PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Out

SC Cheesehead
08-08-2012, 05:22 AM
Dodge is dropping out of NASCAR.

Too bad, would rather see Dodge stay and Toyota go. JMHO...

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/08/07/source-says-dodge-to-ditch-nascar/?intcmp=features

Haggis
08-08-2012, 05:25 AM
Maybe they are making room for Honda or Hyundai?

SC Cheesehead
08-08-2012, 05:27 AM

Hmmmm, hadn't thought of that.

Maybe: http://www.smart.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/smart-content-Site/-/-/-/Default-Start/

:dunno:

DOOM
08-08-2012, 06:28 AM

Lmao!!! :rofl:

Vortex
08-08-2012, 06:31 AM
Its a bummer, they had already designed the new car that looks very close to the Charger (next year the cars will all look more like "real" cars) but I guess Penske moving to Ford was the last straw. Petty should have moved back to Dodge where he is supposed to be IMHO.

Haggis
08-08-2012, 07:15 AM
Well since Dodge is owned by Fiat there were only two American car companies involved anyway.

Ozark Marauder
08-08-2012, 07:47 AM
Well since Dodge is owned by Fiat there were only two American car companies involved anyway.

Fiat = Failed Italian Automotive Technology. I know I had a 124 Spyder when I was in High School, kept it about a month........:shake:

OZ

RF Overlord
08-08-2012, 02:40 PM
Last I saw, the National Association for STOCK CAR Auto Racing was nothing of the sort. Million-dollar tube chassis, 2 million dollar engines, and one-piece fibreglass bodies that vaguely resemble some sort of generic vehicle are WAY beyond the original intent of the sport. It's morphed into the Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks.

As far as I'm concerned, Hyundai, Toyota, and Honda can have it...

SC Cheesehead
08-08-2012, 03:55 PM
Last I saw, the National Association for STOCK CAR Auto Racing was nothing of the sort. Million-dollar tube chassis, 2 million dollar engines, and one-piece fibreglass bodies that vaguely resemble some sort of generic vehicle are WAY beyond the original intent of the sport. It's morphed into the Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks.

Nope, bodies are still metal (thin gauge aluminum), but you're pretty much correct on everything else, Bob.

BCMARAUDING
08-08-2012, 04:12 PM
What a joke, what can Dodge expect when they throw less than everyone else in racing R&D. SRT8 Chief Ralph Gills didn't seem too happy in an interview for carbuzz....

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2012/8/7/Dodge-Pulling-out-of-NASCAR-7710168/

RF Overlord is right NASCAR isn't what it used to be.......just ask Parnelli Jones.

SC Cheesehead
08-08-2012, 04:18 PM
What a joke, what can Dodge expect when they throw less than everyone else in racing R&D. SRT8 Chief Ralph Gills didn't seem too happy in an interview for carbuzz....

http://www.carbuzz.com/news/2012/8/7/Dodge-Pulling-out-of-NASCAR-7710168/

RF Overlord is right NASCAR isn't what it used to be.......just ask Parnelli Jones.

I still watch it, but my interest continues to wane. As the older drivers retired (or died off), the racing got kinda boring.

Bluerauder
08-08-2012, 04:25 PM

I was thinking Kia and Nissan. :D

FastMerc
08-08-2012, 06:34 PM
NASCAR is in for a slow death as far as I am concerned. It was talked about back in feb that Dodge may go.They let another import in,just call it IMSA! Ha Ha... :D

boatmangc
08-08-2012, 06:52 PM
Story I read in Honda is moving in.

Zim Hosein
08-08-2012, 07:37 PM

I used to watch NASCAR when I was young, way back when, but as I got older and NASCAR changed like you posted RF, I got into F1 and haven't looked back since. IMO, it takes way more skill to drive a F1 car and at least they don't try to pretend to be "stock cars." :)

MyBlackBeasts
08-08-2012, 07:51 PM

No, Yugo! :D

FastMerc
08-08-2012, 07:53 PM
Like I said IMSA...:P

SC Cheesehead
08-09-2012, 04:25 AM

Like I said IMSA...:P

That happens, and I'm :run:

