PDA

View Full Version : Saudi 'drifter' sentenced to death by beheading

SC Cheesehead
06-28-2012, 05:50 AM
Dang!

That'll leave a mark...

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/06/27/saudi-drifter-sentenced-to-death-by-beheading/

Go2GuyFL
06-28-2012, 06:03 AM
Rex ... when I first read your headline, I thought "how outrageous". Now that I've read the story including "after killing two people while ‘drifting’ his car", it makes me wonder why we Americans don't ratchet public punishment up a few notches.

SC Cheesehead
06-28-2012, 06:20 AM
Rex ... when I first read your headline, I thought "how outrageous". Now that I've read the story including "after killing two people while ‘drifting’ his car", it makes me wonder why we Americans don't ratchet public punishment up a few notches.

Good point there, Mark. Public beheading prolly would take street racing down a notch...

But in all seriousness, there's something to be said for that.

BODYMAN
06-28-2012, 07:08 AM
Not that I agree with street racing but this is a little more extreme. I watched several other videos of these guys there flying down busy highways at around 65mph then suddenly turning the wheel 90* & spinning out in busy traffic. Would any of you guys do that?

Hack Goby
06-28-2012, 07:32 AM
Looks like someone getting into a Vic or Grand Marque and taking off when the cops show up.

Odinson
06-28-2012, 08:19 AM
Not that I agree with street racing but this is a little more extreme. I watched several other videos of these guys there flying down busy highways at around 65mph then suddenly turning the wheel 90* & spinning out in busy traffic. Would any of you guys do that?
+1
A little extra speed vs reckless endangerment.

CBT
06-28-2012, 09:44 AM

On purpose for no reason? Hell to the no.

BODYMAN
06-28-2012, 10:20 AM
On purpose for no reason? Hell to the no.

My point exactly guy's. Cant say beheading is the cure but something. Off course there jails probably arent overcrowded like some of us softie countrys & they dont have to pay to feed there criminals:beer:

Go2GuyFL
06-28-2012, 11:04 AM
Beheading is punishment in "treating fatalities caused by Hagwalah as negligent homicides". That's the real story. Not as much about drifting per se.

CBT
06-28-2012, 11:09 AM
Enough about that crap, we have REAL problems here.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/06/27/kate-upton-reportedly-booted-from-santa-monica-pier-for-showing-too-much-skin/?intcmp=obnetwork

Haggis
06-28-2012, 11:13 AM

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/06/27/kate-upton-reportedly-booted-from-santa-monica-pier-for-showing-too-much-skin/?intcmp=obnetwork

Damn, never at the right place at the right time.

martyo
06-28-2012, 11:17 AM

In my opinion she can not show too much skin!!!! :bows:

J-MAN
06-28-2012, 11:51 AM

Oh the inhumanity of it!

Ken
06-28-2012, 12:48 PM

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/06/27/kate-upton-reportedly-booted-from-santa-monica-pier-for-showing-too-much-skin/?intcmp=obnetwork Pics or it didn't happen!:D

SC Cheesehead
06-28-2012, 01:28 PM
Pics or it didn't happen!:D

That's what I'm thinking! :bounce:

Marauder_Santa
06-28-2012, 02:54 PM
I can imagine that the dry sand blowing on the road is a big contributor to their ability to "Drift" as much as they do.
I lived in Jeddah Saudi Arabia for 15 months (Feb 1999 - April 2000) and have very little to say positive about the place. My first day I experienced how rude most are. I was "on Line" at the money exchange at the airport and as soon as it was my turn a guy comes from nowhere and bellies up to the counter. The guy meeting me said that is the way things work here. I never let that happen again. There is no line or Queue in Saudi - every man for himself at the food counter. The one who screams the loudest or flashes the Riyals the fastest wins.
This type of driving was not popular in 2000, but they exhibited many other forms of reckless behavior, such as:
the popular driving on the shoulder and using it as a passing or even express lane.
Driving at night without lights and going a good 100MPH or more.
Using the sidewalk to pass or get ahead of the rest at the light
While sitting 4 or more cars back at the light, immediately lean on the horn the mile-second the light turns green (Light Green - No moving)
Parking behind you at the market (we had to lift the rear end of one car out of our way so we could leave, Luckily is was a compact)
You may have heard the Arabic term "EnShalla" = God Willing. The attitude is if God wants me dead I will die, so I don't plan, I don't use caution, I just do and if it is my time then God or Allah will take me. The whole country works this way.
I had to give 90 day’s notice when my contract was ending. I worked for Lockheed training the Saudi Air force. 90 days they knew I was leaving and never wanted to start the transition process except on day 89. Too late pal!

CBT
06-28-2012, 03:32 PM
I can imagine that the dry sand blowing on the road is a big contributor to their ability to "Drift" as much as they do.
I lived in Jeddah Saudi Arabia for 15 months (Feb 1999 - April 2000) and have very little to say positive about the place. My first day I experienced how rude most are. I was "on Line" at the money exchange at the airport and as soon as it was my turn a guy comes from nowhere and bellies up to the counter. The guy meeting me said that is the way things work here. I never let that happen again. There is no line or Queue in Saudi - every man for himself at the food counter. The one who screams the loudest or flashes the Riyals the fastest wins.
This type of driving was not popular in 2000, but they exhibited many other forms of reckless behavior, such as:
the popular driving on the shoulder and using it as a passing or even express lane.
Driving at night without lights and going a good 100MPH or more.
Using the sidewalk to pass or get ahead of the rest at the light
While sitting 4 or more cars back at the light, immediately lean on the horn the mile-second the light turns green (Light Green - No moving)
Parking behind you at the market (we had to lift the rear end of one car out of our way so we could leave, Luckily is was a compact)
You may have heard the Arabic term "EnShalla" = God Willing. The attitude is if God wants me dead I will die, so I don't plan, I don't use caution, I just do and if it is my time then God or Allah will take me. The whole country works this way.
I had to give 90 day’s notice when my contract was ending. I worked for Lockheed training the Saudi Air force. 90 days they knew I was leaving and never wanted to start the transition process except on day 89. Too late pal!

I'm the CBT, and I approve this message. :up:

BODYMAN
06-28-2012, 04:43 PM
I can only imagine how they are in there homeland. I repaired a few cars for them folks and each time was a experience to say the least. Heck one of them went into a 20min conversation about how what we see as a god is all wrong. My only response / Iam happy you feel that way but no matter how much you say my mind wont change.

BODYMAN
06-28-2012, 04:45 PM

Agreed! Now this is something we find important.

Bigdogjim
06-28-2012, 06:34 PM

Funny thing the American people will never ever stand still for an type of public punishment. Just a fact:)

Joe Walsh
06-28-2012, 06:37 PM
Heck....I see drivers doing that 'Hagwalah' crap every day on the Beltway!
They usually do it unintentionally while simultaneously drinking their coffee, reading the newspaper and texting at 70 mph...:shake:
If I could only pull them out of their cars and give them 100 lashes!

WhatsUpDOHC
06-28-2012, 06:40 PM
Dang!

That'll leave a mark...

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/06/27/saudi-drifter-sentenced-to-death-by-beheading/

How many virgins do you get when you take out your countrymen(women) while drifting?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

blkZooM
06-30-2012, 10:39 PM
Public beheading huh.. I understand what the man did was wrong but, isn't what they are about to do worst.. Hell if killing him is what the judge decided then fine but in the public? Ill never understand that side of the world nor do I want to, they just seem to be so inhumane

Guittard22
09-10-2012, 08:58 AM

To some people that's like a drug :/ it's the rush/high you get from pushing the limits to the extreme .

Just my 2-cents