PDA

View Full Version : Entrepreneur Step inside

CWright
08-01-2012, 07:42 PM
After these comments af couple of weeks back!

Obama:
“If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help," the president said at a campaign stop last month in Roanoke, Va.. "There was a great teacher somewhere in your life," he continued. "Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen

Really Mr. President?

I stand with this guy!

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Obama_Sign.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:;)

"I built this business without gov't help"
Obama can kiss my A$$!

LMAO!!!!!!!
http://nation.foxnews.com/barack-obama/2012/08/01/georgia-lumberyard-owner-hammers-obama-you-didnt-build

tallpaul
08-01-2012, 07:50 PM
I'd like to shake his hand.

MrBluGruv
08-01-2012, 08:11 PM
There's a cigar shop in Seguin, Tx (not too far from me) that puts up political stuff like that on their signage. It never disappoints. :)

MyBlackBeasts
08-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Love it! :banana:

We elected a president that is not only an evil sob but he is also a colossal ass!!!:mad2:

martyo
08-02-2012, 04:58 AM
Werd.

sailsmen
08-02-2012, 08:05 AM
President Obama believes in Global Social Justice through Global Wealth Redistribution. He believes that those who have wealth took it unfairly.

His goal is to make things fair through Wealth Redistribution until there is complete financial collapse resulting in all the wealth being removed from those who have it.

To obtain his goal he must first separate us into groups. Then some groups will be granted more rights than other groups.
He will encourage different groups to apply and recieve their maximum "benefits" from the Gov't. This is a means of redistributing wealth for only the wealthy pay the Nations Debt.

guspech750
08-02-2012, 11:10 AM
I hope he chokes on a chicken bone and never takes another breath while all his supporters rush to his aid, trip and all break their necks. Sweep them all into a trash compactor and blast them into space.

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

CWright
08-02-2012, 11:18 AM
I hope he chokes on a chicken bone and never takes another breath while all his supporters rush to his aid, trip and all break their necks. Sweep them all into a trash compactor and blast them into space.

Sent from my iPhone

Tell us how you really feel! :D

BODYMAN
08-02-2012, 11:42 AM
My question since he was elected is WHO voted for this guy????? I know of not one person who has said I voted for him, there again who will admit it.

Sailsmen his right on the money with what he said. They dont want a middleclass they want most people to rely on them it's are part of Global Wealth Redistribution. The middle class scares these people. Also the UN There all in this with mr nut sack. Everything they want to do/outlaw is all part of a larger agenda. Like how the **** can someone (UN) say what we should do. They want guns banned & rounded up to them we are a rouge country that cant be controlled until we are poor & no means to fight back. UN's dream would be a global society with 90% in poverty & controlled by the few wealthy.

sailsmen
08-02-2012, 12:30 PM
When people speak of the UN remember this - of 149 Nations with a population over 2.5mm only 37 are a free democracy. 112 Nations are lead by despots who want our destruction for our very existance threatens theirs.

Bradley G
08-02-2012, 05:46 PM
no lumber yard business can flourish without railroad, Paved roads and bridges .Unless the lumberyard funded that too!:flamer:

sailsmen
08-02-2012, 05:51 PM
No business no jobs no tax no Government. Government cannot do anything with out first taking something from someonelse.

sailsmen
08-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Per The Examiner - "...According to the White House Office of Management and Budget, less than 2 percent of all federal spending went to “ground transportation” in 2012 which includes not just spending highways, but subsidies for Amtrak and Obama’s high-speed rail plans as well."

tbone
08-02-2012, 06:46 PM
no lumber yard business can flourish without railroad, Paved roads and bridges .Unless the lumberyard funded that too!:flamer:

No entrepreneurs, no rich people, no jobs, no taxes, no roads, no bridges.
Come on!:flamer:

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s480x480/418409_10151014062351715_25180 7403_n.jpg

jerrym3
08-02-2012, 08:30 PM
No entrepreneurs, no rich people, no jobs, no taxes, no roads, no bridges.
Come on!:flamer:

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s480x480/418409_10151014062351715_25180 7403_n.jpg

No market (buyers), no entrepreneurs, etc, etc.

The days of "build it and they will come" are gone.

Who's going to invest money in a company or idea unless there's a solid business plan, positive sales forecast, etc?

And, shouldn't a business plan include location, product transportation means, communications network capability, power grid, available commuting workforce, etc?

When my old company was moving it's corporate headquarters, they flew me cross country to meet with the local telephone company reps to review telecommunications capability and requirements.

If the facilities were not acceptable, the location would have been taken out of consideration.

Infrastructure is a critical piece of the puzzle.

No flaming, just presenting reality.

Bradley G
08-03-2012, 01:11 AM
Yeah, When I worked for the local lumberyard chain(8 stores)90% of our goods came via railcar, the rest by truck.
I'm confident in saying my employer did not entirely fund either .
So there is ALOT of truth to our second term Presidents statement.
I remember when according to Superman, America was based on truth.

Spectragod
08-03-2012, 03:33 AM
Apparently, media outlets may be taking a hit, funny how this wasn't on the news......

We are starting down a dangerous road.

Read through the order, http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/07/06/executive-order-assignment-national-security-and-emergency-preparedness-#.T_sYsRJrreM.twitter, the provisions of the FCC to control common carrier and broadcast services.

US President Barack Obama quietly signed his name to an Executive Order on Friday, allowing the White House to control all private communications in the country in the name of national security.

President Obama released his latest Executive Order on Friday, July 6, a 2,205-word statement offered as the "Assignment of National Security and Emergency Preparedness Communications Functions." And although the president chose not to commemorate the signing with much fanfare, the powers he provides to himself and the federal government under the latest order are among the most far-reaching yet of any of his executive decisions.

