PDA

View Full Version : Mission Accomplished - sortof

Vortex
06-28-2012, 11:36 AM
Well, My 1973 Project Van is pretty much done (unless I win the lottery!) Yesterday I finally got rid of the low rider wheels and splurged on new Cragar Wagon Wheels and BFG TAs so this am I had to go out and take a few pics before it got scroungy. Still stuff to do with weatherstripping and maybe someday I will paint it that Mystique Blue Flash color used on Cobalt SSs and HHRs but Im in no rush. Right now its a hippy van to take to the local hangouts and since Im leaving the interior empty I use it to haul my giant yellow Lab or sacks of mulch, junk to the dump, whatever. Its just a slant six and a one barrel with a Torqueflight but seems to run ok, though I wouldnt trust it out of Dallas County anytime soon. Have to say if anyone is looking for a cheap project that can be used for all sorts of stuff you may want to check out your local Craigslist. You can pick up all sorts of vans in the $1000-$1500 range. Nuff said.

Cheeseheadbob
06-28-2012, 12:01 PM
When that van is rockin', don't come knockin'! :D I like it!!! :pimp:

cj7chris
06-28-2012, 03:15 PM
Looks good. i noticed that the windows are down. No A/C?

That's rough in DFW in the summer. I'd have to mount a pair 12v oscillating fans somewhere if no A/C. It would fit with the van's hippie persona!

CBT
06-28-2012, 03:36 PM
The Bin of Sin! :beer:
I miss my old van.

Vortex
06-28-2012, 07:38 PM
No a/c, no fan, no radio, no defroster, no heater; its pretty bare. Actually, I dont mind. Its just a toy, my dd is still my Grand Marquis. It does get hot but since its never been out of Dallas County its not so bad!

efi4eye
06-29-2012, 06:43 AM
Really nice kidnapper van !

RacerX
06-29-2012, 06:44 AM
The Bin of Sin! :beer:
I miss my old van.
Didn't the judge order you to sell that??? :banana:

Really nice kidnapper van !
Just need to soundproof the interior!