PDA

View Full Version : What would you do if you won the lotto?

05GM123
08-16-2012, 07:48 PM
So I was talking to a trucker at work today and we got talking about the lottery and how it can be healthy to dream about stuff like that happening to you. We both talked about stuff we would like to do and I gathered this from the convo + some.

So my plan would be:

Big 1 story house with:
-pool/game room
-indoor pool
-4-5 bedrooms (friends can stay over/for the future)
-large living room
-.....standard stuff in a house along
-2 car garage (Mach 1 and the GF's car)

Also would have a separate 3 car garage that would house:
6.2L Raptor and 2 Marauders:
-1 04 MM w/ 5.0 stroker along with twin 59mm turbos and all supporting mods
-1 04 MM w/ 5.3 stroker along with a F1A Procharger and all supporting mods

I would switch between dailying the Raptor and my Mach 1 (thing would be too sentimental to keep if I won the lotto)

That's the basic rundown that I thought I would probably do.
Anyone else ever thought about it?

IwantmyMMnow!
08-16-2012, 08:08 PM
Not say a word to anyone or buy a thing until after my divorce is final...:lol:

Actually, I would help my kids, my family, and a few close friends become 'financially secure', then take a trip to the UK and play all the golf courses out there. Visit Finland since that's where my ancestry is at and just tour most/all of Europe on the whole for a couple of months. Maybe go to Japan and SE Asia too since I've never been there. Invest at least half of my 'winnings' to secure myself as well. 3-4% interest on $10,000 won't get you much, but 3-4% on $10M+ will.

05GM123
08-16-2012, 08:12 PM
Yeah, I actually told all my friends I would probably give them like 25k and I would definitely give my parents a couple mill so my dad could retire...he deserves it. He worked like 80-120 hour work weeks when he first opened his business and while he has gotten it more under control and been able to hire help, he still works a good 60-70.

Also, I think you could get a place to give you more than 4%.....when your talking tens of millions, banks and such will be fighting each other to try to get ahold of your money

whitey
08-16-2012, 08:47 PM
anything i wanted to......

MOTOWN
08-16-2012, 10:10 PM
After i came to i would keep my damn mouth shut and live the good simple life!

Blackened300a
08-16-2012, 11:51 PM
Take care of my parents, take care of my sister and then just say take care as I pack up and get the hell out of NYC!
I would keep my marauder, get a raptor to tow my boat and a Saleen S7 just to show off.

guspech750
08-17-2012, 02:48 AM
I'd give it to my uncle Sam so others don't have to work and I can continue to work.

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

Mebot
08-17-2012, 03:00 AM
i'd pay off my current debt & then invest the rest wisely & make it grow. All too often you hear about folks winning the lottery & then spending it all in a couple years because they don't know how to manage money.

Sent from my handheld Zack Morris iShoe 4S.

Shaijack
08-17-2012, 05:14 AM
I would buy a BIG warehouse to put my MM's in.
I would buy 100 MM's and sit and look at them all day.
I would, oh well I already won the powerball and it has not changed my life.
Kids and grand children would get the bulk of it.
Churchs would get a bunch.
Wife coluld get a new Towncar.
Move to Mexico since it is empty now.
Got to all MM events.
Help my MM friends.
I still have more things to do, bucket list is only 1/2 done.
Buy Rex a new MM and give him all the gas he can use. He really does have alot of gas and likes to share it. Don't eat Mexican food with him.
Anything else??

SC Cheesehead
08-17-2012, 05:23 AM
I'd give it to my uncle Sam so others don't have to work and I can continue to work.

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

Well, you'd be giving at least 1/2 of it to your good ol' Uncle Sam one way or another if you won it.... :rolleyes:

Personally, I wouldn't want to win the dang thing, too many headaches associated with that type of money. I've read too many stories about lottery winners that ended up worse off than they were a few years after coming into the big bucks. Just because you have big money doesn't mean you can successfully manage/handle big money.

FWIW, I have yet to buy my first lottery ticket, so I already know my odds: 0 in 50 bazllion vs. 1 in 50 bazllion... ;)

mcb26
08-17-2012, 05:28 AM
I'd put crome wheels on my house and fix my truck. I am in Alabama after all.

SC Cheesehead
08-17-2012, 06:05 AM
I'd put crome wheels on my house and fix my truck. I am in Alabama after all.

That right there is funny! :lol:

slickster
08-17-2012, 06:15 AM
By the conv concept mm make it street legal then drive it to mv every year to mess all you guys up

Ozark Marauder
08-17-2012, 07:14 AM
Leave town, sit on a beach for a month with a pad and paper, think.
Take care of family.
Take care of friends.
Increase donations to church.
Increase donations to LOCAL charities for kids, food bank.
Increase tips to food service workers.
Set up scholarship fund for college and trade schools.
Restore car to show room stock condition.

Live by the mantra:
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler.

OZ

vkirkend
08-17-2012, 07:30 AM
3 months of alternating cruises so no one could reach me.In the meantime make a financial plan to live comfortably. And making no promises to give anyone anything!!!!!

Raleigh Marauder
08-17-2012, 07:41 AM
Buy several first-gen and Fox body Mustangs... And a Trilogy Marauder. :cool:

kirk
08-17-2012, 05:22 PM
Build a Mercury Marauder Museum.

Seriously.

breeze
08-17-2012, 07:18 PM
1st put away around half so interest can build. Retire my parents for 1 and stick them in there custom house..By acres of land and each of my siblings have there own house in it. Pay off all there debts. Put my neices and nephew thru college. Buy the Fam the cars they want. Then do what ever the Fluk I want!!!!

Bradley G
08-17-2012, 07:22 PM
After I take care of the practical stuff, .
Turbo,.. a Go- Go!!!

RacerX
08-17-2012, 07:24 PM
Hmmmm... Buy out the owners shares in the site, give it to Dom and have Zack as uber moderator... :lol:

J/K! Have lots of fun and force lots of friends and family to have fun too. My wife:The above and set up a non-profit org to help others/groups that are in need.