"The Federal Government must have the ability to communicate at all times and under all circumstances to carry out its most critical and time sensitive missions," the president begins the order. "Survivable, resilient, enduring and effective communications, both domestic and international, are essential to enable the executive branch to communicate within itself and with: the legislative and judicial branches; State, local, territorial and tribal governments; private sector entities; and the public, allies and other nations."

President Obama adds that it is necessary for the government to be able to reach anyone in the country during situations it considers critical, writing, "Such communications must be possible under all circumstances to ensure national security, effectively manage emergencies and improve national resilience." Later the president explains that such could be done by establishing a "joint industry-Government center that is capable of assisting in the initiation, coordination, restoration and reconstitution of NS/EP [national security and emergency preparedness] communications services or facilities under all conditions of emerging threats, crisis or emergency."

"The views of all levels of government, the private and nonprofit sectors, and the public must inform the development of NS/EP communications policies, programs and capabilities," he adds.

On the government's official website for the National Communications Systems, the government explains that that "infrastructure includes wireline, wireless, satellite, cable, and broadcasting, and provides the transport networks that support the Internet and other key information systems," suggesting that the president has indeed effectively just allowed himself to control the country's Internet access.

In order to allow the White House to reach anyone within the US, the president has put forth a plan to establish a high-level committee calling from agents with the Department of Homeland Security, Pentagon, Federal Communications Commission and other government divisions to ensure that his new executive order can be implemented.

In explaining the order, the Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC) writes that the president has authorized the DHS "the authority to seize private facilities when necessary, effectively shutting down or limiting civilian communications."

In Section 5 of his order, President Obama outlines the specific department and agency responsibilities that will see through his demands. In a few paragraphs, President Obama explains that Executive Committee that will oversee his order must be supplied with "the technical support necessary to develop and maintain plans adequate to provide for the security and protection of NS/EP communications," and that that same body will be in tasked with dispatching that communiqué "to the Federal Government and State, local, territorial and trial governments," by means of "commercial, Government and privately owned communications resources."

Later, the president announces that the Department of Homeland Security will be tasked with drafting a plan during the next 60 days to explain how the DHS will command the government's Emergency Telecommunications Service, as well as other telecom conduits. In order to be able to spread the White House's message across the country, President Obama also asks for the purchasing of equipment and services that will enable such.

The DHS now has control over ALL (as in everything private and public) communications systems in the U.S. by executive order signed by the president on 7/6/12.

guspech750
08-03-2012, 03:37 AM
This piece of worthless dog **** needs to be stopped!!

Sent from my iPhone

CWright
08-03-2012, 04:19 AM
Apparently, media outlets may be taking a hit, funny how this wasn't on the news......

We are starting down a dangerous road.

Read through the order, http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/07/06/executive-order-assignment-national-security-and-emergency-preparedness-#.T_sYsRJrreM.twitter, the provisions of the FCC to control common carrier and broadcast services.

US President Barack Obama quietly signed his name to an Executive Order on Friday, allowing the White House to control all private communications in the country in the name of national security.

President Obama released his latest Executive Order on Friday, July 6, a 2,205-word statement offered as the "Assignment of National Security and Emergency Preparedness Communications Functions." And although the president chose not to commemorate the signing with much fanfare, the powers he provides to himself and the federal government under the latest order are among the most far-reaching yet of any of his executive decisions.

"The Federal Government must have the ability to communicate at all times and under all circumstances to carry out its most critical and time sensitive missions," the president begins the order. "Survivable, resilient, enduring and effective communications, both domestic and international, are essential to enable the executive branch to communicate within itself and with: the legislative and judicial branches; State, local, territorial and tribal governments; private sector entities; and the public, allies and other nations."

President Obama adds that it is necessary for the government to be able to reach anyone in the country during situations it considers critical, writing, "Such communications must be possible under all circumstances to ensure national security, effectively manage emergencies and improve national resilience." Later the president explains that such could be done by establishing a "joint industry-Government center that is capable of assisting in the initiation, coordination, restoration and reconstitution of NS/EP [national security and emergency preparedness] communications services or facilities under all conditions of emerging threats, crisis or emergency."

"The views of all levels of government, the private and nonprofit sectors, and the public must inform the development of NS/EP communications policies, programs and capabilities," he adds.

On the government's official website for the National Communications Systems, the government explains that that "infrastructure includes wireline, wireless, satellite, cable, and broadcasting, and provides the transport networks that support the Internet and other key information systems," suggesting that the president has indeed effectively just allowed himself to control the country's Internet access.

In order to allow the White House to reach anyone within the US, the president has put forth a plan to establish a high-level committee calling from agents with the Department of Homeland Security, Pentagon, Federal Communications Commission and other government divisions to ensure that his new executive order can be implemented.

In explaining the order, the Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC) writes that the president has authorized the DHS "the authority to seize private facilities when necessary, effectively shutting down or limiting civilian communications."

In Section 5 of his order, President Obama outlines the specific department and agency responsibilities that will see through his demands. In a few paragraphs, President Obama explains that Executive Committee that will oversee his order must be supplied with "the technical support necessary to develop and maintain plans adequate to provide for the security and protection of NS/EP communications," and that that same body will be in tasked with dispatching that communiqué "to the Federal Government and State, local, territorial and trial governments," by means of "commercial, Government and privately owned communications resources."

Later, the president announces that the Department of Homeland Security will be tasked with drafting a plan during the next 60 days to explain how the DHS will command the government's Emergency Telecommunications Service, as well as other telecom conduits. In order to be able to spread the White House's message across the country, President Obama also asks for the purchasing of equipment and services that will enable such.

