PDA

View Full Version : Snow in Texas?

Petrograde
02-14-2004, 05:37 PM
I woke up this morning and looked out the window, for a brief second I thought I was back in Cleveland!!! WTF?

You'll notice my Marauder stayed in the nice dry garage and the wife's car sat outside. :P :D

Logan
02-14-2004, 06:17 PM
I woke up this morning and looked out the window, for a brief second I thought I was back in Cleveland!!! WTF?

You'll notice my Marauder stayed in the nice dry garage and the wife's car sat outside. :P :D
Mine are more impressive. :)

jgc61sr2002
02-14-2004, 06:23 PM
The sun was out today nearly 40 degrees. Felt like summer. :D

Lowell
02-14-2004, 06:33 PM
Now the Texas group joins the snow belts Snow Panthers. Welcome to the club! Phil did see his shadow.

TAF
02-14-2004, 06:39 PM

Tom...I'm glad to see by your pics that you've got your priorities straight...

"No honey...MY car goes in the garage...yours...goes....goes out THERE!" :lol:

Logan
02-14-2004, 06:44 PM
All I can say is thank god it's over. It's all gone now. Let us never speak of snow in Dallas again.... :)

TripleTransAm
02-14-2004, 06:48 PM
I actually can see more than 50% of my MM's surface since we had some warm weather today for once (around 32F). Just a matter of days...

Petrograde
02-14-2004, 06:57 PM
Tom...I'm glad to see by your pics that you've got your priorities straight...

"No honey...MY car goes in the garage...yours...goes....goes out THERE!" :lol:

:lol: That basically was the conversation! hehe!

Tom

CRUZTAKER
02-14-2004, 08:33 PM
Good thing it wasn't on a monday morning, they'd a closed the schools and called it a calamity:D

It's been 4 weeks since the last ice storm and the ice in my driveway is finally down to 3 inches, I can almost see gravel under there!

bigslim
02-14-2004, 08:39 PM
All I can is "KEEP IT DOWN THERE PLEASE"! we get enough on our own.

stumpy
02-14-2004, 09:13 PM
It was actually quite nice today. A little cold still but partly cloudy skies and some sun. Supposed to be nice tomorrow, and the track will be open even though it's only supposed to get up to 30F.

cruzer
02-14-2004, 09:35 PM
Can't resist posting these--my street, my house and my car--all decked out in snow--Well, I guess winter is over--gotta make plans for Spring :up:

MapleLeafMerc
02-14-2004, 09:36 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, guys, but :lol: :lol::lol:

jfclancy
02-14-2004, 10:10 PM
Can't resist posting these--my street, my house and my car--all decked out in snow--Well, I guess winter is over--gotta make plans for Spring :up:
The differance with Texas Snow is that 2-5" this morning and its all but gone now !! Bring on the spring ready to BAR-B-Que WOOHOO, of course below freezing right now LOL

Joe Clancy

TripleTransAm
02-15-2004, 10:31 AM
Amateurs...

http://www.tripletransam.com/mm/winter2004/DSCF0181.jpg

the fat bastid
02-15-2004, 10:48 AM
Good thing it wasn't on a monday morning, they'd a closed the schools and called it a calamity:D

so i'm not the only one who pictures every one down there freaking out and crashing into each other and running for thier lives?

empty shelves at supermakets, candle sales spkie sharply.

"this is the day we've lived for! ready the plow!!!"

well...thats what i heard happened in Georgia when they got a light dusting once..

marauder307
02-15-2004, 11:39 AM
How come the STL gang hasn't weighed in on this? Our snow from about 3-4 weeks ago is only just starting to go away!

Finally got my car washed-waxed-detailed yesterday, the first in 2 weeks. Which means we'll have a blizzard in about,...oh....2-3 days. :rolleyes:

TripleTransAm
02-15-2004, 11:46 AM
so i'm not the only one who pictures every one down there freaking out and crashing into each other and running for thier lives?

It's during State emergencies like this that Fox Television Network gets its best footage...

"When Nature Take Revenge" or something similar... :lol:

LincMercLover
02-15-2004, 12:02 PM
How come the STL gang hasn't weighed in on this? Our snow from about 3-4 weeks ago is only just starting to go away!

Finally got my car washed-waxed-detailed yesterday, the first in 2 weeks. Which means we'll have a blizzard in about,...oh....2-3 days. :rolleyes:
Yah... They don't know... I had to slide out of my driveway with both the Lincoln and Marauder for about 2 weeks! Salt sold out everywhere, and I had to get out my coal shovel to break/shovel the ice. No rinky dink plastic or tin snow shovel woulda survived around here!

cyclone03
02-15-2004, 01:10 PM
Yea winter really sucked this year!
Almost 2" of snow on Saturday the 14th,It took almost tell 9am for it to melt so i could go out and roll the MM out of the garage and wash it in the harsh 50f sunshine!

Gawd winter sucks!!
What is it 67f now?Man i got to go out and Detail the interior!

marauder307
02-15-2004, 04:01 PM
Yah... They don't know... I had to slide out of my driveway with both the Lincoln and Marauder for about 2 weeks! Salt sold out everywhere, and I had to get out my coal shovel to break/shovel the ice. No rinky dink plastic or tin snow shovel woulda survived around here!

Not to mention the snow mountains by the side of the road from the plows. Those doggoned things'll be here until about June.

Even worse: here in Missouri I've discovered a local phenomena---the magically opening pothole. Overnight on I-55, we can get 2 ft deep potholes that just sorta come out of nowhere...so much for my alignment. They've even got a "pothole hotline" with MO-DOT that you can call and the road crews will come out and tamp some new asphalt into the spot. Of course, the rest of the road may be concrete, not asphalt...but that's okay! We'll just put it in anyway...

Never had to deal with this in Daytona.

I've applied for a gov't subcontractor job in Key West....come on Key West....! :depress:

Petrograde
02-15-2004, 07:55 PM
Yea winter really sucked this year!
Almost 2" of snow on Saturday the 14th,It took almost tell 9am for it to melt so i could go out and roll the MM out of the garage and wash it in the harsh 50f sunshine!

Gawd winter sucks!!
What is it 67f now?Man i got to go out and Detail the interior!

LOL Cyclone!!! Yup,... I was Zaino'ing my Marauder today, started with a sweatshirt on,.. but, it had to go!

It's amazing how the weather can change so much here in just 24 hours!

Tom

Bigdogjim
02-15-2004, 08:29 PM
All I can say is thank god it's over. It's all gone now. Let us never speak of snow in Dallas again.... :)Well Logan i guess the TastyCakes are better:lol:

just for the record I had nothing to do with this:P

By the way never, never eat the yellow snow:beer:

DHULK
02-16-2004, 08:49 AM
Amateurs...

http://www.tripletransam.com/mm/winter2004/DSCF0181.jpg
I DON`T KNOW WHAT`S THE BIG DEAL , I`VE BEEN GETTING UP EVERY MORNING FOR THE LAST TWO MONTHS WITH SNOW ON THE GROUND AND I HAVEN`T FELT THE NEED TO TAKE ANY PICTURES :lol: