PDA

View Full Version : Take THAT Doomie!

Papillon
08-10-2012, 06:53 PM
Soooo... Paul stumbled upon a cheap, high mileage Marauder that he decided to take under his wing. So before we start parting it out, we decided to have some fun with it.

Not only did I get to drive the... A... Marauder for the very first time, but I also did my very first burn out in it!

Doom, I'd say you have some competition :coolman:

5pgr4xo0S_c&feature=plcp

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e174/sfb79/cb759c6a.jpg

I'm as happy as a pig in ****znit right now and have a grin from ear to ear :D

Papillon
08-10-2012, 06:55 PM
And of course, I had to give Paul his chance on the merry-go-round :D

n7Ipsy4g7dg&feature

CWright
08-10-2012, 06:57 PM
:popcorn::popcorn: :high5:

slickster
08-10-2012, 07:05 PM
Part it out? Dibs on headlights if there good

RF Overlord
08-10-2012, 07:06 PM
So before we start parting it out, Dibs on the floor mats!

Papillon
08-10-2012, 07:10 PM
THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT THE PARTS PEOPLE! IT'S ABOUT MY FIRST BURNOUUUT!!! :bigcry: :D

:lol:

Lolol! J/k... Once Paul takes a good look through all the parts, he'll start a thread as to what's available. I can tell you this right now... the floor mats looked terrible!

PonyUP
08-10-2012, 07:20 PM
THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT THE PARTS PEOPLE! IT'S ABOUT MY FIRST BURNOUUUT!!! :bigcry: :D

:lol:

Lolol! J/k... Once Paul takes a good look through all the parts, he'll start a thread as to what's available. I can tell you this right now... the floor mats looked terrible!

First burnout?????? I have one question, what on earth have you been waiting for?

The Ice Bucket Approves of this message

JoeBoomz
08-10-2012, 07:27 PM
Gauge pod? :)

Papillon
08-10-2012, 07:30 PM
First burnout?????? I have one question, what on earth have you been waiting for?

Oh I dunno.... Doing a burnout in my Sonata or my current front wheel drive Focus just doesn't have the same "cool" factor as a Marauder :rolleyes:. lol

btvollmuth
08-10-2012, 07:41 PM
Dibs not on the transmission after that.

guspech750
08-10-2012, 07:47 PM
Awesome. So full of WIN!! :burnout:

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

MrBluGruv
08-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Sorry to derail the thread again, but if the car is even functioning, why part it out?

Far be it from me to question what you do with what's yours, but it just seems sad to fully decommission another of a dying breed. :(

Best of luck regardless, and nicely done for a first burnout!

Mr. Man
08-10-2012, 08:28 PM
:eek:WTF are you parting it out for? Why not fix whatever's broke and you can have your very own MM too. Or is it terminal? Looks like a good body. So what's the skinny here?:dunno:
Nice rookie burnout V. :burnout:

Ladyhawke
08-10-2012, 09:34 PM
:woohoo:

Very nice Voula!!

:banana2:

Granddaddy Marq
08-11-2012, 01:38 AM

The Ice Bucket Approves of this message

Maybe a 22 year old guy in a kilt?:rolleyes:

Bigdogjim
08-11-2012, 01:58 AM
Nice work, great burnout:up:

Ms. Denmark
08-11-2012, 04:05 AM
Hard to clearly see, but the car looks to be in fairly good shape body-wise. You can't keep it in one piece and drive it?

Blackened300a
08-11-2012, 04:28 AM
Hard to clearly see, but the car looks to be in fairly good shape body-wise. You can't keep it in one piece and drive it?

It's in terminal condition, the videos hide a lot of hurt. The engine is hurt, #7 has 30psi of compression and the other cylinders are all under 110 psi. I spent the entire day yesterday trying everything to make it run somewhat decent with coils, plugs, vacuum leak test then the compression test pretty much confirmed that it's spent. The body has numerous scratches and rust so a engine plus body work and a entire paint job makes such a big investment not worth it. At that point I can buy a clean strong running car that needs nothing. My plans for the car are to part it out so members have parts for thier running cars and I wanna use the engine as a educational tool to learn more about breaking this engine down and how to degree cams so I can offer this to members and even do it to my own engine. ;)

I figured I would break Voula into the Marauder world in one that she wouldn't have to fear putting the tiniest scratch in and with half the power. ;)

Ms. Denmark
08-11-2012, 04:40 AM
It's in terminal condition, the videos hide a lot of hurt. The engine is hurt, #7 has 30psi of compression and the other cylinders are all under 110 psi. I spent the entire day yesterday trying everything to make it run somewhat decent with coils, plugs, vacuum leak test then the compression test pretty much confirmed that it's spent. The body has numerous scratches and rust so a engine plus body work and a entire paint job makes such a big investment not worth it. At that point I can buy a clean strong running car that needs nothing. My plans for the car are to part it out so members have parts for thier running cars and I wanna use the engine as a educational tool to learn more about breaking this engine down and how to degree cams so I can offer this to members and even do it to my own engine. ;)

I figured I would break Voula into the Marauder world in one that she wouldn't have to fear putting the tiniest scratch in and with half the power. ;)
Thanks. Gotcha, Paul! Voula did a nice job on the burn out!! :beer:

wickedmerc
08-11-2012, 05:24 AM
Soooo... Paul stumbled upon a cheap, high mileage Marauder that he decided to take under his wing. So before we start parting it out, we decided to have some fun with it.

