PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Focus review

Bradley G
07-21-2012, 10:43 PM
Ruby has a little over 5000 miles on her now and I just rotated the tires and gave her a wax job.
I can't say enough about this little gem, yesterday I took her to fill up (no gas cap):) this past fuel stop provided a full 35+ MPG going just ove 324 miles on 9.199 gallons of 87 all rural no highway.
Fun to dive, looks awesome, comfortable, great media features!
I still take the Marauder when both are avaliable:)

Ms. Denmark
07-22-2012, 07:10 AM
Good to hear! Have been considering a Ford (or Chevy) commuter car like the Focus, Fusion or Cruz as a DD. Took a look at our local dealership but haven't driven either Ford yet. (I drove a rental Cruz for a couple weeks last summer and really liked it.) Thanks for the review.

Bradley G
07-22-2012, 09:01 AM
I think the Cruze is a little bigger than the Focus.the Focus is deffinatly worth a good look.
If it were my money, I like the 2013 FUSION BUT Mrs. Bradley G would not consider a 2013 for she claimed it would be bad luck.

Good to hear! Have been considering a Ford (or Chevy) commuter car like the Focus, Fusion or Cruz as a DD. Took a look at our local dealership but haven't driven either Ford yet. (I drove a rental Cruz for a couple weeks last summer and really liked it.) Thanks for the review.

Vortex
07-23-2012, 06:38 AM
There are just so many nice small cars now. Even though Ive been tempted by other stuff (I tested a new vette last week) my next car will almost for sure be a small one. I like the Cruze too but would also recommend checking out the new Dodge Dart. Its basically a modified Alfa Romeo design.

Ms. Denmark
07-23-2012, 07:04 AM
There are just so many nice small cars now. Even though Ive been tempted by other stuff (I tested a new vette last week) my next car will almost for sure be a small one. I like the Cruze too but would also recommend checking out the new Dodge Dart. Its basically a modified Alfa Romeo design. Funny you say that! Eric just said the same thing to me. Guess I'll be looking at a Dart, too. You are right...there are a lot of nice small cars to pick from.

rayjay
07-23-2012, 08:56 AM
If I had not needed something larger, the Focus would have been my 1st choice. Our Sorrento is averaging 24.5MPG , mostly rural also. Not bad for a vehicle the size of a Explorer. My DTR just kinda sits covered in the side yard now. 93 is $4+ again here....

Traffic22
07-23-2012, 09:03 AM
Focus RS comes out later this year, 270 HP and 35 miles to the gallon...might be worth a look.

I had a Mazda Speed 3 when Ford and Mazda had just parted ways (car had a bunch of Ford parts on it still) great car. Fast and 30 MPG consistently. Lots of torque steer.

jerrym3
07-23-2012, 10:25 AM
It's amazing how being retired cuts down on your driving. My last three jobs had daily round trip mileage commutes of 50 (10 years), 75 (17 years), and 80 (1.5 years).

I never wanted an SUV, but I recently bought a used 2010 Explorer to do "run around town" trips.

I filled the gas gobbler up on July 4th, and I still have well over 1/2 tank.

My 2004 LS has 45,000 miles, my Explorer has 23,000 miles, and my 2003 TBird has 21,000 miles.

So (unfortunately), I probably have purchased my last car.

(My 64 Galaxie has 215,000 miles, but that's a whole different issue.)