PDA

View Full Version : marauder Service Manual Repair books.

Panther
07-04-2012, 04:29 PM
Are there any books out there were if I need to read up on how todo something to the MM04 I could just look it up.

SC Cheesehead
07-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Are there any books out there were if I need to read up on how todo something to the MM04 I could just look it up.

Lorie and Jeff are an excellent used manual source, and happen to have a set of Ford Shop Manuals available right now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Ford-Crown-Victoria-Factory-Shop-Service-Manual-Wiring-Diagrams-/271000938194?pt=Motors_Manuals _Literature&vxp=mtr&hash=item3f18ea26d2

Great price; IIRC, I paid more than that for mine through them a couple years ago.

vkirkend
07-05-2012, 06:01 AM
This may sound like a dumb question but is this basically the same as the Marauder?

RubberCtyRauder
07-05-2012, 06:13 AM
Yes, there is 4v sections under the engine category. I bought my manuals from the link Rex, supplied. There is no "Marauder only specific" manual.

Roadwarrior
07-05-2012, 06:14 AM
This may sound like a dumb question but is this basically the same as the Marauder?
The Ford shop manuals for the Crown Victoria/Grand Marquis covers the Marauder when applicable.[i.e. engine & other MM specific items.] All the other available service manuals available other than the factory shop manual (Haynes/Chilton etc.) does not include the Marauder. The factory service manual is definitely on my "must have" list.

SC Cheesehead
07-05-2012, 07:19 AM

Not a dumb question at all, V. The Ford Service Manuals for the Panther platforms cover the CV, GM, and MM. There are common sections for various repairs and diagnostics that relate to all three models and specific Marauder sections that cover DOHC engine specifics as well as any other Marauder-only sections.

Panther
07-05-2012, 07:24 AM
Great thanks for the info. I will look into this. On ebay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Panther

Ozark Marauder
07-05-2012, 07:26 AM
Lorie and Jeff are an excellent used manual source, and happen to have a set of Ford Shop Manuals available right now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Ford-Crown-Victoria-Factory-Shop-Service-Manual-Wiring-Diagrams-/271000938194?pt=Motors_Manuals _Literature&vxp=mtr&hash=item3f18ea26d2

Great price; IIRC, I paid more than that for mine through them a couple years ago.

That seems like a very fair price.

OZ

ctrlraven
07-05-2012, 10:48 AM
There is a Service Repair shop manual and also a Wiring Diagram book for both years, try to get both if you can. I found mine (green cover for 2004) for somewhere around $60-75 I believe shipped. They have a wealth of good knowledge in them and have helped me out a lot.

SC Cheesehead
07-05-2012, 12:47 PM
There is a Service Repair shop manual and also a Wiring Diagram book for both years, try to get both if you can. I found mine (green cover for 2004) for somewhere around $60-75 I believe shipped. They have a wealth of good knowledge in them and have helped me out a lot.

Yup, same here; I think I paid around $75 or so for the two manuals.

justbob
07-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Another route would be Alldata.com. I have a five year subscription on mine. Has never let me down yet.

Sent from my Ally while ruling the world from my toilet.

RF Overlord
07-05-2012, 04:25 PM
Damn, that IS a good price for the factory manuals.

I paid $137 for just the Workshop Manual from HELM Inc (official publisher) back around '05 or so. Luckily, Phoebe came with the Wiring Manual when we bought her. I have gotten WAY more than my money's worth over the years.