Not only did I get to drive the... A... Marauder for the very first time, but I also did my very first burn out in it!

Doom, I'd say you have some competition :coolman:

5pgr4xo0S_c&feature=plcp

I'm as happy as a pig in ****znit right now and have a grin from ear to ear :D

:2thumbs: Atta girl!!

HammerDown
08-11-2012, 05:29 AM

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! You GO Girl!!!!!

ctrlraven
08-11-2012, 06:01 AM
Good job Vou! Now if Paul really loves you he will let you do a burnout in his car next. LOL

Curless
08-11-2012, 08:24 AM
I know this statement is worthless without a video or a pic but if you guys think that these are good burn outs I can't wait for Marauderville X.....These are poor excuses for burnouts! The last time I did one in front of my shop it caused two Grand Rapids fire trucks to show up and check to see if my shop was burning down!!!! That being said, I have no proof....typical keyboard jockey huh???

Is there a trunk organizer in there??? I need a lid!

Ms. Denmark
08-11-2012, 08:28 AM
It's her FIRST one....and she doesn't even own a Marauder (yet)! Just wait........:flamer::D

Papillon
08-11-2012, 08:29 AM
I know this statement is worthless without a video or a pic but if you guys think that these are good burn outs I can't wait for Marauderville X.....These are poor excuses for burnouts! The last time I did one in front of my shop it caused two Grand Rapids fire trucks to show up and check to see if my shop was burning down!!!! That being said, I have no proof....typical keyboard jockey huh???

You're right. It is worthless.

THAT being said... there is no trunk organizer.

Papillon
08-11-2012, 08:35 AM
To Chris, Joe, Chris, Jim, Paula, Doug, Connie and Chris: THANKS GUYS!!!

:beer:

Papillon
08-11-2012, 08:37 AM
It's her FIRST one....and she doesn't even own a Marauder (yet)! Just wait........:flamer::D

It's alright Paula, even if I never get to do a burnout again, I was happy with it and happy it was done with a Marauder :banana:

Ms. Denmark
08-11-2012, 08:44 AM
It's alright Paula, even if I never get to do a burnout again, I was happy with it and happy it was done with a Marauder :banana: Having never done one in my Marauder (Eric has) I am impressed by yours!:bows: Way to go Girlfriend!!!

Joe Walsh
08-11-2012, 08:46 AM
JEEEEZ!

Paul finally gets you your own Marauder......

Then promptly parts it out!!!

As they say down South: "That aint right"

BTW: I've never seen a burnout done with the engine idling!....:P

Part the carpet fibers with the go pedal baby!

Blackened300a
08-11-2012, 08:50 AM
It's in terminal condition, the videos hide a lot of hurt. The engine is hurt, #7 has 30psi of compression and the other cylinders are all under 110 psi. I spent the entire day yesterday trying everything to make it run somewhat decent with coils, plugs, vacuum leak test then the compression test pretty much confirmed that it's spent.

Read my post. This engine is so tired that it needed soap on the tires to get them to break. My 300A is a different story. :burnout:

Btw good luck on finding a lid, even if it had a organizer I wouldn't sell just a lid.

Papillon
08-11-2012, 08:50 AM
JEEEEZ!

Paul finally gets you your own Marauder......

Then promptly parts it out!!!

As they say down South: "That aint right"

BTW: I've never seen a burnout done with the engine idling!....:P

Part the carpet fibers with the go pedal baby!

Hahahaaaa!!!!

I know! Paul's a juurk :depress:

KIDDING!!! :D

Curless
08-11-2012, 08:55 AM
O.K., I did not read correctly, so I did not realize that it was her first burn out...but even DOOM's videos of late are not that impressive....lets see one destroying a brand new set of tires!!!!!!! SMOKE, tons and tons of smoke!!!!!!!!! I know....I'll shut up....it never happens without a video....darn I wish I could stop trying to get a fire under everyone...I gotta figure out how to convert an old tape video to digital...it was St Ignace car show in like 2001 or so, me in my 91 blown Stang and a new set of BF G's.....well, they were new!

Curless
08-11-2012, 08:57 AM
Read my post. This engine is so tired that it needed soap on the tires to get them to break. My 300A is a different story. :burnout:

Btw good luck on finding a lid, even if it had a organizer I wouldn't sell just a lid.

LOL!I know, just love to get people going! Is it time to go to Gingerman yet???? Is it time to have a burn out contest at MVX?????

Yeah I know I am going to have to buy the whole organizer to get the lids...I guess it is what it is!

ctrlraven
08-11-2012, 08:58 AM

Soap? LOL

Silicone tire shine or bleach for a big smoke show.

