PDA

View Full Version : prepare to be taxed!

Crown Vicman
08-03-2012, 07:12 AM
http://redtape.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/03/13089943-no-one-will-say-the-t-word-but-internet-sales-tax-is-all-but-inevitable?lite well if you order things online that is. Whats wrong with these idiots today. I think at one time Obama wanted us to be taxed for the air we breathe. Now they're wondering if we should be taxed for the miles we drive. Can anyone tell me when we had the create a tax holiday? Soon we're going to be taxed on how many feet or yards we walk a day. I say we should have vote to tax Congress.

Haggis
08-03-2012, 07:26 AM
No balance budget = No pay for all politicans.

guspech750
08-03-2012, 07:27 AM
I'm ready for the new revolution war. Armed and ready sir.

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

martyo
08-03-2012, 08:20 AM
No balance budget = No pay for all politicans.

Did you know that the postal service defaulted on a $5.5 billion (with a B) payment last night and expected to do teh same in September?

88LTDCV351
08-03-2012, 08:23 AM
Actually, internet purchases were always to be taxed. They just were not taxed at point of sell. Look into your tax instructions booklet for "use" tax on out of state purchases. There hasn't been much enforcement of it so that is what is changing since states are realizing this lost revenue.

Haggis
08-03-2012, 08:24 AM
Did you know that the postal service defaulted on a $5.5 billion (with a B) payment last night and expected to do teh same in September?

I heard something to that effect. Old Ben Franklin is turning over in his grave.

Mr. Man
08-03-2012, 09:25 AM
Term limits on Congress :banana:...... try and get it passed :mad2:

jerrym3
08-03-2012, 09:45 AM
I'm ready for the new revolution war. Armed and ready sir.

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

And, assuming you win the revolution, who controls the country? The North, South, East, or West?

Meets with foreign dignitaries?

Collects taxes to keep the military, roads, borders, airports, etc running?

Safeguards the nuclear stockpile?

Defends our borders and ports when the bad guys with standing militaries decide to take over a country now in turmoil?

It's not 1776 anymore.

Anyway, I know you were just kidding....right?

CBT
08-03-2012, 10:15 AM
And, assuming you win the revolution, who controls the country? The North, South, East, or West?

Defends our borders and ports when the bad guys with standing militaries decide to take over a country now in turmoil?

It's not 1776 anymore.

We won't have any left to safeguard. :cool:

duhtroll
08-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Think of it this way -- the "online tax" (really just sales tax like you would pay anywhere else) is meant to protect brick and mortar businesses. You know, jobs in this country.

I think they should have done it long ago and it would have prevented hundreds of stores closing due to showrooming. I also think they are too late to do any real good with it.

When you take your business online vs. shopping locally, you damage your own area's economy. I'm guilty of it too, but it is true. And for every dollar that goes to strictly online retailers who happen to employ mostly overseas customer service personnel? Well...

Being annoyed that our free ride on taxes for online purchases ending is fine, but to assume that we are entitled to it is, well, an entitlement mentality.

CBT
08-03-2012, 10:35 AM
I'm still pissed about getting charged a tourist tax on my hotel bill when I stay at one in Kentucky. They should pay ME for upping the awesomeness of whatever part of Kentucky I stay in.

Mr. Man
08-03-2012, 10:40 AM
I'm still pissed about getting charged a tourist tax on my hotel bill when I stay at one in Kentucky. They should pay ME for upping the awesomeness of whatever part of Kentucky I stay in.
Wouldn't you going to Kentucky be a lateral move............:P:D

CBT
08-03-2012, 10:52 AM
Wouldn't you going to Kentucky be a lateral move............:P:D
I don't know what that means.

Granddaddy Marq
08-03-2012, 11:02 AM

You mean they don't have one, but two $5.5 billion (with a B) loans they can't pay?

vkirkend
08-03-2012, 01:00 PM
http://redtape.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/03/13089943-no-one-will-say-the-t-word-but-internet-sales-tax-is-all-but-inevitable?lite well if you order things online that is. Whats wrong with these idiots today. I think at one time Obama wanted us to be taxed for the air we breathe. Now they're wondering if we should be taxed for the miles we drive. Can anyone tell me when we had the create a tax holiday? Soon we're going to be taxed on how many feet or yards we walk a day. I say we should have vote to tax Congress.

Stop blaming the President for what Congress is doing. This tax is a tax that states are pushing. The money would go to the states and they are the ones that are pushing this. The Federal Government will not see any of these taxes collected.

martyo
08-03-2012, 01:22 PM
You mean they don't have one, but two $5.5 billion (with a B) loans they can't pay?

Not loans but obligations.

