PDA

View Full Version : Batman shooting denver

Guittard22
07-20-2012, 09:18 PM
I did not see a post on the batman shooting in denver and I am sorry if there is a post about the events that happen last night. On the showing of the new batman movie there was a shooting at the movies . It's sad that we will now have in the back of our minds is it safe to go to the movies :/ the report is found on this link I put below .

http://rt.com/usa/news/colorado-shooting-gunman-identified-aurora-batman-685/

Any thoughts guys ?

IwantmyMMnow!
07-20-2012, 09:46 PM
It's not just at the movies, my friend. You can go anywhere while running a simple errand or two and have this happen. Simply a case of 'wrong place, wrong time' and you can't do much about it unless you stay home 24/7/365.

Many years ago I was driving by a McDonalds while taking care of some errands and saw two thugs come out of it, one blasting a shotgun as they were running away...I was close enough to see that one was were wearing a black bandana with a white design and the other one was wearing a blue one...

marauder21
07-21-2012, 01:57 AM
It's not just at the movies, my friend. You can go anywhere while running a simple errand or two and have this happen. Simply a case of 'wrong place, wrong time' and you can't do much about it unless you stay home 24/7/365.

Many years ago I was driving by a McDonalds while taking care of some errands and saw two thugs come out of it, one blasting a shotgun as they were running away...I was close enough to see that one was were wearing a black bandana with a white design and the other one was wearing a blue one...

Oh Dam:eek: and what happened?? Did they catch them??

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Juice
07-21-2012, 02:47 AM
I was definitely packing heat when I went and saw the movie, as was another friend that went along. It would have been a bad day for anyone thinking of shooting up the theater we were in.

Ozark Marauder
07-21-2012, 05:27 AM
Lot of sick people out there......:(

Mental disorders are common in the United States. An estimated 26.2 percent of Americans ages 18 and older or about one in four adults suffer from a diagnosable mental disorder in any given year. When applied to the U.S. Census residential population estimate for ages 18 and older, this figure translates to 57.7 million people! .....:eek:

OZ

Spectragod
07-21-2012, 05:29 AM
A lot of thoughts go through my mind seeing all of that unfold.

First, we should always be prepared for the unthinkable to happen, when I go to a restaurant, service facility, mall etc., I generally have a "plan" in my mind, just in case, escape route, what my back drop will be. Taking someone's life is the last option, sometimes it is the only option though.

I have seen a lot of posts about what "people would have done" if they were there, really? I'll clue you in, once the bullet leaves, you can't take it back, and it will change your life forever, whether it was the right thing to do or not. Second, it's a lot different than shooting at targets that are shooting at you, as opposed to paper targets.

I was in a bank around 19 years age, the guy 3 behind me in line says" I have a gun and this is a robbery", life changing for both of us that day, I'm still here.

Pray for those in Colorado, for the victims and the family's of those no longer with use.

rayjay
07-21-2012, 08:14 PM
Prayers for the victims of this sociopath. Active Shooter/CQB was one of my specialties:instructor for about the last 10 years I was OTJ. The act in Aurora was a textbook scenario, planned out over a period of time. I'm sure it will come to light that someone could have dropped a dime on this guy and didn't.

I go nowhere unarmed, haven't since 9/11.