From the stang
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdOnjITN9lc
pdOnjITN9lc

From the ZR1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPl7n_ftE2Q
dPl7n_ftE2Q

LANDY
08-16-2012, 06:49 AM
Them coyotes are killing them out there.

breeze
08-16-2012, 06:54 AM
I don't think he knows how to drive the Vette. 40 mph roll you should know Tue gear you wanna be in if you know your car

LANDY
08-16-2012, 07:04 AM
I don't think he knows how to drive the Vette. 40 mph roll you should know Tue gear you wanna be in if you know your car what are you talking about? The guy in the vette was banging them gears.

BODYMAN
08-16-2012, 07:05 AM
This is why I have been debating very hard of going into one of these beasts. With a TT kit these Coyotes are almost unstoppable. 12's N/A with a few bolts ons? Nuff said

jflave
08-16-2012, 07:26 AM
Nice & the Coyote becomes the hunter. :)

DOOM
08-16-2012, 09:06 AM
Damn!!! :eek:

breeze
08-16-2012, 04:36 PM
what are you talking about? The guy in the vette was banging them gears.

Yea he was but you should know the gear you wanna be in. Went thru couple gears before figuring out the gear he wanted. " don't wanna be any lower then first gear...no ill try 1st gear...yea I'll stay iin this gear"

LANDY
08-16-2012, 05:19 PM
Yea he was but you should know the gear you wanna be in. Went thru couple gears before figuring out the gear he wanted. " don't wanna be any lower then first gear...no ill try 1st gear...yea I'll stay iin this gear" lol it sounded like the passenger couldn't keep his mouth shut.

OneBADLsE
08-16-2012, 08:44 PM
LOL that would definitely be something I would do during the video: Giggle and repeatedly say "OH SHTTT!!!"

Drewstang
08-17-2012, 10:53 AM
You know these engines have nearly the same external dimensions as a 4.6 DOHC. In fact, all the mounting locations are the exact same as the 4.6. One of these in a Marauder with a turbo would be awesome.

Joe Walsh
08-18-2012, 08:57 AM
More Coyote Wail!
More Chevy Fail!

FORD 5.0....best engine on the market.

If Mustangs weren't so gosh damned common, I'd have sold my Marauder and be driving around in a Orange/Black Laguna Seca BOSS!

I was in awe of the Shelby GT500s until I wen't to a few car shows this summer and saw SO MANY GT500 Shelbys.....:snore:
They are as numerous as Honda Accords.

ImpalaSlayer
08-18-2012, 09:51 AM
This is why I have been debating very hard of going into one of these beasts. With a TT kit these Coyotes are almost unstoppable. 12's N/A with a few bolts ons? Nuff said

what are you waiting for? youll love it! after having this coyote, i dont miss the mm at all. the seats are more comfortable, having a manual is much more fun. i only have a few complaints about mine

1. the dumbass 1-4 shift thing. it can be turned off with a tune, but then the warranty is void

2. excessive wheel hop, sure this can also be fixed, but in stock form on dry pavement, it wants to hop like crazy if you get on it from a dig, WOT is unusable from a dig, you gotta roll into it.

3. very minor, but i wish they put reverse over next to 6th and not 1st.

and 4. the windshield ALWAYS fogs up with any moisture in the air, i have no idea why its so bad in this car but it is rather annoying to always have to run the defroster on hot in the summer mornings

guspech750
08-18-2012, 09:56 AM
[B][SIZE="5"]

I was in awe of the Shelby GT500s until I wen't to a few car shows this summer and saw SO MANY GT500 Shelbys.....:snore:
They are as numerous as Honda Accords.

Hence why my wife wants a Saleen or Roush. Plus they look better than the Shelby.