The DHS now has control over ALL (as in everything private and public) communications systems in the U.S. by executive order signed by the president on 7/6/12.

You see what he's done in the first 4 years and trying to get re-elected. He'll have nothing to lose in the second term and all the gloves will come off. Ruthless doesn't even begin to explain what will happen in a second term.

tbone
08-03-2012, 04:43 AM
Yeah, When I worked for the local lumberyard chain(8 stores)90% of our goods came via railcar, the rest by truck.

I'm still waiting for Oblamer to drop off the keys to my new lumberyard......

MMBLUE
08-03-2012, 04:51 AM
I'm still waiting for Oblamer to drop off the keys to my new lumberyard......

Yeah, and there is a whole slew of people waiting for all the other free ****nit that he promised..... Wait in line buddy:P

tbone
08-03-2012, 04:57 AM
Railroads, bridges, roads = Entrepreneurs don't matter, government is great.

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMM3MyWXwCx s7jnqXmQUPH6hetKgugj-2pAzGQrFjywG6TlX_a

MMBLUE
08-03-2012, 05:05 AM
Railroads, bridges, roads = Entrepreneurs don't matter, government is great.

The more goverment I got in my life the better off I am. Yeah and so are enema's and anal examines :lol:

sailsmen
08-03-2012, 05:59 AM
Brad If you’ve got a house, a car, a pay check or a 401K you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. “There are a lot of smart people out there”. “There are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.” “Somebody along the line gave you some help.” “Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive.”
We are going to take our share of that house, that car, that pay check and that 401K.
For the record the Rail Roads built by the Rail Roads.
The Golden Gate Obama refers to per Wikki – “The Golden Gate Bridge and Highway District, authorized by an act of the California Legislature, was incorporated in 1928 as the official entity to design, construct, and finance the Golden Gate Bridge.[11] However, after the Wall Street Crash of 1929, the District was unable to raise the construction funds, so it lobbied for a $30 million bond measure. The bonds were approved in November 1930,[14] by votes in the counties affected by the bridge.[24] The construction budget at the time of approval was $27 million. However, the District was unable to sell the bonds until 1932, when Amadeo Giannini, the founder of San Francisco–based Bank of America, agreed on behalf of his bank to buy the entire issue in order to help the local economy.”

I can assure you your employer paid for all the services he recieved.

guspech750
08-03-2012, 06:00 AM
You see what he's done in the first 4 years and trying to get re-elected. He'll have nothing to lose in the second term and all the gloves will come off. Ruthless doesn't even begin to explain what will happen in a second term.

I've never been more worried before with a president than now. Truely never thought our way of life would be in such jeopardy.

I've wondered if there really was another revolution, how many former and current veterans and police officers would toss aside their uniforms to take back our once great country.

Sent from my iPhone

sailsmen
08-03-2012, 06:01 AM

Do you really want us to list all of Obama's lies????

sailsmen
08-03-2012, 06:06 AM
The Carrington Effect.
There have been a series of EO outling the President's authority in the event of an emergency. The driver behind this is the increased Solar Flares that we will experience over the next 20 years.
The last time was 1859,h ttp://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2008/06may_carringtonflare/, and if that repeated today we would have 18 to 48 hours until all the electrical grid world wide would get knocked out permanently and would have to be rebuilt from generating station to generating station

sailsmen
08-03-2012, 06:15 AM
No market (buyers), no entrepreneurs, etc, etc.

The days of "build it and they will come" are gone.

Who's going to invest money in a company or idea unless there's a solid business plan, positive sales forecast, etc?

And, shouldn't a business plan include location, product transportation means, communications network capability, power grid, available commuting workforce, etc?

When my old company was moving it's corporate headquarters, they flew me cross country to meet with the local telephone company reps to review telecommunications capability and requirements.

If the facilities were not acceptable, the location would have been taken out of consideration.

Infrastructure is a critical piece of the puzzle.

No flaming, just presenting reality.

That's why Gov't spends only 2-3% on infrastructure??? Shows how important Gov't thinks it is. It is the Private sector that is building todays hi tech infrastructure. In most cases where Gov't has built an infrastructure there is a tax or fee dricetly on the users of that infrastructure. At airports it's called landing fees and at Ports it's dockage fees.

jerrym3
08-03-2012, 06:55 AM
That's why Gov't spends only 2-3% on infrastructure??? Shows how important Gov't thinks it is. It is the Private sector that is building todays hi tech infrastructure. In most cases where Gov't has built an infrastructure there is a tax or fee dricetly on the users of that infrastructure. At airports it's called landing fees and at Ports it's dockage fees.

Where did I mention government spending on infrastructure? My point is that an entrepreneur needs more than just an idea before spending, and a market/buyer is #1.

Local paper today, an entrepreneur is going to build a restaurant on a pier on the Hudson River waterfront, Jersey side.

1) he has roads for customers to access his business; roads that will be plowed after a snowstorm (which his taxes pay for).
2) he has power/light/network access, etc
3) most important, he has a market, as this area of the country is way near the top of the prime real estate chain; condos and high risers sprouting everywhere

Would he build this business in the middle of a mid west plain, 50 miles from a major city, accessible by a dirt road, running on a generator? (Yes, he could get network access via a dish.)

Doubt it.

