PDA

View Full Version : New toy....maybe?

IwantmyMMnow!
06-28-2012, 12:30 PM
Last week I bid on a DD aftermarket head unit on Ebay...a Kenwood DNX9140. I won it for $406 + shipping; it arrived today. When I took it out of box it was shipped in (not original packaging) to look at it, I noticed two things right off. The top of the screen is not flush with the rest of the unit (see pics) and it doesn't seem to want to be...tried pushing on it to see if it would move, but it won't. Is the screen motorized and will only move if hooked up to a power source, or did I buy a defective HU? I also noticed there are not any RCA output jacks...am I SOL on running RCA cables to an amp/subwoofer setup?

I'm new to the DD/touchscreen HUs, so any help would be appreciated.

TIA....

IwantmyMMnow!
06-28-2012, 12:51 PM
Disregard the part about the screen not being flush...opened up the instruction manual and apparently it can be set to 7 different angles...still searching for info about RCA outputs...

Edit: found what I was looking for...this HU is more technilogically advanced than anything I've ever dealt with, so trying to remember how things looked/worked 10 years ago just doesn't cut it...lol....

CBT
06-28-2012, 03:34 PM
Hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete and re-boot it.

IwantmyMMnow!
06-28-2012, 04:39 PM
I will...right after I find the 'any' key...

Haggis
06-29-2012, 04:58 AM
if that does not work take it to the back yard, place it on something solid (like your head) and hit it with a 10# sledge.

IwantmyMMnow!
06-29-2012, 07:42 AM
Well, I think I got most of it figured out. Am tempted to try and install it now, but it's already 85* (on it's way to 96*) and I don't have any shade/cover to work under. I plan on tearing the car apart next weekend to install my sub & amp anyway, so will wait until then...just hope it's not gonna be as hot next weekend...

Haggis
06-29-2012, 07:52 AM
Well, I think I got most of it figured out. Am tempted to try and install it now, but it's already 85* (on it's way to 96*) and I don't have any shade/cover to work under. I plan on tearing the car apart next weekend to install my sub & amp anyway, so will wait until then...just hope it's not gonna be as hot next weekend...

You can come up and use my AC garage. Set at 78* right now.

BODYMAN
06-29-2012, 08:24 AM

Dont feel bad! I havent touched my car in days, 109 yesterday, gonna be 108 today. I knew I should have taken Zack up on his offer MM parts for a BNIB 220 a/c window unit for my shop urgh........