PDA

View Full Version : MagicJack

1stMerc
08-19-2012, 06:04 AM
Has anyone tried MagiJack? If so, what are your thoughts on it. Voice quality, delays. ease of use etc.,

wx4caster
08-19-2012, 07:39 AM
I had the original MJ for several years and recently went to the MJ Plus. If you can afford the initial ~$70 for the device and one year of service, I recommend the MJ+. With the MJ+ there is no need to leave computer on, just modem.
My experience is the MJ+ call quality is excellent. Very easy to use. If you have a cordless phone (one with multiple handsets is even better) you just use it like a landline phone.

1stMerc
08-19-2012, 08:31 AM
Thanks, MJ+ is the one i was really asking about. Since it requires a modem, i'm assuming you have no phone service in the event of a power outage.

On what does the caller id show up if you have just a regular land line with no display. Is an answering service availabe as an option or can it be connected to an answering machine?

RF Overlord
08-19-2012, 09:09 AM
Waymon, this (http://www.magicjack.com/intl/en-ca/tos/#.UDEPDd1lTnh) should explain everything you want to know. It says "Canadian", but that's only because our friends up north require more complete disclosure than the US does. It's the same service...

kernie
08-19-2012, 10:23 AM
I've had a majicjack for a couple years, the regular model. One phone we hooked up had a echo issue, hooked up a old airphone, sounds great. I have a landline and a cell and use the majicjack only for long distance calls which i use alot, love it!

:beer:

tbone
08-19-2012, 12:23 PM
Mine works great.