PDA

View Full Version : White Castle in Asheville?

IwantmyMMnow!
06-25-2012, 04:05 PM
Well...sort of.

Went grocery shopping a little earlier...tried a different place than the one I usually go to.

Found these and just had to get 'em. Gonna pop a couple in the microwave now and see how they compare to the real thing.

Joe, Brad (PonyUp), Brad (1 Bad Merc)...the consumption of the first one will be in honor of our WC raid during Looseville....maybe 1 Bad Merc can do a burnout, PonyUp can take a piss on a dumpster, and Joe can....he can...what can Joe do?

Off to the microwave...

1stMerc
06-25-2012, 04:12 PM
Better in the oven. Nuking them tends to dry out the top bun.

tallpaul
06-25-2012, 04:14 PM
They are pretty good. I am surprised that Ashville is just now getting them. We've had them in Greenville for years.

fastblackmerc
06-25-2012, 04:15 PM
Well...sort of.

Went grocery shopping a little earlier...tried a different place than the one I usually go to.

Found these and just had to get 'em. Gonna pop a couple in the microwave now and see how they compare to the real thing.

Joe, Brad (PonyUp), Brad (1 Bad Merc)...the consumption of the first one will be in honor of our WC raid during Looseville....maybe 1 Bad Merc can do a burnout, PonyUp can take a piss on a dumpster, and Joe can....he can...what can Joe do?

Off to the microwave...

I agree... heat them in the oven.

Nothing like having them fresh tho...............

IwantmyMMnow!
06-25-2012, 04:17 PM

Yep...correct! Top bun was a little dry on the edges, but otherwise, pretty good. Perhaps I should've bought a 6-pack of beer as well to enhance the flavor even more....:lol:

IwantmyMMnow!
06-25-2012, 04:20 PM
They are pretty good. I am surprised that Ashville is just now getting them. We've had them in Greenville for years.

I'm sure they've been around here for a while...just never noticed them. I don't notice things unless it's staring me in the face or hitting me on the head...:lol:

PonyUP
06-25-2012, 04:31 PM
Yep...correct! Top bun was a little dry on the edges, but otherwise, pretty good. Perhaps I should've bought a 6-pack of beer as well to enhance the flavor even more....:lol:

6 pack of beer should be ingested prior to the castle and washed down with another 6 pack of beer

Pony seal of Approval

88LTDCV351
06-25-2012, 04:33 PM
No white castles in Cali. The frozen ones, you have to remember to add the pickle. They don't come frozen with the pickle.

CWright
06-25-2012, 04:51 PM
My wife would THROW me out of the house if I went to White Castle or the Krystal. The after affects are FEROCIOUS!! :D

PonyUP
06-25-2012, 05:06 PM
My wife would THROW me out of the house if I went to White Castle or the Krystal. The after affects are FEROCIOUS!! :D

Yes I can vouch for the after affects, but they taste so Damn Good!

Pony seal of Approval

guspech750
06-25-2012, 08:03 PM
Whities now has on the breakfast menu, cheeseburger sliders with egg FTMFW!!

http://img.tapatalk.com/a6936892-2678-1f6a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

PonyUP
06-26-2012, 03:43 AM

Sent from my iPhone

Whoaaaaaaaaa! Really? I'm rolling there when I get to Chitown

Awesome

Pony seal of Approval

Guittard22
06-26-2012, 04:14 AM

Sent from my iPhone

That looks so bad for you :) but it must taste so good at 8am. I am sure your in the bathroom by 9am :beer:

guspech750
06-26-2012, 04:31 AM
^^^^LOL^^^^

Sent from my iPhone

MM2004
06-26-2012, 04:34 AM
Whoaaaaaaaaa! Really? I'm rolling there when I get to Chitown

Awesome

Pony seal of Approval

Brad,

I'll see if those are on the menu at the WC Lounge by me.

If so, breffas Friday morning before we roll out!

:D

MIke.

Marauderman
06-26-2012, 04:41 AM
Perhaps I should've bought a 6-pack of beer as well to enhance the flavor even more....:lol:

6 pack of beer should be ingested prior to the castle and washed down with another 6 pack of beer

Pony seal of Approval

Hey Rex........get in here................there talking :beer::beer: here!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blackened300a
06-26-2012, 06:03 AM
I wasn't aware how scarce white castle is in other states. I have one within 3 miles from my place. It was my 4am after hours dinner spot for years. I'd gladly trade white castles for a single chick filla and a waffle house. We have neither except a cafeteria version of chick filla in NYU.

SC Cheesehead
06-26-2012, 06:16 AM

IMO, Sliders + beer is the only way to go... :food:

MM2004
06-26-2012, 06:32 AM
I wasn't aware how scarce white castle is in other states. I have one within 3 miles from my place. It was my 4am after hours dinner spot for years. I'd gladly trade white castles for a single chick filla and a waffle house. We have neither except a cafeteria version of chick filla in NYU.

Louisville has:

15 WC Lounges,
7 Chick-Fil-A's,
11 Waffle Houses.

:coolman:

Mike.

guspech750
06-26-2012, 09:18 AM
Louisville has:

15 WC Lounges,
7 Chick-Fil-A's,
11 Waffle Houses.

:coolman:

Mike.