Takes a combined effort by all. That's my point.

sailsmen
08-03-2012, 09:38 AM
A vote for Obama is a vote for more of this;
8 Year Annual Average Clinton vs Bush
Measurement 60 Year Post WW II Annual Average President Clinton President Bush
8 Years Annual Average Unemployment 5.60% 5.21% 5.26%
8 Years Annual Average Annual Deficit as a Percent of our Economy -1.70% -0.08% -2.00%
8 Years Annual Average Public Debt as a Percent of our Economy 40.80% 44.90% 36.10%
8 Years Annual Average Annual Tax Collections N/A $1.55 Trillion $2.14 Trillion
8 Years Annual Average Spending as a Percent of our economy 19.90% 19.80% 19.60%

3 Year Annual Average Clinton vs Bush vs Obama
Measurement 60 Year Post WW II Annual Average President Clinton President Bush President Obama
3 Years Annual Average Unemployment 5.60% 6.20% 5.50% 9.30%
3 Years Annual Average Annual Deficit as a Percent of our Economy -1.70% -3.00% -1.20% -9.90%
3 Years Annual Average Public Debt as a Percent of our Economy 40.80% 49.20% 33.90% 62.60%
3 Years Annual Average Annual Tax Collections N/A $1.25 Trillion $1.88 Trillion $2.15 Trillion
3 Years Annual Average Spending as a Percent of our economy 19.90% 21.00% 19.00% 24.70%

Note: All Data is from the Government BLS and OMB

sailsmen
08-03-2012, 10:05 AM
My point is when I started in business 30 years ago the profit margin were 10% to 30% with most in the 15% to 20% range.
Today 3% to 15% with most in the high single digits. Those in the 3% are not viable.
The majority of the reduction in profits is from the every increasing Gov't burden. 300,000 Federal Laws is INSANITY!
Gov't spending 42% of GDP is INSANITY, pure income redistribution. Gov't spending of $58,100 per private sector worker is not sustainable under any scenario.
Today the Risk Reward is not worth it. This is why there is no recovery.
The Reward to work for the Federal Gov't with the guarrantees and insulation from Liability far out ways starting a business.
Both Mr. Private and Mr. Fed make the same income over their careers. Assuming Mr. Private gets 100% of SS Mr. Fed will collect $840,000 more from the Federal Pension then Mr. Private gets from SS. In addition Mr. Fed gets a 401K and savings plan.
Unemployment in the Public Sector is 4.2%, almost half the Private Sector.
Gov't is the problem.

vkirkend
08-03-2012, 01:06 PM
My question since he was elected is WHO voted for this guy????? I know of not one person who has said I voted for him, there again who will admit it.

Sailsmen his right on the money with what he said. They dont want a middleclass they want most people to rely on them it's are part of Global Wealth Redistribution. The middle class scares these people. Also the UN There all in this with mr nut sack. Everything they want to do/outlaw is all part of a larger agenda. Like how the **** can someone (UN) say what we should do. They want guns banned & rounded up to them we are a rouge country that cant be controlled until we are poor & no means to fight back. UN's dream would be a global society with 90% in poverty & controlled by the few wealthy.

I voted for him. There, now you know at least one person that voted for him. And planning on doing it again in November.

Spectragod
08-03-2012, 02:03 PM
I voted for him. There, now you know at least one person that voted for him. And planning on doing it again in November.

That's nice, at least my vote will cancel yours out. :D I personally think you need to re-evaluate, but that's just my opinion.

guspech750
08-03-2012, 03:13 PM
That's nice, at least my vote will cancel yours out. :D I personally think you need to re-evaluate, but that's just my opinion.

I'll join ya and cancel out another vote for that POS.

Sent from my iPhone

MyBlackBeasts
08-03-2012, 03:29 PM

Uh, they did. They paid to move the freight (it's not free) & taxpayer funded them which includes the "lumber yard". Don't take the bait... Once hooked you'll turn over more & more until you are the "boiled frog". :shake:

GAMike
08-03-2012, 06:17 PM
The end game, is that the different kinds of/quantity of taxes American companies/individuals have to deal with, hides ineffeciency and waste that some on the inside take advantage of to preserve political power and take care of cronies. I personally would like to see a consumption sales tax oriented tax structure, but thats another rant. :)

Ideally our taxes should maintain infrastructure to a level where quality of life for individuals and business alike are not something to worry about, and set aside some for a "rainy day"...

We all know government does not operate that way. We all know there are not many performance metrics utilized within government to show Americans that politicians and adminstrators are good stewards of the taxes we pay...... Should government operate more like the businesses it taxes? I say hell yes.......

Businesses risk capital not only generate revenue where they locate but also to execute a vision of sustainability and growth. If they don't have confidence in the regulatory enviornment, if they think their business taxes will skyrocket, or be effected by some other risk variable, they will refrain from expansion{employing more workers}, or expand in a less risky/more business freindly enviornment{overseas/outsourcing non mission critical functions}.......

Businesses add to the tax bases, lower unemployment, and effect the health of other businesses in their communities............ Its a partnership, and President Obama is not a good partner to American businessmen....

I suggest everyone YouTube Steve Wynn, and see what he has to say about the business climate in the U.S. One of the classiest CEO's in any industry, and a clarvoyant voice of reason..

jerrym3
08-03-2012, 06:43 PM
My point is when I started in business 30 years ago the profit margin were 10% to 30% with most in the 15% to 20% range.
Today 3% to 15% with most in the high single digits. Those in the 3% are not viable.
The majority of the reduction in profits is from the every increasing Gov't burden. 300,000 Federal Laws is INSANITY!
Gov't spending 42% of GDP is INSANITY, pure income redistribution. Gov't spending of $58,100 per private sector worker is not sustainable under any scenario.
Today the Risk Reward is not worth it. This is why there is no recovery.
The Reward to work for the Federal Gov't with the guarrantees and insulation from Liability far out ways starting a business.
Both Mr. Private and Mr. Fed make the same income over their careers. Assuming Mr. Private gets 100% of SS Mr. Fed will collect $840,000 more from the Federal Pension then Mr. Private gets from SS. In addition Mr. Fed gets a 401K and savings plan.
Unemployment in the Public Sector is 4.2%, almost half the Private Sector.
Gov't is the problem.

