and there would be a reality show of interns vying to be the first lady.
The Cubs would be deemed world champions without even having to play the season.
We would sell states we don't need on EBay to collect some cash.
Now opening applications for the cabinet
Gordon, you can be head of Homeland Security, Bob can be Sec of State, Casey the Treasury, Rex Education and since the Veep doesn't really do anything or have any impact, that's for Joe

The Pony runs in 2016

Pony seal of Approval

Haggis
06-15-2012, 06:17 AM
Instead of having a beer summit, it would be an ice bucket convention. The Presidential Limo would be a supercharged armored Marauder and there would be a reality show of interns vying to be the first lady.
The Cubs would be deemed world champions without even having to play the season.
Gordon, you can be head of Homeland Security, Bob can be Sec of State, Casey the Treasury, Rex Education and since the Veep doesn't really do anything or have any impact, that's for Joe

The Pony runs in 2016

Pony seal of Approval

WooHoo, get the rubber gloves ready, the strip searches will start for those who qualify.

And the noose for those who don't.

SC Cheesehead
06-15-2012, 06:23 AM
..............turned into an old rehashed dumb subject, who cares......

Sigh, I guess you're correct, commerade, better for us all if we let the State feed, care, and provide for our every need...

The Pony runs in 2016

Pony seal of Approval

I'd rather have Health and Social Services, there's a couple minor changes I'd like to make... ;)

CBT
06-15-2012, 06:23 AM
Ponyup for President; has a nice sound to it. An Ice bucket and Capt. Morgan's in every household.

You just want a sailor under your roof, admit it.

PonyUP
06-15-2012, 06:48 AM

You can be my Joint Chiefs of Staff

Pony seal of Approval

kernie
06-15-2012, 06:50 AM

The Pony runs in 2016

Pony seal of Approval

Did you tell them yet they are to be democrats?

Granddaddy Marq
06-15-2012, 07:04 AM

The Pony runs in 2016

Pony seal of Approval

"Capital Police arrest President Ponyup Whall doing a burnout in the supercharged, Marauder Presidential limo tring to empress 22 year old interns." The Office said, " You Ga. boys got to keep that ***** in Ga.!" I guess Jimmy Carter, Nuwt Gingrich, and Ponyup are all trouble makers. No more Billy beer for you!

SC Cheesehead
06-15-2012, 07:09 AM
"Capital Police arrest President Ponyup Whall doing a burnout in the supercharged, Marauder Presidential limo tring to empress 22 year old interns." The Office said, " You Ga. boys got to keep that ***** in Ga.!" I guess Jimmy Carter, Nuwt Gingrich, and Ponyup are all trouble makers. No more Billy beer for you!

There's a siver lining to every cloud! :D

http://pihumble.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/billy-beer-hommer1.jpg

IwantmyMMnow!
06-15-2012, 07:31 AM
Can I be in charge of the reality show? I would be very thorough in my selection process...

"Bathe her, and bring her to me"....

I think this whole 'being special' business lies with the messenger.

If you tell someone 'you're special', then, yes, they might tend to think they are above the rest. If you tell someone 'you're special...to me', then that leaves little room for what's said to get lost in translation.

Also, prohibiting children from being exposed to disappointment early in life just makes dealing with it more difficult as they get older. "Getting points for trying" doesn't always cut it in the REAL world...

JMO...

CBT
06-15-2012, 07:38 AM
I'm going to name my next kid Special. Special CBT. Then when they apply for jobs, and they are asked "What makes you uniquely qualified for this job opening?" They can say "Because I'm Special, biotch!"

Haggis
06-15-2012, 07:39 AM

You can come over and stay any time.

Haggis
06-15-2012, 07:41 AM

Well I guess we will give a whole new meaning to being a Democrat then.

IwantmyMMnow!
06-15-2012, 07:42 AM
I'm going to name my next kid Special. Special CBT. Then when they apply for jobs, and they are asked "What makes you uniquely qualified for this job opening?" They can say "Because I'm Special, biotch!"

So you're going to have another kid?

SC Cheesehead
06-15-2012, 07:43 AM
Well I guess we will give a whole new meaning to being a Democrat then.

At least we can get 'em pointed in the "right" direction... ;)

IwantmyMMnow!
06-15-2012, 07:44 AM
you can come over and play police warden/bad inmate any time.

***fify!***

Haggis
06-15-2012, 07:46 AM
I'm jealous, I wish Casey would play dress up with me. :bigcry:

***Fixed***

IwantmyMMnow!
06-15-2012, 07:51 AM
***Fixed***

Dude...what the crap? :confused:

Besides, pics or it didn't happen....

(Wiping harddrive now...)

