PDA

View Full Version : A month from now.......

RubberCtyRauder
08-04-2012, 06:24 AM
September 4, 2012...my Marauder has a scheduled appointment at........
Mo's Speed Shop!!!!!!!!!!! for the install of my February purchase of the Vortech supercharger kit bought from a member who never installed it. :banana:

Now it won't be up to where most of you with superchargers are at as it is a Non-intercooled kit (gauges included with Lotek pillar), but boost is boost, and I did it on a budget and left $$ for stainless brake lines from TCE, Metco C/A, new Cooper RS3A all around,re-finished my Marauder rims, costs for the install of the centri, the trip to Mo's etc. So the whole car pretty much got a freshening.

Looking forward to having the Mo's crew work their magic!

Spectragod
08-04-2012, 06:43 AM
Marty's a great guy, you'll have a good time down there, Marty has a lot of "toys" to drool over.

Good to see another boosted Ohio member. You should stop by on your way back, I am in Dayton.

F8LBITEva
08-04-2012, 07:32 AM
congrats man enjoy the new power. You can always add an aftercooler later

CWright
08-04-2012, 07:38 AM
Boost = WIN! :beer:

Marty's guys are great to work with and you will be in great hands. :coolman:

DOOM
08-04-2012, 07:45 AM
and I did it on a budget and left $$ for new Cooper RS3A all around

Smart man!!! :drive: :burn: :burnout: :burnout:

:welcome: to the world of BOOST!!! :banana2:

88LTDCV351
08-04-2012, 09:16 AM
Good to hear Mark. Let us know how it goes.

RubberCtyRauder
08-05-2012, 04:52 AM
Thanks Everyone!! It's all your fault anyway:lol:..That mod bug is darn contagious.

Pat
08-05-2012, 06:48 AM
Mark,

I don't remember if we discussed this, Timing and IAT Temps. With the NON-IC setup the IAT temps will be higher and thus timing is affected. Ask Marty about it, I'm assuming he's going to be the one tuning your car.

My Outside Air Temp is 105 + during the summer , NW Louisiana. Your OAT is probably in the mid 90's.

My Inlet Air Temp's are around 140 degrees when the car is warmed up and the OAT is 85 degrees or so.

The total timing on my car is 6.5 degrees, cars with inter-coolers typically have 14 degrees of timing @ 6K RPM, (Zack informed me of these values during the head repair and subsequent check out).

Hope your expectations are realized. Although I don't race anymore, I certainly enjoy leaving the pack at the stop lite from time to time. The mid range is where I note the power of the S/C. Power doesn't fall off it just keeps on pulling.

RubberCtyRauder
08-05-2012, 07:02 AM
Thanks, Pat!

You've been a huge help and source of info since you have the same non-intercooled centri set-up.:beer:

You are right that the OAT here is far less thatn your area, although this summer it has been hotter and more humid than average..Most summers it only pokes into the 90's less than 10 times a summer..I would guess the average is 84 to 88.

I would do headers and or an intercooler if I could get the parts in time and/or had more available in my budget as I already did a bunch of other necessary and important things to it..I'm sure it will be a blast non-intercooled as this is my first venture in any car with a power adder..next year could always bring long tues and/or an intercooler.

Thanks for all of your help, and I'm sure I'll have more questions after the install.