This article is informative:

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-08-01/what-the-u-dot-s-dot-postal-service-default-really-means

88LTDCV351
08-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Another reminder. These taxes are state sales taxes that have always been in the tax regulations. Only problem is that there has been no required enforcement at point of sale or when people file thier state income taxes at the end of each year. Its just an attempt by states to force collection of these taxes at point of sale since almost no one records and pays these "use" taxes when they file at the end of each year. Check your state 1040 or whatever booklet. Its there under out of state purchases. (remember when you have to pay sales tax when buying something online from a retailer from your own state? There is enforcement from online retailers within the same state)

Frankly, I'm surprised states haven't gone after this much sooner. Indiana has been trying to get it enforced by screaming fowl to the US government because there is a Amazon distribution facility in Indiana. They saw how much money wasn't being collected and want to increase enforcement. And since Amazon isn't technically headquartered in Indiana and wasn't collecting.....Indiana cried fowl.

MrBluGruv
08-03-2012, 03:53 PM
I'm not one for increased taxes, but this is just silly to get upset about. It's literally sales tax, which you no doubt already pay when you buy things in person, except the states get to enforce collection for vendors within their state.

These aren't new taxes, just enforcement of collection.

I'd be more pissed that in the past they had these laws but were lax on enforcing to the point where a casual online seller (e.g. hobbyist) had a hard time trying to figure out what to do to be in compliance.

If this translates to a clearer tax law, I'm actually all for it.

jerrym3
08-03-2012, 05:07 PM

It's not 1776 anymore.

guspech750, your comments?

Shaijack
08-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Haggis we need to get on with our new countrys plans.

rayjay
08-04-2012, 09:51 AM
Wait until the Obama Care tax kicks in on home sales next year. If you're gonna sell, do it now before you are bent over in the name of wealth redistribution, freebie healthcare for mutts, bums, degenrates and the just plain lazy. (communism to those of us who remember)

tbone
08-04-2012, 09:54 AM

We ARE taxed on the air we breathe. It's called the EPA and Oblamer's war on coal.

Curless
08-04-2012, 12:04 PM
Stop blaming the President for what Congress is doing. This tax is a tax that states are pushing. The money would go to the states and they are the ones that are pushing this. The Federal Government will not see any of these taxes collected.

How about if our fearless leader does his job??? How about if he was to stand up for something and fight congress for what "we the people" put him in office for??? Then could we blame him? I get so sick of people defending this moron. HE DOES NOT DO HIS JOB! His job is to LEAD our country, the way "we the people" tell him too through the many avenues of our government...NONE of the people in Washington or on the way to Washington (in government) are doing their jobs, but the President is #1 on that list and he is failing miserably! So I BLAME HIM, 1st and foremost. You never heard Ronald Reagan back down did you? Spoke his mind, stood up for what he believed in, fought congress when necessary, put it all out there for the public to see...I understand that Congress makes the rules, the President should at least try, at least stand for something, and be honest about it when asked.

How about that birth certificate?
How about some college transcripts?
How about a High school year book info?
How about classmates?
How about friends?
How about College profs?

Hmmm, where are they all?????? Where did he come from???? Where did he grow up and how is it none of these people have ever been interviewed or spoken too?

vkirkend
08-04-2012, 09:11 PM
How about if our fearless leader does his job??? How about if he was to stand up for something and fight congress for what "we the people" put him in office for??? Then could we blame him? I get so sick of people defending this moron. HE DOES NOT DO HIS JOB! His job is to LEAD our country, the way "we the people" tell him too through the many avenues of our government...NONE of the people in Washington or on the way to Washington (in government) are doing their jobs, but the President is #1 on that list and he is failing miserably! So I BLAME HIM, 1st and foremost. You never heard Ronald Reagan back down did you? Spoke his mind, stood up for what he believed in, fought congress when necessary, put it all out there for the public to see...I understand that Congress makes the rules, the President should at least try, at least stand for something, and be honest about it when asked.

How about classmates?
How about friends?
How about College profs?

Hmmm, where are they all?????? Where did he come from???? Where did he grow up and how is it none of these people have ever been interviewed or spoken too?

I believe he has been doing his job, CONGRESS ON THE OTHER HAND IS ANOTHER MATTER. His signature piece of legislation The Universal Healthcare Act was passed and now SOME members of Congress are spending all their time trying to repeal it!!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying everything he does is right but the economy is better now than it was when he took office. Not where it needs to be but better. And he does stand for something, just maybe not all the things that matter to you.

And about these items:

How about classmates?
How about friends?
How about College profs?

Really????

UncleLar
08-04-2012, 11:23 PM
It's time for the "28Th Amendment' most of us have seen passed around to us in emails.
Of course almost no one would propose it and those with seats already would pass it because it would bring them and all their benies down to the level of We The People.
I Love My Country but I Don't Trust The Government.