PDA

View Full Version : Total Loss?

sailsmen
06-30-2012, 10:27 AM
The non Marauder had front end damage from an accident.

I call the ins co to tell them where the vehicle will be to send their adj. They tell me no need to have it towed they will send someone to tow it and I don't even need to be there.
I say you don't understand I am having it towed to my body shop, send out your adjuster.
They say it's over 5 years old and over 100K miles. We will send our wrecker to tow it to our "field office". I say no you won't it's my car and you do not have permission to tow it anywhere.
They say oh but you will be hit with storage charges and it may take us 2 weeks to send somone out. I say you got 3 days at which point I am filing a complaint.
Good news they were out there the next day and paid for everything promptly.

The heads up is for our Marauders with front end damage they are all over 5 years and if over 100K they immediately deem salvage. They send out a salvage tow that drags your car via a winch and then unloads your car with a fork lift while it sits inn a salvage yard. At that point it is definatly a salvage car.:mad2:

Remember it's your car.

Roadwarrior
06-30-2012, 10:45 AM
Good advice salismen. It may explain why there are occasionally a lot of Marauders in the junkyards with salvage/repair titles. :depress:

Mike M
06-30-2012, 11:51 AM
Good for you, I'm sure they are not used to people ok with being pushed around.

Curless
06-30-2012, 12:21 PM
Nicely done, you have to stay on top of these slime balls or you will be taken advantage of.

WhatsUpDOHC
06-30-2012, 12:22 PM
Great advice.

Even greater advice that WE call the shots with an insurance company.

Thanks,

Mark

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

sailsmen
06-30-2012, 12:27 PM
They are not slime balls, just bureacratic, the person was reading from a script.

Shame on them for not having properly trained people. How hard would it be to have an electronic "blue book" matched to my file so when they look me up they see ohh car #1 is worth X?

Some idiot decided any car over 5 years old with over 100k miles and front end damage that cannot be driven is salvage.:rolleyes:

Marauderman
06-30-2012, 04:46 PM
So what happen?--Did I miss something?

guspech750
06-30-2012, 05:05 PM
Nice to know. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

Bobmiddle
07-02-2012, 05:53 PM
Yea we all have to remember the insurance co works for us... we pay them for their services.. but will try anything to save a buck$$$$$

IwantmyMMnow!
07-02-2012, 06:30 PM
So what happen?--Did I miss something?

Three SBs were sold in the last 24hrs...all had <50k miles, moonroofs, and went for $6000 apiece...

Thanks for the advice, sailsman....good to know! Mucho appreciado!