PDA

View Full Version : Ways to avoid speeding tickets

slickster
07-05-2012, 06:39 PM
Thank me later. http://www.radardetector.net/forums/driving-speeding-traffic/78782-ways-other-than-counter-measures-protect-yourself-against-ticket.html

Mebot
07-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Radar detectors are illegal in VA however I have my ways of detecting LEOs. The obvious is looking at taillights ahead of me & seeing if any unexpected brake lights come on.

Also I think like most people on this forum I am constantly on the lookout for other Marauders when I'm driving (whether I'm in my MM or not), which means I have a keen eye for crown vics & grand marquis'. I can usually spot LEO from afar

Sent from my Samsung Droid Charge

slickster
07-05-2012, 06:47 PM
Radar detectors are illegal in VA however I have my ways of detecting LEOs. The obvious is looking at taillights ahead of me & seeing if any unexpected brake lights come on.

Also I think like most people on this forum I am constantly on the lookout for other Marauders when I'm driving (whether I'm in my MM or not), which means I have a keen eye for crown vics & grand marquis'. I can usually spot LEO from afar

Sent from my Samsung Droid Charge

You can get a bel sti there undetectable buy radar detector detectors. Yea it came to a point where I can spot crown Vic and charger headlight at night from way back behind me

tallpaul
07-05-2012, 07:01 PM
You can get a bel sti there undetectable buy radar detector detectors. Yea it came to a point where I can spot crown Vic and charger headlight at night from way back behind me

What is a bel sti?

fastblackmerc
07-05-2012, 07:01 PM

I VA the favorite way to catch someone with a detector is the LEO travels behind a group of cars and hits his radar, he who hits his brakes loses,, gets a ticket and detector confiscated.

I just take my detector and put it in the trunk.

fastblackmerc
07-05-2012, 07:03 PM
The best way to not get a speeding ticket is to do the speed limit.

I do alot of driving and as long as you keep it 8 - 9 miles above the speed limit most LEOs won't stop you.

slickster
07-05-2012, 07:19 PM
What is a bel sti?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAYmbd9bLoE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

slickster
07-05-2012, 07:22 PM
I VA the favorite way to catch someone with a detector is the LEO travels behind a group of cars and hits his radar, he who hits his brakes loses,, gets a ticket and detector confiscated.

I just take my detector and put it in the trunk.

Yea there's a art to useing a rd. You can't just plug it in and floor it

gdsqdcr
07-05-2012, 07:27 PM
The best way to not get a speeding ticket is to do the speed limit.

I do alot of driving and as long as you keep it 8 - 9 miles above the speed limit most LEOs won't stop you.

Except in Utah! I got tagged by a local Sherrif in his F150 crew can for doing 70 in a 65. I was in my truck, with my family and not in hurry, so yes it really was only 70.

Juice
07-05-2012, 07:43 PM
Unless I am missing something, there are only a few posts in that thread, and none of them terribly insightful. Most of what they said is common sense. I commonly use a rabbit, but sometimes I am the rabbit, I can't help it haha.

slickster
07-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Unless I am missing something, there are only a few posts in that thread, and none of them terribly insightful. Most of what they said is common sense. I commonly use a rabbit, but sometimes I am the rabbit, I can't help it haha.

You can hire chuck noris to be your traffic lawyer. Other then that I can't help you

Horsepower
07-05-2012, 08:03 PM
Stop speeding lol

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?sjhlnc

GAMike
07-05-2012, 10:33 PM
Have not used a radar detector for years......A good one would have definatley paid for itself by now:o. Nowadays the "rabbit" philosophy works pretty well in the ATL. Seems there is always someone in more of a hurry than I am.

The secret is using someone as a rabbit who is actually paying attention to the road vs. multi tasking behind the wheel.... That way he does not miss sumtin, and the po po gets a 2fer:rolleyes:

Also never use a woman as a rabbit...... They are almost always multi tasking or just not paying attention/being on the lookout for this sort of thing like men do.....

Sorry ladies. but thats the truth:eek: And ya know it:D

Siege
07-06-2012, 05:48 AM
I've had very good luck with the Waze app on my phone. Other commuters will report traffic jams, road hazards and speed traps.

Of course it's only as good as the number of people that use it so its effectiveness may vary based on your commute.

Ms. Denmark
07-06-2012, 06:03 AM
Also never use a woman as a rabbit...... They are almost always multi tasking or just not paying attention/being on the lookout for this sort of thing like men do.....