So, if you had a market for your product, you'd rather put your money into a 1% CD insterad of making more in your business?

And, when you dump/fire all these government workers, remember, government workers with a salary spend money; unemployed government workers collect unemployment and then become low payed night security guards.

Now, if there was a place for the unemployed government worker to go, great, downsize them.

But, have you been to a Home Depopt or Lowes lately?

I guarentee, half the folks working there did not have that particular job on their future job projection.

I was downsized at age 64. There is no way that any company was going to hire a 64 year old, six figure salary worker.

If I really needed an income, I'd be stocking shelves at Lowes on the midnight shift right now. Yet, when I worked, I was a mid level project manager with a very comfortable salary doing a high pressure, extremely important (to my company) job, flying all over the country.

This is today's world.

boatmangc
08-03-2012, 06:50 PM
I have owned, operated and sold several businesses since 1979.
It burns my arse that this out of touch idiot believes someone did it for me, really? So when I got hurt and damn near lost a house was it Uncle Sam that helped me out then too?
Get a grip, I did do it myself, all of it.

I didn't vote for him, I don't like the other choice this election but I sure as hell won't vote for this arrogant pr!ck.
One term is about all us small businesses can afford.

jerrym3
08-03-2012, 07:05 PM
I have owned, operated and sold several businesses since 1979.
It burns my arse that this out of touch idiot believes someone did it for me, really? So when I got hurt and damn near lost a house was it Uncle Sam that helped me out then too?
Get a grip, I did do it myself, all of it.

I didn't vote for him, I don't like the other choice this election but I sure as hell won't vote for this arrogant pr!ck.
One term is about all us small businesses can afford.

Has the world gome completely nuts?

Nobody says that someone did it for you.

All he said is that along the way, you most likely got some help, or as I stated many times, your business thrived because of the infrastructure in this country you and I all depend upon.

Take two identical individuals, same idea, same intelligence, same "drive", one in China and one in the USA.

Which one will become more successful?

Why?

That is the underlying message.

If you believe that he said you didn't do it on your own, then you must believe that Romney likes to fire people.

You just can't pick and choose to suit your underlying beliefs and political agenda.

Simple as that.

boatmangc
08-03-2012, 07:19 PM

All he said is that along the way, you most likely got some help, or as I stated many times, your business thrived because of the infrastructure in this country you and I all depend upon.

Take two identical individuals, same idea, same intelligence, same "drive", one in China and one in the USA.

Why?

That is the underlying message.

If you believe that he said you didn't do it on your own, then you must believe that Romney likes to fire people.

You just can't pick and choose to suit your underlying beliefs and political agenda.

Simple as that.

Sure I can.

It's called freedom.
Thats one of many reasons why we vote.

We don't have to agree.
But here in the US I know many self employed people who create jobs for many and did it from scratch that all got hot under the collar over the now infamous statement.
If its not what he meant then he should have said what he did mean, or at least make a statement later saying, "sorry what I meant to say was"...

I was on the streets on my own by the age of 15, no inheritance, no welfare, no food stamps. No entitlement.
Just a drive to be different than my old man.
I still work 80 hours a week just to keep my help paid, my home paid for and to pay taxes.

It was a wrong statement and to not admit it and apologize just proves BO's arrogance.

Done.

Spectragod
08-03-2012, 07:21 PM

Simple as that.

Yes, you can, simple as that, this is America, you are free to do as you choose.

MyBlackBeasts
08-03-2012, 07:46 PM

No, that is not what he said. That is the bs he & his accomplices are spinning in massive damage control because he slipped off the teleprompter and vocalized his internal belief - typical socialist garbage. Go and watch the entire clip in context.

"...infrastructure in this country you and I all depend upon" which we all paid for including all the businesses, its nothing "special" and is a complete non-sequitor. This is just a red-herring thrown in to misdirect, don't fall for it.

MMBLUE
08-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Liberalism is a disease :D Just throwing that out there.:P It causes one to think with their heart not their mind.

Until there is something out there better than the USA :flag: I'll just thank God that I'm here!:flag:

kernie
08-03-2012, 08:30 PM
Liberalism is a disease :D Just throwing that out there.:P It causes one to think with their heart not their mind.

Until there is something out there better than the USA :flag: I'll just thank God that I'm here!:flag:

Perhaps you are lucky to be born in the USA and have all the perks that entails.

I am very lucky to be born in Canada, nowhere better IMO.:canada: I'll just thank my luck that i'm here.:canada:

jerrym3
08-04-2012, 06:53 AM
Well, I guess infrastructure really does matter.

600 million people in India lost power recently. 600 million.

(Did all the call and technical support centers keep running?)

And, you are right, you can choose to believe whatever you wish.

I was wrong.

But, as an Independent, I look at the real meaning of what was said, both sides, and then I make my decision.

I don't believe Romney meant what he said, but I also don't believe OB meant what he said either.

Both cases, bad choice of words.

MMBLUE
08-04-2012, 07:12 AM
Well, I guess infrastructure really does matter.

600 million people in India lost power recently. 600 million.

(Did all the call and technical support centers keep running?)

And, you are right, you can choose to believe whatever you wish.

I was wrong.

But, as an Independent, I look at the real meaning of what was said, both sides, and then I make my decision.

I don't believe Romney meant what he said, but I also don't believe OB meant what he said either.

Both cases, bad choice of words.