And one shety Whities that closes at 1:00 A.M. FTMFL!!

Sent from my iPhone

MM2004
06-26-2012, 09:34 AM
And one shety Whities that closes at 1:00 A.M. FTMFL!!

Sent from my iPhone

I was surprised when I heard that. NEVER, have I seen a White Castle that wasn't open 24 hours.

:flamer:

Make that 14 WC Lounges in da 'ville.

Mike.

SC Cheesehead
06-26-2012, 09:51 AM
I was surprised when I heard that. NEVER, have I seen a White Castle that wasn't open 24 hours.

:flamer:

Make that 14 WC Lounges in da 'ville.

Mike.

I think somebody musta called ahead to tell them who wuz coming... ;)

Roadwarrior
06-26-2012, 09:58 AM
Brad,

I'll see if those are on the menu at the WC Lounge by me.

If so, breffas Friday morning before we roll out!

:D

MIke.
More like breakfast at White Castle :), digestional blowout at restroom afterwards :eek:, then the double roll-out of Marauders on I-65 N towards Chitown:burnout: while emitting "slider" farts throughout the trip to condition the leather interior.:shake: :bigcry: :help: Both of you guys have a good time in Chicago & have a safe trip. :up:

SC Cheesehead
06-26-2012, 10:02 AM
More like breakfast at White Castle :), digestional blowout at restroom afterwards :eek:, then the double roll-out of Marauders on I-65 N towards Chitown:burnout: while emitting "slider" farts thruout the trip to condition the leather interior.:shake: :bigcry: :help: Both of you guys have a good time in Chicago & have a safe trip. :up:

Until you've been sitting next to Pony, in a closed bus, the morning after a WC visit, you have NO idea...

http://www.flowgo.com/funny/15933_farting-contest.html

MM2004
06-26-2012, 10:20 AM
Until you've been sitting next to Pony, in a closed bus, the morning after a WC visit, you have NO idea...

http://www.flowgo.com/funny/15933_farting-contest.html

I heard about that, and glad I wasn't anywhere near the 'fallout'.

If Brad and I were riding in the same car to Chi-town, White Castle brefas would not be open for discussion.

Wouldn't happen.

:P

Mike.

SC Cheesehead
06-26-2012, 10:31 AM

If Brad and I were riding in the same car to Chi-town, White Castle brefas would not be open for discussion.

Wouldn't happen.

Mike.

Mikey, this comes from the bottom of my heart, and believe me when I tell you, that was one Looseville experience I'll never forget; and one I hope NEVER to have to repeat....
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQal8pZY3qoI Z6haQtoyftQTGrLgh9G8ufQkoRiDMu PebKH0oAU7Yb7dA (http://www.thefunkyapple.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Bad-smell.jpg)

1 Bad Merc
06-26-2012, 02:01 PM
I will go on record saying.....I have never seen anyone put down the sliders like Brad did! Dude was a monster -even the people at the register were staring at him :)

I swear he could do a Crave case all by himself! Good thing I was upwind of him the next day.....but I guess it did not matter as my dad said he had to evacuate the hotel room by 7 am as I was getting pretty bad myself!

Cant wait for you guys to get up to Chi-town. I am sure we can do two tree times the castle -hell I am going to turn you guys on to a Southside favorite -Pepper and Egg sandwiches. You aint lived till you had a couple of those.

1 Bad Merc
06-26-2012, 02:05 PM
I think this year i am going to use White Castles as the stuffing in my Turkey!

Heard a couple of people have done this and it is fantastic.

PonyUP
06-26-2012, 02:35 PM
I will go on record saying.....I have never seen anyone put down the sliders like Brad did! Dude was a monster -even the people at the register were staring at him :)

I swear he could do a Crave case all by himself! Good thing I was upwind of him the next day.....but I guess it did not matter as my dad said he had to evacuate the hotel room by 7 am as I was getting pretty bad myself!

Cant wait for you guys to get up to Chi-town. I am sure we can do two tree times the castle -hell I am going to turn you guys on to a Southside favorite -Pepper and Egg sandwiches. You aint lived till you had a couple of those.

When a drunk Fatman is hungry, you can't reason with him, you can't stop him, your only option is to stay out the way.
Not even a shety 1am closing can stop a Fatman on a mission. He simply pisses on said establishment and moves on to the next one with the camera rolling

Pony seal of Approval

PonyUP
06-26-2012, 02:36 PM

Wouldn't happen.

Mike.

See above post, if the Fatman wants Castle, no one can stop him. My ass has superpowers, one fart can destroy civilizations, respect the ass

Pony seal of Approval

MM2004
06-26-2012, 03:04 PM
See above post, if the Fatman wants Castle, no one can stop him. My ass has superpowers, one fart can destroy civilizations, respect the ass

Pony seal of Approval

I'm just glad you didn't visit the Castle prior to lunch at Logan's then me grabbing a handfull of your big azz.

:help:

Mike.

PonyUP
06-26-2012, 03:57 PM
I'm just glad you didn't visit the Castle prior to lunch at Logan's then me grabbing a handfull of your big azz.

:help:

Mike.

Listen chief, if we grab castle on the way out of your place in a couple weeks, that will fuel the whole weekend. Much like the yellow sun gives superman his powers, the castle gives me mine

Pony seal of Approval