Papillon
08-11-2012, 08:58 AM
O.K., I did not read correctly, so I did not realize that it was her first burn out...but even DOOM's videos of late are not that impressive....lets see one destroying a brand new set of tires!!!!!!! SMOKE, tons and tons of smoke!!!!!!!!! I know....I'll shut up....it never happens without a video....darn I wish I could stop trying to get a fire under everyone...I gotta figure out how to convert an old tape video to digital...it was St Ignace car show in like 2001 or so, me in my 91 blown Stang and a new set of BF G's.....well, they were new!

I'll tell ya what... come to Carlisle next year... They have a burnout contest. Enter it, WIN and show us ALL how it's done. How 'bout that?

Curless
08-11-2012, 09:04 AM
Love to, any car? Or is it specific? I promise if I am going to do a burn out you will NOT be disappointed!!!!

The wife has to come to MVX on Friday, so she is driving our Impala down...I may have to grab a second set of tires so we can get a good video! I would do it in the MM but the brakes are so good that the engine can't over come them once they get hot! And our Impala is not in near as nice of condition as our MM so if the tires blow I won't feel too badly about the quarter panels!:eek:

Go2GuyFL
08-11-2012, 09:16 AM
Does the rear window defroster work? Need to replace ours in the SB.

Papillon
08-11-2012, 09:29 AM
Love to, any car? Or is it specific? I promise if I am going to do a burn out you will NOT be disappointed!!!!

The wife has to come to MVX on Friday, so she is driving our Impala down...I may have to grab a second set of tires so we can get a good video! I would do it in the MM but the brakes are so good that the engine can't over come them once they get hot! And our Impala is not in near as nice of condition as our MM so if the tires blow I won't feel too badly about the quarter panels!:eek:

You talk a big game buddy.

Let me explain something to you, I didn't start this thread looking for competition. The reference made to Doom was in jest and I'm sure he knows that. Anyone that knows me on here and who has met me, knows my love for this car so getting to drive one for the first time and do my first burn out in one meant a LOT.

I'm never claimed mine was the best, but I, for one, was proud of it.

Curless
08-11-2012, 10:04 AM
You talk a big game buddy.

Let me explain something to you, I didn't start this thread looking for competition. The reference made to Doom was in jest and I'm sure he knows that. Anyone that knows me on here and who has met me, knows my love for this car so getting to drive one for the first time and do my first burn out in one meant a LOT.

I'm never claimed mine was the best, but I, for one, was proud of it.

Take it easy, I already stated I love to stir the pot. I'm not that well known here yet but I assure you its all in fun! Just trying to get some sibling rivalry going before MVX, not trying to become enemies...

My buddy found the old video from St. Ignace, now get it from him and convert it to digital...

justbob
08-11-2012, 10:23 AM
Soapy water! FAIL on you!

J/K!!! Looks like you already know how to spank dat azz! :)

Good girl! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Papillon
08-11-2012, 10:27 AM
Soapy water! FAIL on you!

J/K!!! Looks like you already know how to spank dat azz! :)

Good girl! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lolol! Thanks Bob :)

FastMerc
08-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Well girls can smokem if they gotem, way to go! Well at least Paul will have some spare body parts now...

Krytin
08-11-2012, 02:57 PM
Nice work Voula!

boatmangc
08-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Nice,
I can honestly say I have been proud of every burnout I have ever done, ever.
And every time I chirped second gear too.
You go girl!

rayjay
08-12-2012, 09:53 AM
Way to go Voula! I could easily tell that engine was not right. How's the lower front facia? I won't drive mine at night due to number of forest rats here.

Papillon
08-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Thanks Boatmangc & Ray!!

Ray, Paul's at the shop now tearing it down and going over everything. I personally can't remember what kind condition it was in.

rayjay
08-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Thanks Boatmangc & Ray!!

Ray, Paul's at the shop now tearing it down and going over everything. I personally can't remember what kind condition it was in.

Thanks Vou. He should probably hang onto it just in case.

Blackened300a
08-12-2012, 09:53 PM
Thanks Vou. He should probably hang onto it just in case.

What parts you need ray? Most of the front clip is in good shape. The only things I'm keeping is the rear bumper cover and some small clips and stuff I was missing.

rayjay
08-13-2012, 07:39 AM
What parts you need ray? Most of the front clip is in good shape. The only things I'm keeping is the rear bumper cover and some small clips and stuff I was missing.

Nothing really. Thanks for offering Paul. The insurance companies are totalling them if the lower front facia gets taken out due to it no longer being available. Thats the reason I won't drive mine at night. For that matter, its barely used, $4.21+ for 93.... :mad2:Heh, we've put 7500 miles on the Sorrento since May1st. The MPG keeps improving too, 24.5-25 around here. Its not the MM, but the bite out of my wallet is a lot less. I'm lucky to get 17mpg with the MM around here. The Lincoln sits most of the time too for the same reason, it gets 18mpg. The cross over can do it all, has more room and much cheaper to operate. :shake:

SC Cheesehead
08-13-2012, 07:40 AM
PM sent.
---------------------

Mr. Man
08-13-2012, 10:45 AM
Voula don't sweat it. Both you and Doomie do decent enough burnouts for a couple of girls. To do a real burn out you need a T...:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXupDHFgeok