PDA

View Full Version : A ghost story?

rayjay
08-12-2012, 10:38 AM
I know I haven't posted much lately, but I thought I'd put this one out there. Some here are aware that I live in very old home, with at least two ghosts. One is a family member who is a practical joker, but yesterday just went too far.
I was getting ready to go to a "shooting party" I was deciding what to take. I toyed with taking a S&W revolver that everyone drools over. I was loading my equipment upstairs. I could not find that revolver. I litterly tore apart any place it could be and ended up almost an hour late to the party when I should have been a hour early. All its accutruments were present. I was almost beside myself.
When I arrived home I told my wife. We started looking again, for almost an hour. I said out loud "this isn't funny, bring that gun back, NOW!" Less than two minutes later Arleen found it on the living room coffee table in plain site... This is not something you could have overlooked where it was found, in fact my daughter had set a plate of food in that spot a couple hours before. The revolver could not have been missed had it been there.
We have had any number things like this happen over the 18 years we've lived here, but nothing as serious as taking a firearm. I can assure you I am the only person in the house who has access to the safe.
I'm contemplating calling our Pastor for help. This is not acceptable and dangerous.

For those that don't believe, you would if you've seen and experienced the things I have. None of us are afraid because we know who these spirits are, but that was way over the line.
For those that do not know me, I am a retired 34 year veteran LEO. Former Captain.
Ideas?

Ms. Denmark
08-12-2012, 11:06 AM
Ray, IIRC ghosts can't harm you. Tell them they are dead and need to move on. At least that's the advice one hears on this subject....:)

PonyUP
08-12-2012, 11:06 AM
Wow Ray

That is scary dangerous. I think your on the right track talking to your priest.

It's only funny until a spirit jacks a gun only to leave it on a coffee table

Freaky stuff, good luck

The Ice Bucket Approves of this message

SC Cheesehead
08-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Wow!

Don't know if I could stay in a house with ghosts, kinda scary. Can priests exorcise homes? (not trying to be cute, just don't know enough about that stuff.)

On another note: You may want to consider moving, and can make a suggestion if you'd like... ;)

rayjay
08-12-2012, 12:41 PM
Thanks guys. I'm thinking along the lines of just asking Father to come and gently persuade my wife's great aunt and uncle to move on to the light. I was hoping that would happen when her aunt died last year, but its obvious it didn't. We are not the only ones she visits. :shake: Her own daughter "tossed" her out of her home.

I have a whole litney of stories I could tell you...

Ladyhawke
08-12-2012, 03:31 PM
Don't do anything to piss them off, the priest is a quack, they are family as you say. You told him/them they went to far and they returned your revolver, good. What would you do if it was a family member that was alive? Sit down and have a conversation then give them/him and then a nice shot of bourbon and make friends. Better to have them/him on your side then not. Better idea ask them to go next store and harass your dirtbag neighbors.

~Haggis

rayjay
08-12-2012, 06:41 PM
I wish they would go next door, but I don't think it works that way. I had the house blessed when things got bad in the mid 90s and it quieted down. Then when Brittany was born, very little activity at all for years. I have no idea why both of them have not crossed over. Just to bug me I guess because I tore out everythng they did. It may be the third spirit we've seen evidence of, but I doubt it. She is a 7-8 year old girl that died in the house about 100 years ago. She is not very active. May not even be here anymore. I'll see what happens over the next few days.

guspech750
08-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Wow. Just wow.

Don't have any advice, but I would enjoy "Story Time with Ray".

Do tell.

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

Spectragod
08-12-2012, 08:23 PM
Wow. Just wow.

Do tell.

Sent from my iPhone

Story time would be fun, a night or 2 in his house would be equally good.

Haggis
08-13-2012, 04:28 AM
Ray, little girl between 7 -8 yrs old, I thought by federal law you had to stay away? J/K

Forget the bourbon and put out some cookies and milk, better to make friends then to make them mad.

Joe Walsh
08-13-2012, 06:10 AM
That is weird Ray!

Glad that the gun 'was returned' to you.

BTW: I have the same thing happen in our house....except with open bottles of beer that go missing!
When I ask out loud: "this isn't funny, bring that BEER back, NOW!"
It quickly shows up somewhere in plain sight.....only it is always empty!.........:P

rayjay
08-13-2012, 07:25 AM
Story time would be fun, a night or 2 in his house would be equally good.

Only if you brought some kind of equipment. The activity is generally infrequent and stops if I get angry about it. Which always led us to believe it was my wifes great uncle. We believe the little girl is long gone. No evidence of her in probably a dozen years. She just played with my daughter's toys and was seen only once. I dunno, if it gets worse, something will have to be done.
Just what I need, more problems. I see the orthopedic surgeon this week. :rolleyes:

rayjay
08-13-2012, 07:28 AM
Wow. Just wow.

Do tell.

Sent from my iPhone

I can take you to a house about a half mile from me that can not be lived in or even on the property. Poltergeist due to a suicide 50+ years ago. Somebody cuts the lawn weekly and then gets the hell out.

SC Cheesehead
08-13-2012, 07:46 AM
That is weird Ray!

Glad that the gun 'was returned' to you.

BTW: I have the same thing happen in our house....except with open bottles of beer that go missing!
When I ask out loud: "this isn't funny, bring that BEER back, NOW!"
It quickly shows up somewhere in plain sight.....only it is always empty!.........:P

DANG Joe!

I've got the same issues at my place....

rayjay
08-13-2012, 07:52 AM
DANG Joe!

I've got the same issues at my place....

Ya that happens here too and on occaision they open a second one for me before I finished the 1st. :D

SC Cheesehead
08-13-2012, 07:57 AM
Ya that happens here too and on occaision they open a second one for me before I finished the 1st. :D

Really? Talk to Joe about this, he may be interested in a swap... ;)