Okay, so as one of the so-called " undecided independents" Which side are you leaning BIG goverment and more spending and more community organizing? or common sense and a bussiness minded person who has actually had to work and put food on the table. Trust me, Romney is not my first choice for the GOP but, anything's better than Barry O. There isn't a middle to think about here.

jerrym3
08-04-2012, 09:53 AM
Okay, so as one of the so-called " undecided independents" Which side are you leaning BIG goverment and more spending and more community organizing? or common sense and a bussiness minded person who has actually had to work and put food on the table. Trust me, Romney is not my first choice for the GOP but, anything's better than Barry O. There isn't a middle to think about here.

First, whatever side I'm leaning towards, that's my private business. (Isn't that why voting booths are secured?)

Second, while the economy is important, and Romney has more business experience, no one ever mentions that our President is, or becomes, Commander in Chief of the world's strongest military force.

So, what experience does/did OB, Romney, GW, Clinton, etc have when it came to leading such a force and making military decisions, decisions that could result in people living or dieing?

Simple answer, a President needs to lead and make decisions based on input from his advisors, not personal experience. No President can be experienced in everything.

I've met a few CEOs in my working days. None had my experience in IT, but they didn't need to. That's why they hired and paid me.

Their job was to take my input, ask questions, and make a decision, and, believe me, half the stuff they read on my report was foreign to them.

The President is the USA's CEO, isn't he/she?

tbone
08-04-2012, 10:00 AM
Yep. That's why Oblamer surrounds himself with, for example, radical, leftist, communists like Van Jones, the ex Green Jobs Czar.......Glenn Beck exposed his BS quite well that ultimately led to his departure.
Obummer explained quite clearly that to know him, look at who he surrounds himself with. We got the picture.

Enjoy:
http://www.westernjournalism.com/exclusive-investigative-reports/obama-surrounds-himself-with-the-most-extreme-appointees-in-american-history/

sailsmen
08-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Per the Federal Reserve the only Group whose income is increasing is the Group that does not work. Under Obama's economic policies it pays not to work!:mad:
Per the Federal Reserve between 2007-10 "...while the median real income fell 7.7% and retirees and non-workers incomes rose"!

"The Fed survey found that the median value of family income, when adjusted for inflation and before taxes, fell by 7.7 percent — from $49,600 in 2007 to $45,800 in 2010. The median is the midpoint of all family income."

"The decline in median income was widespread across demographic groups, with only a few groups experiencing stable or rising incomes," the Fed survey said. "Most noticeably, median incomes moved higher for retirees and other nonworking families.

jerrym3
08-04-2012, 11:21 AM
Per the Federal Reserve the only Group whose income is increasing is the Group that does not work. Under Obama's economic policies it pays not to work!:mad:
Per the Federal Reserve between 2007-10 "...while the median real income fell 7.7% and retirees and non-workers incomes rose"!

"The Fed survey found that the median value of family income, when adjusted for inflation and before taxes, fell by 7.7 percent — from $49,600 in 2007 to $45,800 in 2010. The median is the midpoint of all family income."

"The decline in median income was widespread across demographic groups, with only a few groups experiencing stable or rising incomes," the Fed survey said. "Most noticeably, median incomes moved higher for retirees and other nonworking families.

Huckabee was on FOX this morning.

Even he said that nobody wants to rely on the government forever. (Yes, some dirtbags do, but 1) that's a minority (no pun intended), and 2) it's been that way for years, and will always be that way.

As for median income, how did the upper level folks do?

And, who's holding back the raises? Or, is it because better paying jobs are being shipped overseas?

Or both?

jerrym3
08-04-2012, 11:26 AM
Yep. That's why Oblamer surrounds himself with, for example, radical, leftist, communists like Van Jones, the ex Green Jobs Czar.......Glenn Beck exposed his BS quite well that ultimately led to his departure.
Obummer explained quite clearly that to know him, look at who he surrounds himself with. We got the picture.

Enjoy:
http://www.westernjournalism.com/exclusive-investigative-reports/obama-surrounds-himself-with-the-most-extreme-appointees-in-american-history/

Is that why they also demoted Colms off the Hannity and Colms show?

No argument here about selection, although I know a few folks that would be happy even with even a Green Job, but it seems like you agree with me that a President's personal experience is not as important as the advisors he/she selects.

jerrym3
08-04-2012, 11:36 AM

You aren't inferring that Romney had to work to put food on his table, are you?

The son of a Governor and CEO of an American car company?

As for the "community organizer" comment, when Romney decided to be a Governor of Mass., isn't that a position that strives to better the community, in this case, his community was Mass.?

Isn't he still doing that by running for President, but, in this case, the community has grown?

I don't find anything wrong with that at all.

In fact, I give guys like Romney (and the Kennedys and Bushs) credit for leaving lives that I wish I could live and trying to do better their fellow Americans.

tbone
08-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Is that why they also demoted Colms off the Hannity and Colms show?

No argument here about selection, although I know a few folks that would be happy even with even a Green Job, but it seems like you agree with me that a President's personal experience is not as important as the advisors he/she selects.

Both his personal experience and his advisors.

One would have to be an idiot to think that Oblunder is anything but a radical leftist. :beatnik:

BUCKWHEAT
08-04-2012, 11:53 AM

Why?

The guy in China will be more successful. He has a wide range of alternatives available to him that Americans don't:
-He can bribe anyone he wants to avoid all those obnoxious rules that American business and government respect. When there is no respected rule of law in a country, those willing to be lawless rise quickly to the top.
-He can be both a gov't official and a entreprener at the same time when rules like conflict of interest are ineffectual and ignored. Just drive thru the parking lot in any large China gov't office. More Audi, etc, than you will find in a USA gov't garage. How does that happen?
-The guy in China doesn't worry about pollution rules. Go to any big China city and take a deep breath.
-And the list can go on. You don't have to pick on China, just substitute any dictatorial regime, Hugo Chavez, etc. Results are all the same for the middle class, go somewhere else, die, or get on the government bandwagon.

jerrym3
08-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Both his personal experience and his advisors.

One would have to be an idiot to think that Oblunder is anything but a radical leftist. :beatnik:

Well, in that case, since the most important responsibility of a President of the USA is to keep citizens safe, we better find some candidates with military and security experience quickly.

Also, I was thinking how very fortunate we are to live in a country where we can call our elected President all kinds of inflammatory names without consequence.

Wonder what names the Russians have for Vladimir Putin that they can state publicly?

TBone, is it Obummer or Oblounder? Both? Which do you prefer?

I lose track when you keep changing the name of the leader of the United States of America.

Must be an age thing. I was brought up respecting the office even if I didn't vote for the man.

Anyway, I'm going on vacation for a while, so as Richard Nixon once said, "you won't have Jerrym3 to kick around anymore".

Enjoy your week. :) :)

GAMike
08-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Correct me if I am wrong guys.........

1. I agree with Jerry, that we should respect the Office of POTUS......
2. It takes all of my restraint, not to call President Obama names {sometimes I fail}

Here is why....... This President has no respect himself, for the office he holds. He appears to be the beneficiary of some acting lessons from his Hollywood friends when in front of the camera (looking/sounding the part when giving speeches).

The reality is, that he has little respect for the protocols or past precidents of the office he holds, and he proves it. Bowing to Kings, letting JayZ sit in the Commander and Chiefs chair in the war room (Not a big deal until the photo winds up in a commercial magazine.....) and blaming Bush for everything (eventhough the Dems controled congress for the last 2 years of Bush's 2nd term)....He is naive, and expects to be given a pass.......

I understand the need to be a "game changer". I also understand that regardless of what party a President is from, they have a duty to maintain the office they hold. POTUS is a symbol to the rest of strength to the world, that the office is larger/more important than the occupyer of that office. People are frustrated with Obama because he attemps at every turn to trancend that office for his own political gain.... They don't much care for his methods of sending lawyers in to collect dirt on folks, smearing reputations, pandering to groups and covering up investigations.... People called Bush names because the left smear campaign was in full force and they did not like the Iraq war (me too). people called Clinton names because of conduct unbecoming a POTUS. Name calling is going to happen, and I don't much like it either, but its important to understand "why".

Well, in that case, since the most important responsibility of a President of the USA is to keep citizens safe, we better find some candidates with military and security experience quickly.

Also, I was thinking how very fortunate we are to live in a country where we can call our elected President all kinds of inflammatory names without consequence.

Wonder what names the Russians have for Vladimir Putin that they can state publicly?

I lose track when you keep changing the name of the leader of the United States of America.

Must be an age thing. I was brought up respecting the office even if I didn't vote for the man.

Anyway, I'm going on vacation for a while, so as Richard Nixon once said, "you won't have Jerrym3 to kick around anymore".

kernie
08-05-2012, 11:45 AM

The above post is kernie approved! I like your stuff jerry.

John McCain, who is a great American, once corrected a bonehead a a rally and said you are wrong, "Obama is a good man".

Treasonous is how i think of some of the stuff i see here, shameful.

I'm on vacation now as well, fire away.

:beer:

GAMike
08-05-2012, 12:17 PM
Treasonous is how i think of some of the stuff i see here

Maybe in your country.... Here we are free to speak out without fear of reprisal.... Even if what is said is in poor taste...

kernie
08-05-2012, 12:28 PM
Maybe in your country.... Here we are free to speak out without fear of reprisal.... Even if what is said is in poor taste...

Why do you say stuff like that when you know full well it's baloney?

Baaad GN
08-05-2012, 12:34 PM
OH Lordddd how do you all Like HOPE AND CHANGE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Spectragod
08-05-2012, 12:53 PM

It's not, and you have no dog in this hunt. So, why do you keep commenting? This is America, we don't want your free healthcare, or high gas, food and everything else prices. Plus...... we like our freedom, we like to own and shoot guns, we like to be able to freely speak, we are afforded all this because our country is a free country. Sorry that you don't like that.

Enjoy your vacation, we will.

kernie
08-05-2012, 01:08 PM
It's not, and you have no dog in this hunt. So, why do you keep commenting? This is America, we don't want your free healthcare, or high gas, food and everything else prices. Plus...... we like our freedom, we like to own and shoot guns, we like to be able to freely speak, we are afforded all this because our country is a free country. Sorry that you don't like that.

Enjoy your vacation, we will.

Whatever, duh.

GAMike
08-05-2012, 02:29 PM

Because I can:D

MMBLUE
08-05-2012, 06:27 PM
jerrym3

I'm sorry my Man, you speak in liberal tongues. You can't deny it. You argue with EVERY conservative thought or statement in this thread. Here, take this test and see which side of the fence you are on?

If a Republican doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a Democrat doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a Republican is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.
If a Democrat is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a Republican is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
If a Democrat is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a Republican is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
A Democrat wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a Republican doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.
Democrats demand that those they don't like be shut down.

If a Republican is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
A Democrat non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.

If a Republican decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.
A Democrat demands that the rest of us pay for his.

If a Republican reads this, he'll share it so his friends so they can have a good laugh.
A Democrat will delete it because he's "offended".

tbone
08-05-2012, 06:34 PM
The above post is kernie approved! I like your stuff jerry.

John McCain, who is a great American, once corrected a bonehead a a rally and said you are wrong, "Obama is a good man".

Treasonous is how i think of some of the stuff i see here, shameful.

I'm on vacation now as well, fire away.

:beer:

George Bush endured more name calling and blatant :censor: from the left than any President in history and you have the audacity to say "shameful" and "treasonous" on anyone who criticizes Obummer, Oblunder, Oblamer, or whatever his name is? :beatnik: Believe me, I could say a lot worse things......