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

BODYMAN
08-18-2012, 10:39 AM
what are you waiting for? youll love it! after having this coyote, i dont miss the mm at all. the seats are more comfortable, having a manual is much more fun. i only have a few complaints about mine

1. the dumbass 1-4 shift thing. it can be turned off with a tune, but then the warranty is void

2. excessive wheel hop, sure this can also be fixed, but in stock form on dry pavement, it wants to hop like crazy if you get on it from a dig, WOT is unusable from a dig, you gotta roll into it.

and 4. the windshield ALWAYS fogs up with any moisture in the air, i have no idea why its so bad in this car but it is rather annoying to always have to run the defroster on hot in the summer mornings

Sounds like minor issues to me Dave! Although I would go fo the auto w/Stall there saying these auto trans in them can handle 700rwhp in stock form no problem. Only draw back for me is having 2 little kids! As for warranty? LOL I have voided warrantys on more then 1 new vehicle Id be willing to gamble on that. That Twin Turbo kit that the one company in Fla offers is plain badass. If I do buy one it will get one of these within a few months of buying it http://twinturbo50.com/

ImpalaSlayer
08-18-2012, 10:56 AM
Sounds like minor issues to me Dave! Although I would go fo the auto w/Stall there saying these auto trans in them can handle 700rwhp in stock form no problem. Only draw back for me is having 2 little kids! As for warranty? LOL I have voided warrantys on more then 1 new vehicle Id be willing to gamble on that. That Twin Turbo kit that the one company in Fla offers is plain badass. If I do buy one it will get one of these within a few months of buying it http://twinturbo50.com/

well if you can afford to run with no warranty, def go for it.

Juice
08-18-2012, 11:08 AM

1. Not necessarily. The warranty will only be void if an issue comes up that was caused by the tune. Pre-existing defects will still be covered, so you'd only be out if the tune broke something. The canned tunes (like Steeda) are pretty conservative, so the odds of this happening are very low.

2. Control arms, easy day!

3. Funny you say that because I actually like it where it is. On the subject though, the stock shifter is one of the weakest links in this car, an MCA shifter will set you back $300, but I've heard it is definitely worth the price. I've been considering this for my next mod on the 5.0 (as well as control arms).

4. Stop mouth breathing. :P

BODYMAN
08-18-2012, 01:48 PM
well if you can afford to run with no warranty, def go for it.

I wouldnt say I could easily afford it but would be willing to gamble + being a department head for last decade at large Ford dealer is a little help. Besides if would affect driveline not susp,electrical those sort of things.

2,4shofast
08-18-2012, 01:53 PM
That is a bad ass set up! Damn that thing moves!

ImpalaSlayer
08-19-2012, 11:10 AM
1. Not necessarily. The warranty will only be void if an issue comes up that was caused by the tune. Pre-existing defects will still be covered, so you'd only be out if the tune broke something. The canned tunes (like Steeda) are pretty conservative, so the odds of this happening are very low.

im honestly content with the stock tune so ill just shift to 3rd or rev it past the 1>4 shift. ive herd you can unplug the solenoid too with no adverse affect on anything else, the "1>4 shift" text will still appear on the cluster but the little "gate" will not be engaged in the trans.

2. Control arms, easy day!

yeah i know, i got some other projects to finish up before i can touch the stang.

3. Funny you say that because I actually like it where it is. On the subject though, the stock shifter is one of the weakest links in this car, an MCA shifter will set you back $300, but I've heard it is definitely worth the price. I've been considering this for my next mod on the 5.0 (as well as control arms).

i too will also be going with another shifter if for nothing else then shape. i dont like the stock leather wrapped odd ball shape of the stocker.

4. Stop mouth breathing. :P
LOL i never do really, i duno wtf the deal is with it.

answered...

96gt4.6
01-09-2016, 09:03 AM
One of these in a Marauder with a turbo would be awesome.

Your wish is my command sir!

Nothing like a little necro-thread revival :banana:

Vortech347
01-09-2016, 09:55 AM
I'd still rather have the vette.

96gt4.6
01-09-2016, 10:41 AM
I'd still rather have the vette.

I agree! Although I do enjoy what Mercury did with these ole girls, the Vette's styling and boldness, always command respect!

Drewstang
01-10-2016, 03:42 PM
Your wish is my command sir!

Nothing like a little necro-thread revival :banana:

I have a good idea every once in a while.