PDA

View Full Version : Big 3 Upgrade Completed

Baconbit
08-29-2012, 09:08 AM
I finally got around to completing my Big 3 Upgrade. I had the grounds done for a while but just finished the alternator wire yesterday. I used all Tsunami products and their sister company Raptor 4 gauge wire. Heres the pics enjoy!

ctrlraven
08-29-2012, 09:22 AM
Where did you put your battery ground at and did you upgrade the engine to chassis ground?

babbage
08-29-2012, 09:23 AM
Looks great except for the left side of the positive terminal where you can see copper wire. Put some heat shrink tubing on that so you can keep it covered. I'd hate for you to enable the start of the "green meanies"

What kit did you purchase?

capt512
08-29-2012, 09:51 AM
Excuse my ignorance, but is there any noticeable benefit this provides...or just more to upgrade it..

ctrlraven
08-29-2012, 10:07 AM
Excuse my ignorance, but is there any noticeable benefit this provides...or just more to upgrade it..

The main benefit of upgrading the big 3 is the increased capacity in the charging system, which translates to less voltage drops. It's really a main thing to do if you have any type of aftermarket audio system and such but is perfectly fine to do to stock vehicle and does not cost that much depending on how much you can do yourself and the quality of products you buy to use for the upgrade.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=55482

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p82xRzCr-lc
p82xRzCr-lc

Curless
08-29-2012, 12:34 PM
I like your alternator cut off switch, I used the same one on my drag car. I have been considering this on my Impala due to the headlights dimming when the A/C cycles.

Zim Hosein
08-29-2012, 08:29 PM
I like your alternator cut off switch, I used the same one on my drag car. I have been considering this on my Impala due to the headlights dimming when the A/C cycles.

That's the switch in the first PIC secured to top of the right front fender correct Curless? :confused:

BirchMarauder
08-30-2012, 03:27 AM
I think that switch is a breaker for power wire to amp. I have the same one sitting on my battery. But they can be used for other things too.

Sent from EVO using Tapatalk 2

Curless
08-30-2012, 06:29 AM
That's the switch in the first PIC secured to top of the right front fender correct Curless? :confused:

Yes, I use it to cut power to my alternator on my drag car. I did not think about an audio system cut off. Makes sense though!

Baconbit
08-30-2012, 07:48 AM
That circuit breaker in the first pic is on the wire from my alternator to my battery...it replaced the factory fusible link. As for my grounds I used 4 ga also from battery to chassis and engine to chassis.

Zim Hosein
08-30-2012, 06:48 PM
That circuit breaker in the first pic is on the wire from my alternator to my battery...it replaced the factory fusible link. As for my grounds I used 4 ga also from battery to chassis and engine to chassis.

Thanks for the clarification Baconbit, much appreciated! :beer:

Joe Walsh
08-30-2012, 06:59 PM
Doesn't the Marauder's PCM cut off the alternator's charging cycle during WOT?

MOTOWN
08-30-2012, 10:19 PM
Doesn't the Marauder's PCM cut off the alternator's charging cycle during WOT?

I thought that was what the clucthed alt pulley does