PDA

View Full Version : Home from Speedweeks

2003_MM_FYRE49
02-17-2004, 12:46 AM
I just got home from Florida, and Speedweeks 2004. Got the chance to run up to Orange Park last Tuesday, meet Dennis, and spend just a couple of dollars ;) at his shop. While I was there I also got the chance to meet Flesher too. He was getting some mods done on his vehicle.

All in all the weather was great except for Saturday which washed out the Busch Race, but that was ok cuz I got to go to dinner with Sterling Marlin's crew instead.

I have to say to anyone who is planning to travel to the Orlando area beware, the traffic is insane. I got pulled over for doing 75 in a 50 zone. Thank God she gave me a professional courtesy pass otherwise that coupon would have cost me 140 bucks. Every year that I go there the traffic gets worse and so do the drivers. Looks like its time to pick up stakes and find another spot to stay in for Speedweeks in the future. Orlando has outgrown itself, and does not have the roadway to handle the influx of people.

While I was there I had a 2004 Cadillac DeVille to drive. That was a pretty sweet ride :up: . I loved the XM radio, I'll have mine purchaed before the end of the week for the Black Widow. Also it had something I hadn't heard of before...seat coolers, not heaters, but coolers. That is the most ingenious thing I've ever seen. I'd like to know if they can be installed on our cars. If anyone has any info on it let me know.

TAF
02-17-2004, 05:36 AM
Sounds like a good time...and you got to see some GREAT racing.

Seat coolers are VERY cool (pun intended)...Ford has them on the Lincoln LS, I know of and they are a very nice option. Marty says he would retrofit his Marauder for it...but it makes the hair up and down his back lose its...."body"...:lol:

Silver_04
02-17-2004, 09:40 AM
Some of those Caddy's massage the back too.

Haggis
02-17-2004, 10:30 AM
...Also it had something I hadn't heard of before...seat coolers, not heaters, but coolers. That is the most ingenious thing I've ever seen. I'd like to know if they can be installed on our cars. If anyone has any info on it let me know.

They are also being advertised for the Mercury mini-van. What is it called?