PDA

View Full Version : New Marauder.

Panther
07-20-2012, 09:39 PM
Could there and would there ever be a new Marauder car.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk PNTHR

TAKEDOWN
07-20-2012, 10:29 PM
I doubt it but you never know. Hmmmmm... FORD MARAUDER!

Chi Stallion
07-21-2012, 12:30 AM
Its not gona happen anytime soon or overnight. Bringing a car back like this is gona take a lot of marketing skills and higher officials at Ford to risk steppin it up making it happen again. They didnt succeed the first time, and I kinda got a feeling Ford knew when this car was comin out, that it was gona be a throwback and they werent gona offer it for long.

Just ask Steve Babcock when he cursed Elena Ford out when she told him she was discontinuing the Marauder.

SC Cheesehead
07-21-2012, 05:53 AM
Two things wold have to happen first before that couldever happen:

1. They'd have to resurrect the Mercury brand.

2. Ford would have to fire Elena Ford.

jerrym3
07-21-2012, 05:56 AM
Never happen, and if it did, you wouldn't recognize the end result as a Marauder.

Ozark Marauder
07-21-2012, 06:04 AM
I doubt it but you never know. Hmmmmm... FORD MARAUDER!

Special Edition Rousch Taurus SHO...think that's possible, but the Marauder nameplate should end with our cars...I hope.

OZ

Shaijack
07-21-2012, 10:18 AM
We need to do a goup buy of FORD and bring Marauders back. Who's in??????

Curless
07-21-2012, 11:48 AM
How about bringing back the Galaxie 500??? Maybe a Galaxie 5.0???

DOOM
07-21-2012, 11:55 AM
No!!!!!!!!!

Go2GuyFL
07-21-2012, 12:21 PM
According to Babcock, Mercury was marketing to women while the EPA was demanding higher fuel economy. The finance guy overestimated retooling the production line at $10M. While only 11,052 Marauders were assembled, there were 25k engines made ... Some going into Aviator and Mark VIII.

What is the demand today for a domestic made five seatbelt rear-wheel sedan?

I find the Marauder attractive especially now that it is cheap to insure (rates not much higher than CV or GM) with a 5-star safety rating. I'll take my chances at the pump and insurance company rather than bank financing coupled with repairs.

DWSTANG67
07-21-2012, 05:30 PM
Ford could do it but the way cars are going i dont think you will ever see it

They tried with the ford interceptor concept but never built it see attachment

It would be a car i would buy I got the chance to see it and sit in it at carlise 2008.

here a link to a page about it
http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-interceptor-concept.html

TAKEDOWN
07-21-2012, 09:03 PM
Special Edition Rousch Taurus SHO...think that's possible, but the Marauder nameplate should end with our cars...I hope.

OZ

FORD in front of MARAUDER just doesn't sound right.

I agree... Long live the MERCURY MARAUDER and I'm glad I own one!

TFB
07-21-2012, 09:37 PM
According to Babcock, Mercury was marketing to women while the EPA was demanding higher fuel economy. The finance guy overestimated retooling the production line at $10M. While only 11,052 Marauders were assembled, there were 25k engines made ... Some going into Aviator and Mark VIII.

What is the demand today for a domestic made five seatbelt rear-wheel sedan?

I find the Marauder attractive especially now that it is cheap to insure (rates not much higher than CV or GM) with a 5-star safety rating. I'll take my chances at the pump and insurance company rather than bank financing coupled with repairs.

What's the MK-VIII got to do with a Marauder? They had been out of production almost four years prior to the first Marauders hitting the dealers showrooms, plus there are significant differences internally...

JOEMERC
07-22-2012, 07:25 AM
I agree the Marauder name is dead I think and if Ford made it would probably be some front wheel drive on the Focus platform or something.wish they made our cars longer than 2 years, glad I bought one. Love these cars !

fastblackmerc
07-22-2012, 07:29 AM
I would buy an Interceptor.......

PRCARGUY
07-22-2012, 07:30 AM
How about bringing back the Galaxie 500??? Maybe a Galaxie 5.0???
I'll go for one. I wish I find photos of my farther's 65' Galaxie 500XL. What a fun car that was! :burn:

slickster
07-22-2012, 07:35 AM
88% never.........