PDA

View Full Version : See, Philly isn't all That Bad: Man finds Philly stolen car 42 years later on eBay

WhatsUpDOHC
07-11-2012, 01:10 PM
Cool story:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/local/20120711_Man_finds_Philly_stol en_car_42_years_later_on_eBay. html

Now, if I could only find my '70 340 Cuda that was stolen in 1981!

Mark

Curless
07-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Holy crap! That was a long time....you know what sucks...the fact that the guys IN Cali had no idea and they took a bad hit having to let go of the car.

SID210SA
07-12-2012, 05:16 AM
What I dont get is the dealer that had it, after being informed by the rightful owner that the car they were selling was stolen, said well, we'll sell it back to you for 24k!

So does the dealer now go after the person that they got it from???

Curless
07-12-2012, 05:39 AM
What I dont get is the dealer that had it, after being informed by the rightful owner that the car they were selling was stolen, said well, we'll sell it back to you for 24k!

So does the dealer now go after the person that they got it from???

Its actually going to be a big mess for them. Truthfully someone, somewhere in the line of people that owned the car is going to have to answer for the theft...I know if I was the current dealer I would want to find the guy I bought it from to get my $$ back.... the fact that they gave the car back to original owner already says something though...they may have already got the thief... I would think that the police would hang on to it as evidence until they caught somebody....

k9t8m
07-13-2012, 05:05 AM
wow great story