PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of signing off

Vortex
08-06-2012, 08:08 AM
Well gang, just wanted to say Im pondering an adios here to all my friends. As some of you know I sold the MM a couple of years ago to a guy in Broken Arrow, OK (and havent seen him post anything here since) but still have my GM as a daily driver. Since I dont have an MM anymore usually I would just check the latest posts in the lounge area to see what was going on and read any posts from any of the members from the Texas area or by some of the folks I met at the three Maraudervilles I attended (Orlando/St Louis/Charlotte). Ive enjoyed responding to posts, even some of the political ones; I have never minded responding to some of the more conservative views posted here with progressive alternatives. Being a Vietnam-era veteran with almost 30 years of government service and having served in places like Bombay, Mogadishu and Dushanbe I do appreciate the freedoms we have here.
Lately Ive noticed some posters here talking about stuff like "revolutions". Its one thing to have political debates and differences of opinions but when rebellion comes up, Ive had enough. Frankly, thats McVeigh type nutjob talk. Please dont try to teach me American history either. Today, our society has pretty strong differences of political opinion. We are all Americans. I wasnt a huge fan of George Bush or believed the war in Iraq was necessary but I sure as hell didnt talk about rebellion. If you are that hacked off, just pack your seabag and get the hell out. I dont think all politicians are crooks. I think most of them are hard working public servants and have the best interests of society in mind in our representative form of government.
Well, had to say it.

Bradley G
08-06-2012, 08:26 AM
You will be missed if you decide to leave.I feel the pain you mention, stay and pray for those less fortunate(they surely need your help):)

HammerDown
08-06-2012, 08:31 AM
You said it well!!

Check back every once in a while.......

kernie
08-06-2012, 09:39 AM
I've said it before and i will say it again, i enjoy your informed reasonable opinions, i hope you stay with us.

:beer:

Ms. Denmark
08-06-2012, 10:13 AM
Don't go! :)

Curless
08-06-2012, 11:45 AM
I can respect your opinion, I hope you don't sign off....THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY.

FW_Linc/Merc
08-06-2012, 11:56 AM
You are always welcome here even if not active. You are also always welcome to join us at any Maruaderville. As for politics no site is free from opinions. The views of some do not represent the views of all members on this site.

Thanks for all your inputs over the years. I have enjoyed you feedback.

MOTOWN
08-06-2012, 12:04 PM
The very reason i try to stay away from the political threads they go south real fast!

Everyone is entitled to there opinion but some forget its just that!
an opinion!

justbob
08-06-2012, 12:06 PM
I agree fully that views on politics, religion, same sex marriages, race, or just about anything else that you have no control over anyways around here is DUMB...

I could give a rats azz what your beliefs or your cause is. Yet I have to see countless threads started everyday.

Some here REALLY need to get a life and stop pushing views/beliefs because you are not gonna change a thing except in creating more enemies.

Go find a site somewhere else to spill your verbal diarrhea.

SC Cheesehead
08-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Hope you decide to hang around, Jim. We've had some lively discussions in the past, but I've always respected your opinion, and have enjoyed your company whenever we get together.

Vortex
08-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Thanks Rex and everyone else, Im gonna hang around; just got a little upset this am at some of the tone of a few recent conversations around here. I know for a fact a strong majority of the regular posters and long time members here that Ive met over the past eight years are absolutely great folks (regardless of politics) and I feel priviledged to know them.

PonyUP
08-06-2012, 12:38 PM
I couldn't agree with you more Jim. I haven't met you, but have enjoyed your posts.
I too have comptemplated the same thing as I was sick and tired of being belittled because i subscribe to a more liberal way of thinking, and yet in the last two days I have seen two threads that quite frankly upset me enough to say something in those threads

I just don't think a political agenda, religious, agenda can be discussed rationally here, which is why for the most part I try to avoid it. Unfortunately I continue to take the bait, so Shame on me.

I hope I will not continue to do do, but with how radical it has gotten its been tough to not chime in

I hope we both stick around, because there is a lot more to this site to outweigh the negative

The Ice Bucket Approves of this message

SC Cheesehead
08-06-2012, 01:50 PM
I couldn't agree with you more Jim. I haven't met you, but have enjoyed your posts.
I too have comptemplated the same thing as I was sick and tired of being belittled because i subscribe to a more liberal way of thinking, and yet in the last two days I have seen two threads that quite frankly upset me enough to say something in those threads

I just don't think a political agenda, religious, agenda can be discussed rationally here, which is why for the most part I try to avoid it. Unfortunately I continue to take the bait, so Shame on me.

I hope I will not continue to do do, but with how radical it has gotten its been tough to not chime in

I hope we both stick around, because there is a lot more to this site to outweigh the negative

The Ice Bucket Approves of this message

Therein lies the problem, my friends.... :o

I keep getting sucked in, and from there it's all downhill... :frown:

cruzer
08-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Jim, I've really enjoyed my friendship with you over the years and hope we will continue it. I know how it feels to see things you hold sacred treated like yesterday's trash--I avoid political discussions because I see things from a different view-point having actually lived what so many of the recent generations view as ancient history--they just don't seem to want to learn from the past. This is now their problem to solve. Hope to see you at some point---if I can ever get more than 2 Marauders together at one place;). Stay cool and stay healthy--see you, Maury

Marauderman
08-06-2012, 02:44 PM
I too am happy your staying around--so glad you made it to our MVVIII in Charlotte to enjoy the memories we all will keep forever--Tom

sailsmen
08-06-2012, 03:27 PM
The ignore list is your friend.
If I could only learn how to put myself on the ignore list and add myself as a friend this site would be awesome.;)

dohc324ci
08-06-2012, 03:52 PM
^^lol yes the truth. Don't tune in to those threads. Simple. In reality it ain't that deep....I love this country we can all have our own beliefs and view points its what makes us great. We have free will to choose.

MMBLUE
08-06-2012, 10:18 PM
I'm right there with you. I get sucked into the political :bs: threads too. For a few years here, I just ignored them. There are a few on here that really get the hair to stand up on the back of my neck.

Currently over here in AFG. I can see just how fortunate, blessed and every other discriptive adjective that you can think of how blessed I am to be living the the USA:flag:

So stick around and enjoy ;)

dohc324ci
08-06-2012, 10:44 PM
^^Thanks for your service it's people like you that give us the freedoms we enjoy.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." Ronald Regan

Cheers all!

tbone
08-06-2012, 11:33 PM
Revolution doesn't necessarily = McVeigh nut job violence. It can mean a lot of things. People want a revolution which means "change". Wall St. occupiers want "revolution". So does the Tea Party. We have not, and will not, see a shot fired. It's an EXPRESSION. (Although the Occupier people have shown a LOT of agression, whereas the Tea Party has shown none.) Take the posts with a grain of salt and go kiss your wife.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolution

guspech750
08-07-2012, 03:47 AM
So if revolution means = nut job.

People who are sick and tired of a government wronging them are nut jobs too? I'll take my chances with the nut jobs then.

Geesh. What were our forefathers thinking when they became tired of the British. What nut jobs.

Ignore function works wonders.

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

Bradley G
08-07-2012, 03:55 AM
he said nut job:P