IwantmyMMnow!
06-15-2012, 07:53 AM
I like playing hide-n-seek with strange hot dogs

****Whazzzzzaaaaap!****

Haggis
06-15-2012, 08:14 AM
I like dressing in my ex-wife's clothing and walking the streets at night looking for sailors.

***Fixed***

PonyUP
06-15-2012, 08:14 AM

No no no, no restrictions I want independent thinkers who were only upset because the Secret Service scandal was limited to the agents. I mean shouldn't they have included the cabinet in that. If I was an undersecretary (or under a secretary) and was excluded from that, I'd be peeved

Pony seal of Approval

Bigdogjim
06-15-2012, 08:19 AM
Huh? The way you guys are posting one might think a Looseville meet was starting any day now...:lol:

Haggis
06-15-2012, 08:33 AM
Huh? The way you guys are posting one might think a Looseville meet was starting any day now...:lol:

Didn't you get the memo?

justbob
06-15-2012, 08:42 AM
Why do I need to be the secretary? Have you SEEN me in a dress? Okay, LATELY? :eek: NOT GOOD!

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2

Haggis
06-15-2012, 08:44 AM
Why do I need to be the secretary? Have you SEEN me in a dress? Okay, LATELY? :eek: NOT GOOD!

You can swap clothes with Hilary, have you seen her legs lately....:help:

SC Cheesehead
06-15-2012, 09:45 AM
You can swap clothes with Hilary, have you seen her legs lately....:help:

This is NOT a visual I want in my head.... :eek:

PonyUP
06-15-2012, 10:13 AM

Sorry Bubs, how about Sec of Defense?

Pony seal of Approval

SC Cheesehead
06-15-2012, 10:20 AM
Sorry Bubs, how about Sec of Defense?

Pony seal of Approval

With his legs, I'm thinking more along the lines of Offensive Secretary...

PonyUP
06-15-2012, 11:02 AM
With his legs, I'm thinking more along the lines of Offensive Secretary...

No no no, Secretary of the Interior

Or he can be biscuit ambassador lol

Pony seal of Approval

justbob
06-15-2012, 11:18 AM
biscuit ambassador

Pony seal of Approval
FullOWin! I can also decide what America eats. :)

SC Cheesehead
06-15-2012, 11:19 AM

Pony seal of Approval

There you go! JB's eminently qualified for the position!

Bluerauder
06-15-2012, 11:40 AM
Another thread gone to H3LL :rolleyes:

IwantmyMMnow!
06-15-2012, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by haggis http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1191408#post1 191408)
you can come over and play police warden/bad inmate any time.

***fify!***

^^^Hey! This was post #1000 for me! ^^^

1000!!!

:party::sing::surprise::toast: :xtree:

Granddaddy Marq
06-15-2012, 11:51 AM

Pony seal of Approval

I've seen JB, he's not near big enough to know any thing about a biscuit. He'll need to put on 100+ lb. or so before we need to consiter him. I on the other hand, already have the weight and expertic. I KNOW MY BISCUITS!

SC Cheesehead
06-15-2012, 12:24 PM
Another thread gone to H3LL :rolleyes:

Started at post number 58... ;)

kernie
06-15-2012, 01:45 PM
Started at post number 58... ;)

Life must be easy when you don't have to think.

SC Cheesehead
06-15-2012, 04:04 PM
Life is easy when you don't have to think.

Fixed it for you, commerade... ;) ------> :D

SC Cheesehead
06-16-2012, 08:31 AM

IIIIIII'M SURE!

:bop1:

Lol

Paul putting up with Voula, Voula putting up with Paul; if I didn't know different, I'd say they wuz hitched.... ;) ------> :D

PonyUP
06-16-2012, 10:44 AM
I've seen JB, he's not near big enough to know any thing about a biscuit. He'll need to put on 100+ lb. or so before we need to consiter him. I on the other hand, already have the weight and expertic. I KNOW MY BISCUITS!

Don't underestimate Bobs biscuit expertise. I've seen that man pack in more biscuits than humanly possible and then question why we ran outta biscuits

Pony seal of Approval

kernie
06-16-2012, 11:16 AM
Don't underestimate Bobs biscuit expertise. I've seen that man pack in more biscuits than humanly possible and then question why we ran outta biscuits

Pony seal of Approval

That cabinet of yours looks a little scary right, the one guy who seems not so scary you put in charge of biscuits?

Let me know if you need someone to keep those guys in line.

PonyUP
06-16-2012, 12:25 PM
Kernie, since Rex turned down education, that's where you should be. At least I know that science will be taught and it will be based on facts

Besides I like you Kernie, so I'll find a spot in the administration for ya

However Biscuits is an important role, it's how peace is made

Pony seal of Approval

kernie
06-16-2012, 12:48 PM
Kernie, since Rex turned down education, that's where you should be. At least I know that science will be taught and it will be based on facts

Besides I like you Kernie, so I'll find a spot in the administration for ya

However Biscuits is an important role, it's how peace is made

Pony seal of Approval

Mr. President,

With all due respect, i think as per above highlighted, we have a problem...

