PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Systems

sailsmen
02-20-2004, 04:57 AM
Does anyone know how good the Ford theft deterent system is that comes stock on the MM?

I realize if a professionl thief wants your car they will get it. I am more % in stopping the low level smash and grab type car thief.

Is there an aftermarket alarm that anyone can reccommend?

In years past when I lived in a high crime area I always had Ungo Boxes installed. I stopped 6 years ago when I moved to a low crime area. Wouldn't you know it 4 years ago while visiting my old neighborhood my '97 Grand Marquis was stolen and comlpetely stripped. :mad:

FordNut
02-20-2004, 05:17 AM
All we've got from the factory is the "chip in a key" (PATS) system. The Ford alarm system can be dealer installed. I believe it is called the System IV. I do not believe it has motion sensors, but it does have door sensors and possibly hood and trunk lid sensors. There are also some pretty good aftermarket systems. Do a search, there are numerous threads on alarm systems in the forums and some of them have part numbers and installation tips.

sailsmen
02-20-2004, 05:29 AM
Does anyone know what that red flashing blister is on top the dash?

TAF
02-20-2004, 05:31 AM
I know Dennis sells the Viper alarm...and has put it on some folks cars when doing mods. You might want to check with him/them.

Paul T. Casey
02-20-2004, 06:06 AM
The red light lets you and anyone else who may know, that a chip in key system is in the car.

gja
02-20-2004, 06:55 AM
Get the Code Alarm Gold series with remote start, shock sensor and siren.
This is the system FoMoCo lists as their OEM certified/supplied brand.
I have it in both my Marauder and the wifes Mountaineer.
They work the way they are supposed to, with no screwball quirks.
And no 'key-in-a-box-in-the-dash' crap, either.