PDA

View Full Version : Stealerships and my Towncar

Shaijack
06-19-2012, 07:49 AM
Wife was complaining about A/C only blowing on her legs.
Took the Lincoln to a local stealership to have it looked at.
Told them what was wrong. O rings and Blend door problems.
Knew that thanks to net members. Thanks
Service guy did not listen.
Electronic control is out, he said. I said check it and again told him what was wrong.
Well the electronic control is only $675.00 and $300.00 labor.
They fixed the Lincoln. HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA
Drove it out of stealership and checked the controls. Legs NO, legs and body NO, body NO, defrost NO, Max NO.
That was last Friday and late so I could not bring it back until Monday. Called service man and peppered his azz on phone.
Monday I brought it back and explained that i told him what was wrong and he changed a good (expensive part) and not fixed, I wanted the old (good) part back and he said they threw it out.
Told him I would not pay for a part that I did not need.
He was very sorry as I explained to him that this is the last time I will be near his stealership and I will make sure to tell everyone I know about the top work that they do.
He also told me that the Tech on the car was the best. I told him to check his certifications because I think he missed a few classes.
Now I 'm waiting for the Lincoln while wife uses one of the Marauders.
I wish I knew everything like they do.
I also told him I would like the Lincoln back like it was so I could bring it to a real daelership. Baton Rough has a great on. Robertson Lincoln Ford.
LaMarque Ford Sucks....

breeze
06-19-2012, 07:53 AM
Tryna take money bit them back

Shaijack
06-19-2012, 07:50 PM
Update, they called today to say it was ready. Guess what. Not fixed. Asked to talk to the owner and manager. They did not show up. Told them to take my picture because I would not be back in there and would spread the good job they did to everyone.
They told me it was the best Tech they have and the quality control man checked it out. I told them to fire both of them and hire monkeys.

sailsmen
06-19-2012, 09:14 PM
Try Raceland Auto in Raceland. Kevin Duet. He replaced a pulley on my S/C. Sourced one that had 2 bearings and had it machined to fit.
Dealers do not repair they replace.

Kevin and his head tech race rails so they are excellent at fab.

Bigdogjim
06-19-2012, 10:43 PM
It is really a shame when the "Dealership's" act like this. They treat customers like trash.

I hate to addimit it but when the wife takes her highlander to toyta for sevice it get fixed right the first time.

Me my mercury only went to a L&M or Ford dealer when it was a warranty issue.

Shaijack
06-20-2012, 07:55 PM
Up date to Up date. They called today to tell me it was an actuator. They had to order it. I am going to ask for a refund on the parts and labor since they replaced the most expensive part without checking anything else. I told the azzes what was wrong and what had to be replaced. I hope the next update is not from jail....

sailsmen
06-20-2012, 08:08 PM
hopefully you put it on a cc and you are dsiputing the charge.

Horsepower
06-20-2012, 11:01 PM
lol yea this was some bs bro

Shaijack
06-21-2012, 01:56 AM
Billy was on a CC. How do I dispute the charge? It should (LOL) be ready today. For the forth itme.

Bluerauder
06-21-2012, 03:41 AM
Electronic control is out, he said. I said check it and again told him what was wrong.
Well the electronic control is only $675.00 and $300.00 labor.....

I think that the EATC is a Line Replaceable Unit (LRU) for dealers and they are not authorized to make repairs below that level. Same thing happened to me .... I even provided the diagnosis and the write up explanation on how to make the repair and replace the O-rings. I got the same $675 parts quote plus labor. I just :rolleyes: and said forget it. 03mmmonroe pulled the EATC and replaced the O-rings for me in 20 minutes at MV9.

Shaijack
06-21-2012, 08:15 AM
Russ would you move to LA for me? Thanks for all the helpfull info. MM net is the best.

sailsmen
06-21-2012, 08:19 AM
Billy was on a CC. How do I dispute the charge? It should (LOL) be ready today. For the forth itme.

Just call the cc and tell them exactly what happened. You paid them to fix it they charged you and did not fix it. Did you agree to pay them not to fix it????

IwantmyMMnow!
06-21-2012, 09:22 AM
Russ would you move to LA for me? Thanks for all the helpfull info. MM net is the best.

fastblackmerc is another option...

CBT
06-21-2012, 10:44 AM
Up date to Up date. They called today to tell me it was an actuator. I hope the next update is not from jail....

Prison seckz, yaaaaaaay! Do you need a penpal, yes or no.

RF Overlord
06-21-2012, 05:06 PM
Russ would you move to LA for me? No way, pal. He's gonna move to Cape Cod for ME... :P

Shaijack
06-21-2012, 08:07 PM
Casey send stuff to me in C/O Louisiana State Prison. They allow visits you know. I will know tomorrow about the fixed crap. If it is actuator they can eat the $675.00 and labor.

Spectragod
06-22-2012, 06:10 AM
Casey send stuff to me in C/O Louisiana State Prison. They allow visits you know. I will know tomorrow about the fixed crap. If it is actuator they can eat the $675.00 and labor.

Barry,

If you need someone to solve your dealership problem, let me know, problem solving is a service I provide.;) :uzi: :D

Shaijack
06-22-2012, 04:29 PM
Spectragod I will know tomorrow when I pick it up. Forth time is a charm????????
I will refuse to pay for the unit they put in and the labor. I will agree to pay for the actuator and labor.
Thanks..Barry

Dobs
06-22-2012, 06:53 PM
I told them to fire both of them and hire monkeys.

ROFL!! Very funny

Shaijack
06-23-2012, 08:53 AM
Well the ongoing story gets better. Do they train service mgrs to fib? They need to get their stories straight before they open their mouths.
Just picked the Lincoln up. I told him I would not pay for the part but would pay for the actuator adjustments. That was what was wrong, bad actuator. He said the old part was bad. I said I did not believe him because the new part did the same thing. He (lied) and said they tested the old part and it was bad. Funny because he told me the first time that they threw it away. This is the first I hear of the testing. He said they put two electronic parts in to make sure they were good. He said the mgr of the dealership will call me Monday to talk about how much money he can take off of the bill. Hell I want to pay for the work they did not the $675.00 part that was replaced even though the old one might have been good. I am a truely unhappy camper.

SC Cheesehead
06-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Well the ongoing story gets better. Do they train service mgrs to fib? They need to get their stories straight before they open their mouths.
Just picked the Lincoln up. I told him I would not pay for the part but would pay for the actuator adjustments. That was what was wrong, bad actuator. He said the old part was bad. I said I did not believe him because the new part did the same thing. He (lied) and said they tested the old part and it was bad. Funny because he told me the first time that they threw it away. This is the first I hear of the testing. He said they put two electronic parts in to make sure they were good. He said the mgr of the dealership will call me Monday to talk about how much money he can take off of the bill. Hell I want to pay for the work they did not the $675.00 part that was replaced even though the old one might have been good. I am a truely unhappy camper.

FWIW, take it up the chain to Ford, file a complaint against the dealership.

Marauderman
06-23-2012, 01:15 PM
FWIW, take it up the chain to Ford, file a complaint against the dealership.

That couldn't be one of Russ's delearships---so he can prolly tell you how and to whom (title) to ask for--just saying--he's in the know--or should be ....