:D:D

PonyUP
06-16-2012, 01:01 PM
I just assumed you believed in Evolution, whoops, well we'll figure something out for ya brother

Pony seal of Approval

kernie
06-16-2012, 01:12 PM
I just assumed you believed in Evolution, whoops, well we'll figure something out for ya brother

Pony seal of Approval

Oh no, i'm not the problem, how can anyone with their own mind not believe in evolution?

I just thought you might find some resistance in places like...oh Atlanta, lol.

As a matter of fact i think the cabinet is planning an overthrow, ahh it was fun while it lasted!

Ha Ha.

Mr. Man
06-16-2012, 01:23 PM
Mr. Man for Beer Czar:banana:

PonyUP
06-16-2012, 02:25 PM
Done Eric, and since GA Mike is the Currator of Speed, he is the Secretary of Transportation

Pony seal of Approval

PonyUP
06-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Oh no, i'm not the problem, how can anyone with their own mind not believe in evolution?

I just thought you might find some resistance in places like...oh Atlanta, lol.

As a matter of fact i think the cabinet is planning an overthrow, ahh it was fun while it lasted!

Ha Ha.

Ha ha, as long as I'm part of the coup

Pony seal of Approval

GAMike
06-16-2012, 04:48 PM
Done Eric, and since GA Mike is the Currator of Speed, he is the Secretary of Transportation

Pony seal of Approval

I humbely accept! As my first act as S.O.T. I will declare the abolishment of all carpool lanes...... The use of those lanes shall be reserved for Marauders only, and in places where tandem lanes exist, the left lane shall be for Marauders traveling at rates of speed 100mph and above......... Tickets will be given for any Marauder not observing this rule(something tells me, not alot of tickets will be written:burnout:)

PonyUP
06-16-2012, 05:24 PM
I humbely accept! As my first act as S.O.T. I will declare the abolishment of all carpool lanes...... The use of those lanes shall be reserved for Marauders only, and in places where tandem lanes exist, the left lane shall be for Marauders traveling at rates of speed 100mph and above......... Tickets will be given for any Marauder not observing this rule(something tells me, not alot of tickets will be written:burnout:)

Policy approved. So it is written, so it is law

Pony seal of Approval

CBT
06-16-2012, 05:46 PM
That cabinet of yours looks a little scary right, the one guy who seems not so scary you put in charge of biscuits?

Let me know if you need someone to keep those guys in line.

What's the difference between Obama and Jesus? Jesus could build a decent cabinet.

Also, I'd like to be the Minister of Foreign Affairs. Because I've had some. :cool:

Mr. Man
06-16-2012, 06:52 PM
What's the difference between Obama and Jesus? Jesus could build a decent cabinet.

Also, I'd like to be the Minister of Foreign Affairs. Because I've had some. :cool:
Hey what you did in Greece should stay in Greece:D

PonyUP
06-16-2012, 07:22 PM

You can be on the joint chiefs of shaft

Pony seal of Approval

IwantmyMMnow!
06-16-2012, 08:07 PM

:lol:

Foreign Affairs? More like 'foreign air'...

GAMike
06-17-2012, 01:49 AM
Hey what you did with Grease should be Greasy:eek: And we really don't wanna know:D

Fixed it for ya!

Sorry Casey......... Had too:P

sailsmen
06-17-2012, 06:18 AM
The real World problem I am facing. Try hiring a 25 year old and convince them to make a career commitment.
You lay it all out. The hours, goals, training, pay and at the end if they are excellent they are rewarded with pay in the range of what some in government now call rich, what a DC Fed couple makes.

They look at me in their mind and laugh. Hahahaha! For $50 per month I can lease a laptop with high speed and live a virtual life far better, with no risk and no effort. You idiot who busts your but, putting everything on the line pay for my food, housing and medical care.

How do I compete with that?

CBT
06-17-2012, 12:33 PM
The real World problem I am facing. Try hiring a 25 year old and convince them to make a career commitment.
You lay it all out. The hours, goals, training, pay and at the end if they are excellent they are rewarded with pay in the range of what some in government now call rich, what a DC Fed couple makes.

They look at me in their mind and laugh. Hahahaha! For $50 per month I can lease a laptop with high speed and live a virtual life far better, with no risk and no effort. You idiot who busts your but, putting everything on the line pay for my food, housing and medical care.

How do I compete with that?

Offer to pay them in virtual internet cash.