PDA

View Full Version : New (used) ride

jerrym3
06-16-2012, 10:23 AM
Well, the 94 TBird (152,000 miles) had to go. Too many issues, some very expensive to fix (trans and heater blend).

Bought a vehicle I never thought I would want, but since I'm now retired, doing a lot of around the house projects, and don't drive anywhere near as much as I used to, I went for a 2010 Ford dealer certified Explorer Limited (top of the line), loaded, tri-color white, 18" chrome wheels, v6, 4X4, 22,600 miles. Still has some life left on the bumper/bumper warranty.

The blue books list the car at 28-29K; I got it for 23.3 less $500 for the TBird. (I had to use side streets to get to the dealership to drop off the TBird; tranny wouldn't hold gear. I was ready to junk it.)

The biggest shock was checking the dimensions of the Explorer against my wife's 04 Lincoln LS.

Width, LS 73.2; Ex 73.7

Length, LS 193.9, Ex 193.4

My old 89 TownCar was about 17" longer than the Explorer.

So far, very pleased

Ms. Denmark
06-16-2012, 12:18 PM
Really nice! :bows: Congratulations! I think you will enjoy driving it. Gas mileage isn't great, but it's prolly similiar to my Aviator in many respects (except your truck is much newer). I love driving mine and everyone (except Mr. Man) says they love riding in it because it's so comfortable. Here's to years and miles of carefree ownership! :beer: