PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Mecury Montego

Petrograde
02-14-2004, 11:34 AM
I think i just found a replacement for my wife's aging H***a. Check this (http://motorsportsforum.com/contents/showthread.php?threadid=9290) out.

I hope the actual Montego looks like this!

Tom

TAF
02-14-2004, 12:00 PM
Unfortunately Tom...the drawing is better than the actual car IMHO.

http://warnerrobert.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f =10;t=002804

Petrograde
02-14-2004, 12:06 PM
...sigh...

Figures. Well,.. at least we know what a Montego would look like with a Trilogy body kit!

Well,.. depending on how they price it, I still may get it for the wife.

Tom

TAF
02-14-2004, 12:07 PM
The lower roof line in the artist's sketch looked nice...long, lean and mean.

Then it comes out as a rebadged Ford 500...:confused: :(

Petrograde
02-14-2004, 12:10 PM
Well,... if Mercury is trying to get back into the 'performance car' field,.. they're gonna have to do better than that! Like sticking to the concept as much as possible. :rolleyes:

Tom

TAF
02-14-2004, 12:13 PM
Well,... if Mercury is trying to get back into the 'performance car' field,.. they're gonna have to do better than that! Like sticking to the concept as much as possible. :rolleyes:

Tom
Mercury doesn't have a clue...same 'ol, same 'ol if you ask me.

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port_code=autow eek&cat_code=carnews&loc_code=index&content_code=05512497

Logan
02-14-2004, 12:31 PM
You guys DO realize this is a replacement for Sable right? It isn't intended to be anything other than that... Yeesh.

Petrograde
02-14-2004, 12:35 PM
You guys DO realize this is a replacement for Sable right? It isn't intended to be anything other than that... Yeesh.

Yes,.. I realize that. I'm not expecting Marauder-like performance, but I sure liked the look of the concept.

Tom

woaface
02-14-2004, 12:41 PM
...sigh...

Figures. Well,.. at least we know what a Montego would look like with a Trilogy body kit! That was the first thing that came to my mind! Hey, there can be people out there to make it something more. So Mercury has a tendency to not hit the nail on the head the first time...and then keep the nail half bent for 20 years. If there are enough people out there like you all here, something might happen. I think Mercury needs to do more than set itself apart from Ford, but set itself apart from the rest of the automotive industry. The inside is fantastic...but yeah, the outside just looks like a sable replacement.

UAW 588
02-14-2004, 02:14 PM

I just hope the damm thing sells. :bows: That would keep me working more overtime to pay for more goodies for my Marauder.

TAF
02-14-2004, 03:29 PM
Then it should "blow the doors off a Marauder"...

Beware of the Mighty New Sable:lol:

Chief
02-14-2004, 08:13 PM
The Montego is pretty nice. I understand it is going to start about 27,000 and will be about 32,000 fully loaded. The car is beautiful in person. If you went to the Chicago auto show you saw one. Great details to the car and it is well equipped. It's no Marauder though.

bigslim
02-14-2004, 08:32 PM
I think i just found a replacement for my wife's aging H***a. Check this (http://motorsportsforum.com/contents/showthread.php?threadid=9290) out.

I hope the actual Montego looks like this!

Tom
Some more pics:

bigslim
02-14-2004, 08:34 PM
It is Mercury's version of the Five Hundred. It too will only have a 200hp engine to lug around that weighty sedan. Also, it will be offered with front or all wheel drive.

junehhan
02-14-2004, 11:36 PM
Now that's a pretty neat looking car, but it's gonna need a LOT more than just 200hp if it's going to be competitive in the market.

UAW 588
02-15-2004, 07:01 AM
Now that's a pretty neat looking car, but it's gonna need a LOT more than just 200hp if it's going to be competitive in the market.

If Ford Motor Company is smart, and want to compete its Mercury brand with the high end imports, they could supercharge it. Hey, remember the first generation Taurus SHO; Ford didn't do such a bad job with that car. And the thing was know to be rather quick. But, what the hell do I know, I just another stupid consumer :argue: that happens to work for the company. My 2 cents.

the fat bastid
02-15-2004, 10:33 AM
i've never seen one car that was as cool looking as it was in it's artist's sketch.

Chief
02-15-2004, 11:12 AM
I dont know why Ford did this but in the fall of 2005 the Five Hundred, Freestyle, Montego, and the Mercury version of the Freestyle, will have a new engine. The new engine is called the Duratech 3.5 and it will have somewhere around 245 horsepower and 250 lb. ft. of torque.

The real difference with the Five Hundred and Montego are the transmissions. The 6-speed automatic and the CVT will make the 200 hp Duratec 3.0 feel stronger than it is because of the gearing.

I think they will do really well against the import cars.