PDA

View Full Version : DOOMS Engine Destroyed!!!

RacerX
08-19-2012, 07:26 AM
Oh my! :( Video from yesterday:

qifKlCi5y3c

J/K! FRPS went bad. Disk inside it blew causing fuel to go shooting through the vacuum/boost line on the sensor and into the intake plenum.
Fuel was pooled up in all cylinders also. The Ford techs had to take out all the plugs a couple times just to clear the cylinders out of fuel before
they could even start to try and fire her up removing all the fuel sitting in the plenum. No harm done.
The rings must have a great seal still since they could not detect any fuel in the oil.

Mebot
08-19-2012, 07:28 AM
Is his tailpipes making morse code? :confused:

Sent from my handheld Zack Morris iShoe 4S.

BODYMAN
08-19-2012, 07:45 AM
Is it really his car? If so:mad2:

SC Cheesehead
08-19-2012, 08:12 AM
Doomie'll do anything to keep from coming up against Pop's Grand Monkey at MV10... ;)

DOOM
08-19-2012, 08:24 AM
:popcorn: :popcorn:

J.bo
08-19-2012, 08:26 AM
That's just seafoam.

RacerX
08-19-2012, 08:27 AM
I didn't think he would take me seriously when I told him brake fluid worked better than Seafoam. 2 bottles???
Sheesh! I was only kidding Jake! Or it could have been the 15 gallons of Diesel fuel he topped off with... :dunno:

Blown3.8
08-19-2012, 09:11 AM
Hope the oil was changed after that. Bet that starter was screaming too.

PonyUP
08-19-2012, 09:12 AM
Isn't this the 17th engine for Doomie?😝

The Ice Bucket Approves of this message

BODYMAN
08-19-2012, 09:37 AM
Hope the oil was changed after that. Bet that starter was screaming too.

+1 on that, Ive seen a Termi owner who failed to do so & after a 1500 miles it was disaster.

SC Cheesehead
08-19-2012, 10:02 AM
I didn't think he would take me seriously when I told him brake fluid worked better than Seafoam. 2 bottles???
Sheesh! I was only kidding Jake! Or it could have been the 15 gallons of Diesel fuel he topped off with... :dunno:

You sure you don't have Doom confused with Dom? ;) -----> :D

ImpalaSlayer
08-19-2012, 11:04 AM
what a ****ing moron. who the hell in there right mind would crank a starter for a min straight.

Krytin
08-19-2012, 12:18 PM
He could have used my ignition box/tailpipe sparkplugs for a BIG flamethrower show!
Hope everyting will be ok.

Chayton
08-19-2012, 01:12 PM
what a ****ing moron. who the hell in there right mind would crank a starter for a min straight.

yeah... also if thats seafoam, uh... thats not supposed to happen. lol.

TooManyFords
08-19-2012, 02:30 PM

If you hold the pedal to the floor (TPS > 90%), it shuts the injectors off to help clear a flooded condition. In this case, totally appropriate.

Blackened300a
08-19-2012, 02:38 PM
If you hold the pedal to the floor (TPS > 90%), it shuts the injectors off to help clear a flooded condition. In this case, totally appropriate.

I said the exact same thing when I saw the video. I attempted this on my parts car.

ImpalaSlayer
08-19-2012, 02:39 PM

i know this but thats alota work for the starter with out a cool down period

TooManyFords
08-19-2012, 02:41 PM
i know this but thats alota work for the starter with out a cool down period

Oh puh-shaa.. It's not like the starters built in the 60's. :D

Blackened300a
08-19-2012, 02:50 PM
I have a pic of Jake after it blew up.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8xis2fEPr1qdgbwto1_128 0.png

RacerX
08-19-2012, 02:52 PM
:D A little hint here. Read the fine print at the bottom in my original post. There was a POOL of fuel in the plenum. This was at a very large Ford dealership and these guys new what they were doing. The fuel was shut off in most of the video. You can see the service manager turn the inertia switch on towards the end. They did have the gas pedal to the floor to shut the injectors off. We asked, they already knew (of course!).

burt ragio
08-19-2012, 03:02 PM
Come on whaz the deal. Is it seafoam diesel fuel in the tank or is Dooms motor done ? It still sounds like all cylenders are bumbing fine. Saturday Billy Bob & I think Drew Stag left to give Doom a helping hand; I left the car show just after the awards. I hope it works out.

burt ragio
08-19-2012, 03:11 PM
Got it. Always read the small print fprs.
Bill was on the money when he initially predicted fprs.

Mebot
08-19-2012, 03:40 PM

This made me loler

Sent from my handheld Zack Morris iShoe 4S.

DOOM
08-19-2012, 04:30 PM

I said the exact same thing when I saw the video. I attempted this on my parts car.

Nice to see some people around here with brains! :beer:

whitey
08-19-2012, 04:32 PM

i physically cracked up at that

ROCOB
08-19-2012, 05:25 PM
J/K! FRPS went bad. Disk inside it blew causing fuel to go shooting through the vacuum/boost line on the sensor and into the intake plenum.
Fuel was pooled up in all cylinders also. The Ford techs had to take out all the plugs a couple times just to clear the cylinders out of fuel before
they could even start to try and fire her up removing all the fuel sitting in the plenum. No harm done.
The rings must have a great seal still since they could not detect any fuel in the oil.[/QUOTE]

Had the same thing happen on my second marauder, pretty inexpensive part, could have caused expensive damage. I hope you guys get it sorted out.:beer:

BODYMAN
08-19-2012, 06:20 PM
Also had one go bad. Now I have like 5 off them cause evrytime I go to scrap yard I pick one up.

Ms. Denmark
08-19-2012, 10:38 PM
All is well with Doom and his car! He was in touch with some very smart guys right when the problem started (RacerX for one) and got the thing diagnosed correctly. The Ford guys took care of it on Sat. AM with Doom, RacerX and NH Muscle there making sure it got fixed right. Bill (RacerX) had the part Jake needed and he and Jake were back to take laps on the track with us Sat. afternoon. A great example of how Marauder owners stick together and look out for each other. Jake was cool under fire, took it in stride and RacerX is my hero! :beer:

SC Cheesehead
08-20-2012, 04:23 AM
All is well with Doom and his car! He was in touch with some very smart guys right when the problem started (RacerX for one) and got the thing diagnosed correctly. The Ford guys took care of it on Sat. AM with Doom, RacerX and NH Muscle there making sure it got fixed right. Bill (RacerX) had the part Jake needed and he and Jake were back to take laps on the track with us Sat. afternoon. A great example of how Marauder owners stick together and look out for each other. Jake was cool under fire, took it in stride and RacerX is my hero! :beer:

One question Paula, did Doomie get cookies?

Ms. Denmark
08-20-2012, 07:21 AM
One question Paula, did Doomie get cookies?But of course! Isn't that why he drove all night with no sleep to get to NH????:confused: :D

SC Cheesehead
08-20-2012, 10:30 AM
But of course! Isn't that why he drove all night with no sleep to get to NH????:confused: :D

Only three things I can think of that would motivate Doomie that much:

Ms. D's cookies
A big ol' slab of BBQ ribs.
or

3. Midgets.... ;) -------> :D

RacerX
08-20-2012, 11:46 AM
Did you sayyyyyyyy.... MIDGETS!!!

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/579/DRShop3.jpg