PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with a Ford Taurus SES

Guittard22
07-09-2012, 12:04 PM
My girl is looking for her first car and really likes the color of this one . She has 4,000 to buy a car and would like to hear from the members pros/cons on this car . What to look for ? Asking price is 3500 firm would this be a good price or no ?

Here is the info on the car

2003 Ford Taurus SES, Appx 87K miles, clean Interior and Exterior, Runs well. Has PWR everything, CD player, AC etc... Adult Owned. Priced below book value

Thanks guys

SID210SA
07-09-2012, 12:22 PM
I had an 01 SES.....loved it....the only con I could really think of was if you put too much weight in it....ie...passengers. the rear would look like it was sitting on the ground....other than that I had no issues and ran like a top....had it for 2 years with no problems.

SC Cheesehead
07-09-2012, 12:29 PM
We had a '96 SEL Taurus and a '97 LX Sable, my son had a '97 SHO Taurus.

Both our cars had the DOHC V6, E-Dubb had the small V8.

All were excellent vehicles.

SpartaPerformance
07-09-2012, 03:44 PM
What engine? If it's the 3.0L OHV check the coolant, those motors are know to rot from the inside out.

Mike M
07-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Overall good....

Motor mounts go bad quite a bit
Heater hose assemblys
Water pump plastic impellers
Transmissions can be problematic

If you buy one, flush the coolant and change trans fluid right away.

I've had quite a few and overall I like them.

Guittard22
07-09-2012, 04:44 PM
What engine? If it's the 3.0L OHV check the coolant, those motors are know to rot from the inside out.

It's the 3.0 v6 motor and the car is an 02 not 03 . Guy was very nice pointed out a rust spot And a few other scratches on the car . .

I checked the tires looks like I need new ones next year or so used the penny trick, trans was a very nice pink color . Has 87k on it Ac just got flushed Passed inspection .

Not so good ?
The check engine light was on says that it's a bad
Gas Tank Baffles So you have to keep an eye out on your gauge . Paint was a maco paint job :/

Stay away or buy a carfax Tonight and offer him 3k for it