Sorry ladies. but thats the truth:eek: And ya know it:D I don't do any multi-tasking, but you might be right about not necessarily being on the look out. Love a spirited drive to work at 6 am and the chips will fall where they fall. No RD. I run with a rabbit or I am the rabbit. I ride in the left lane and stay with the guy a head of me, don't change lanes as a rule. That said, I've never gotten a speeding ticket.:coolman:

GAMike
07-06-2012, 07:50 AM
I've never gotten a speeding ticket.:coolman:

Better knock on wood:lol: Speeding tickets are nuthin to brag about... Up in smoke $$$ for sure, but that said, alot of the tickets I have gotten have been after years of clean driving.... Speeders(of which I am one:o) let their guard down after a while thinking "I've got this down to a science". Then BAMM!!!:help: Get spanked but good.....

Got to remind yourself not to get to big for yer britches and think ya got a system that is failsafe........ The bogey is always moving:burnout:

IwantmyMMnow!
07-06-2012, 08:17 AM
I got two speeding tix and 2 warnings during the first 5 years of owning a DL...have received 1 warning over the past 20 years...and that was over 10 years ago. The ramifications of getting a speeding ticket (points on record, $150+ out of pocket) isn't worth getting from point A to point B a minute or two quicker in my mind...plus, if you get into an accident and it is determined that you were speeding...:bigcry: :alone: :flamer:

Ms. Denmark
07-06-2012, 08:30 AM
Better knock on wood:lol: Speeding tickets are nuthin to brag about... Up in smoke $$$ for sure, but that said, alot of the tickets I have gotten have been after years of clean driving.... Speeders(of which I am one:o) let their guard down after a while thinking "I've got this down to a science". Then BAMM!!!:help: Get spanked but good.....

Got to remind yourself not to get to big for yer britches and think ya got a system that is failsafe........ The bogey is always moving:burnout:
You're right and I agree!

Marauderman
07-06-2012, 08:38 AM
Here in NC, if your in the in the in fast lane and a trooper sees you and you don't pull right your gonna get pulled over for blocking the passing lane regardless of your speed at the time. They will tell you it's for passing only among a few other comments .

Juice
07-06-2012, 09:57 AM
I got two speeding tix and 2 warnings during the first 5 years of owning a DL...have received 1 warning over the past 20 years...and that was over 10 years ago. The ramifications of getting a speeding ticket (points on record, $150+ out of pocket) isn't worth getting from point A to point B a minute or two quicker in my mind...plus, if you get into an accident and it is determined that you were speeding...:bigcry: :alone: :flamer:

I don't like that argument. I'm never in a hurry, I always allow enough time to get where I need to go. I just like to drive fast. :)

Odinson
07-06-2012, 09:58 AM
Long Island Expressway was designed after the autobahn. Long, straight, flat, over-designed. The speed limit is of course 55. What else would it be on the autobahn. Traffic moves at 70 and quite a few at 75.

If you usually obey the speed limit in the left two lanes, pretty good shot you're going to get hit.

Even the carpool lane moves at 65+ with beeping and finger gestures to indicate slower speeds.

Good luck obeying the law here. Nice knowing you.

blackwater1311
07-06-2012, 10:42 AM
When they run my tags they back offf !!! :-)

IwantmyMMnow!
07-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Here in NC, if your in the in the in fast lane and a trooper sees you and you don't pull right your gonna get pulled over for blocking the passing lane regardless of your speed at the time. They will tell you it's for passing only among a few other comments .

Brain cramp, Tom? :lol:

Haggis
07-06-2012, 11:30 AM

Maybe he had a stutter.

IwantmyMMnow!
07-06-2012, 01:50 PM
I like to pretend I'm an ear of corn and slather myself in butter.

***Fyxed***

Marauderman
07-06-2012, 01:57 PM

Maybe he had a stutter.

It's tts up when no onehis new laptop keyboard I tell ya!!--Only acts up when no one else around to see act crazy---or maybe it's earily friday :beer:no its the keys after re-reaingd--or for get it

IwantmyMMnow!
07-06-2012, 03:09 PM
It's tts up when no onehis new laptop keyboard I tell ya!!--Only acts up when no one else around to see act crazy---or maybe it's earily friday :beer:no its the keys after re-reaingd--or for get it

Yep, just as I thought...it's early Friday :beer::loco::puke:

breeze
07-06-2012, 04:50 PM
Yea I'm VERY observation. I look hundreds to thousands of feet ahead when I gets it. I see damn near all mm, vics, Marquises, chargers and Impala. I look at trucks from time to time too. I look for the lights antennas and read tags.

Bigdogjim
07-06-2012, 06:02 PM
IF you hold a "CLD" then rack up tickets in your car you loose you job at some point in time. I have seen it happen. All the Company's check DL's each year and drivers must sign a form detailing tickets and accident.

So as much as I would really like to "drop the hammer" I just think how much it suck to going looking for a job:)