Haggis
08-09-2012, 05:09 AM
Japanese Auto Racing in North America = JARNA

SC Cheesehead
08-09-2012, 06:08 AM
Japanese Auto Racing in North America = JARNA

Japanese Association for Ricer Car Auto Racing = JARCAR

Vortex
08-09-2012, 06:40 AM
Yeah, I miss the old days with "real" cars, to me they got away from that when they let Ford run a rwd Taurus back in the late 80's and since then its been a spec series. Dont know if anyone here has seen the 2013 cars but they do look a bunch more like the real thing (minus back doors of course). I think NASCAR should tell the manufacturers that they have to run totally stock bodies with no modifications, no aftermarket spoilers, wings ect (though those flip open vents are a good thing and are not really visible). I have no problems with the new car underneath really, they are so much safer than the old ones. I still remember watching live when JD McDuffie bought it at Watkins Glen in 90 or 91. Forcing the use of stock bodies would make manufacturers build more aerodynamic cars too. To fix NASCAR then:
1. stock bodies
2. no more bogus "chase"; whoever wins, wins
3. no more top 35, you qualify on speed
4. get rid of one (1) race each at Loudon and Kansas
5. add Laguna Seca
6. add a one mile dirt track
7. two (2) car team maximum
8. demand Ford sponsor the Wood Bros for a full racing season!

SC Cheesehead
08-09-2012, 07:01 AM
Yeah, I miss the old days with "real" cars, to me they got away from that when they let Ford run a rwd Taurus back in the late 80's and since then its been a spec series. Dont know if anyone here has seen the 2013 cars but they do look a bunch more like the real thing (minus back doors of course). I think NASCAR should tell the manufacturers that they have to run totally stock bodies with no modifications, no aftermarket spoilers, wings ect (though those flip open vents are a good thing and are not really visible). I have no problems with the new car underneath really, they are so much safer than the old ones. I still remember watching live when JD McDuffie bought it at Watkins Glen in 90 or 91. Forcing the use of stock bodies would make manufacturers build more aerodynamic cars too. To fix NASCAR then:
1. stock bodies
2. no more bogus "chase"; whoever wins, wins
3. no more top 35, you qualify on speed
4. get rid of one (1) race each at Loudon and Kansas
5. add Laguna Seca
6. add a one mile dirt track
7. two (2) car team maximum
8. demand Ford sponsor the Wood Bros for a full racing season!

Would like to see the above three revisions, for sure, the others would be a refreshing change as well.

rayjay
08-09-2012, 07:44 AM
If you think about it, the only series I'm aware of using cars similiar to street cars is Can-Am. Even on the D.I.R.T. circuit the modifeds have no resemblance to anything you can buy off the shelf. The "street stocks" are tubed chassis and fiberglass or aluminum bodied. Only the pure stocks are actual modified factory cars. I pretty much lost interest in NASCAR when they went to the COT. Its been a long time since I went to a NASCAR race.

TFB
08-09-2012, 08:00 AM
So Dodge is out mehhh, Ski is gonna kick ass next year in a Ford!!! Maybe I'm wrong but I'll bet he's going to be the next Cup champ, if not this year next for sure... Been watching him since he dumped Edwards at Talladega to take the win back in '09, he's smart and has the fire... Too bad he ain't one of the good ole boys from the southeast, I'm still gonna wear his hat though...

SC Cheesehead
08-09-2012, 09:57 AM
So Dodge is out mehhh, Ski is gonna kick ass next year in a Ford!!! Maybe I'm wrong but I'll bet he's going to be the next Cup champ, if not this year next for sure... Been watching him since he dumped Edwards at Talladega to take the win back in '09, he's smart and has the fire... Too bad he ain't one of the good ole boys from the southeast, I'm still gonna wear his hat though...

Them's fytin' werds, bubba, I's a Edwards fan.... ;) ------> :D

TFB
08-09-2012, 10:12 AM

My condolences...

Tels yo bo stay from in front of Keselowski, won't be no problem... :P

Since the chances of the Wood Brothers running full time are slim & none, I'd like to see Bayne get the #22 ride next year... I could root for both Penske cars...

SC Cheesehead
08-09-2012, 10:15 AM
My condolences...

Tels yo bo stay from in front of Keselowski, won't be no problem... :P

Since the chances of the Wood Brothers running full time are slim & none, I'd like to see Bayne get the #22 ride next year... I could root for both Penske cars...

True, that!

BTW, I like Ski, will do even more so next year when Penske goes to Fords.

guspech750
08-09-2012, 11:19 AM
NAS whaaaa?

Would rather watch two ants have sex.

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

TFB
08-09-2012, 11:36 AM
NAS whaaaa?

Would rather watch two ants have sex.

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

Are those your ants??? I think all mine are too old for sex...

SC Cheesehead
08-09-2012, 12:00 PM
Are those your aunts??? I think all mine are too old for sex...

Fixed it! :D

FastMerc
08-09-2012, 06:15 PM
Lets see, NASCAR = N ot A nother S tupid C ircle A sian R acecar lol :P

TFB
08-11-2012, 03:01 PM

Yo bo dun won up at the Glen in Nationwide, even beat my boy (1-2 finish)...

Look out tomorrow, we'll be gunnin' for that 99...