Spectragod
08-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Whatever, duh.
What is with you guys? Be honest, this freedom thing that you think only you own, i keep thinking that you know it's baloney, perhaps not. Which would mean i'm dealing with those i shouldn't be dealing with. Remember, the underground railroad flowed to Canada, not from Canada. Slavery, highest incarseration rate in the world, get a grip fool. You are not spectacular and you are not a god.

You know, the reason for editing your post was because it was hopeless, What I highlighted was your original post.

My question is, when are you going to bring something useful to the table? It is very apparent that you are not happy with your neighbors to the south, so why keep coming back, other than to aggravate and stir the pot.

Slavery was 147 years ago, and, if it any of your business, my ancestors didn't immigrate to America till 1915, I have nothing to do with people in prison and I have good grip. As far as spectacular and/or a god, I never said I was, or inferred such, that's just a screen name. Assuming that my screen name made me a god would be like assuming you looked like a chimp, as your avatar suggests.:D

kernie
08-05-2012, 08:00 PM
Slavery and treason, all in one day, not bad eh.

Spectragod
08-05-2012, 08:11 PM

And YOUR the one that brought both of them up, why are you still here troll?

kernie
08-05-2012, 08:26 PM

You the boss? Get lost. You can't shush me.

GAMike
08-05-2012, 08:39 PM
You the boss?

Spectragod is in the majority....... Gotta count for sumthin:coolman:

MMBLUE
08-05-2012, 09:02 PM

It never ceases to amaze me :confused: :shake:

boatmangc
08-06-2012, 03:38 AM
It's not JUST the POTUS

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h9/boatmangc/378203_446347035409566_1358030 298_n.jpg

guspech750
08-06-2012, 03:54 AM
jerrym3

I'm sorry my Man, you speak in liberal tongues. You can't deny it. You argue with EVERY conservative thought or statement in this thread. Here, take this test and see which side of the fence you are on?

If a Republican doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a Democrat doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a Republican is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.
If a Democrat is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a Republican is homosexual, he quietly leads his life.
If a Democrat is homosexual, he demands legislated respect.

If a Republican is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
A Democrat wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a Republican doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels.
Democrats demand that those they don't like be shut down.

If a Republican is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church.
A Democrat non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced.

If a Republican decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.
A Democrat demands that the rest of us pay for his.

If a Republican reads this, he'll share it so his friends so they can have a good laugh.
A Democrat will delete it because he's "offended".

Nice. Really nice:burnout:

Sent from my iPhone

Bluerauder
08-06-2012, 04:11 AM
And YOU'RE the one that brought both of them up, why are you still here troll?

I've been wondering the same thing for more than 2 years. :rolleyes: Over 1,000 posts and 99% of them in political threads like this one. Of course, he'll deny it .... but the trend is clear.

kernie
08-06-2012, 09:44 AM
I've been wondering the same thing for more than 2 years. :rolleyes: Over 1,000 posts and 99% of them in political threads like this one. Of course, he'll deny it .... but the trend is clear.

Stick it you know where.

Haggis
08-06-2012, 09:56 AM
Stick it you know where.

Where?.......

kernie
08-06-2012, 09:59 AM
Where?.......

In the filing cabinet. Where else?

Spectragod
08-06-2012, 10:42 AM
You the boss? Get lost. You can't shush me.

Nope, not my board, I was just making a suggestion before you got your feeling hurt. I can't shush you? Really? I can make you my new hobby if that's what you'd like. That sounds like a lot of fun (for me that is).

You know how to solve all this, move this discussion to the "supporting members" section, then kernie cannot follow, since he doesn't support the board that he trolls on, and I am sure that is a violation of some kind up in Canada.

Don't get me wrong, it's good to have an opinion and stick to your guns, but when all but 1 other person disagrees with you, you have to think, maybe your the one with the "issues".

BTW, do you even own a Marauder?

kernie
08-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Nope, not my board, I was just making a suggestion before you got your feeling hurt. I can't shush you? Really? I can make you my new hobby if that's what you'd like. That sounds like a lot of fun (for me that is).

You know how to solve all this, move this discussion to the "supporting members" section, then kernie cannot follow, since he doesn't support the board that he trolls on, and I am sure that is a violation of some kind up in Canada.

Don't get me wrong, it's good to have an opinion and stick to your guns, but when all but 1 other person disagrees with you, you have to think, maybe your the one with the "issues".

BTW, do you even own a Marauder?

I will pass on becoming your "new hobby", you win, bye.

Freedom, right.

PonyUP
08-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Just curious to all in this thread

Why is it when someone has a democrat point of view, their opinion for the most part is belittled? Why can't it be respected?

I will say that Kernie for the most part stirs the pot because he can, why do we feel the need to belittle his country or make disparaging remarks about his country?

Why, when Jerry has done very pointed thoughts about his beliefs, do we take that to the extreme and say things like Democrats want to ban all guns, red meat, and want to sit back and have the government take care of them

Unfortunately, most of you political trolls and you know who you are seen to lack the ability to have an open discussion about beliefs that can be interesting and informative, instead you take to insults because someone believes something different than you?

I've sat with members on this board like SC Cheesehead, CWright, and GaMike and had political conversations that were very interesting and good topics, because we were all open to others points of view and respected each other despite not being affiliated with the same parties.

It will never happen, but maybe until you can have an honest discussion that doesn't belittle someone's beliefs, maybe you shouldn't have the discussion at all.

Freedom is more than the right to say what you belief, it's also the responsibility to respect what others believe even if you don't agree with it

The Ice Bucket Approves of this message