PDA

View Full Version : ....and I thought Walmart people were scary

Mr. Man
08-31-2012, 02:44 PM
So I'm at the market getting a few things and pay with a check. Girl says to me 'did you know this licence expires today? Oh crap says me. So go home gather my things for a renewal, first born child and all. :rolleyes:

Now aside from waiting a loooonnnnggg time to get my renewed licence which was my fault for not paying attention to the due date.(NJ mails renewal information months before its due so the form was near the back of the pile) I have a chance to sit and people watch which when I'm in no particular hurry I like to do. I have to admit shopping at Walmart I have experienced some of humanities most bizarre looking people but my experience today leads me to believe the missing link anthropologists are looking for are located at the State DMV office. Now to be fair I know I am no Brad Pitt but I'm starting to think I might be his cousin compared to some of the freak shows I saw today.

So to all of you DMV employees who deal with the public on a daily basis and manage to keep your sanity my hat is off to you. :beer:

Licence renewed see you in 2016:)

WhatsUpDOHC
08-31-2012, 03:18 PM
I was thinking the same thing last Week when I renewed mine!

It was like an alien convention- I was looking for MIB.

But, sorry to say, the DMV workers were no better: The "greeter" was basically whispering questions to me. I had to lean across the table to hear what she was saying.

Painful.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bigdogjim
08-31-2012, 03:28 PM
Hey wake up and do it on line!! No line on line:lol:

Easy as can be:)

RF Overlord
08-31-2012, 03:31 PM
When I was picking up the plates for the new DD, I didn't notice anything unusual at the RMV office...until I started listening...I'm pretty sure I was the only person there who spoke English. I think we've become North Mexico.

WhatsUpDOHC
08-31-2012, 03:52 PM

Couldn't do the license renewal online, BDJ. State of NJ needs to punish you for a license renewal.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

rayjay
08-31-2012, 05:53 PM
The scariest people are at the social secuity medical review doctor's office. My back to the wall and a hand on my... if you know me you know what. 1st doctor I've ever seen with no teeth. :eek: :puke:

guspech750
08-31-2012, 07:00 PM
Seems Certain towns attract garbage too, just like a bug zapper attracts well, bugs.

Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

Ms. Denmark
08-31-2012, 09:49 PM

Photo ID licence Jimbo. Now it's also illegal to smile for your ID pic. Though I look angry in all my pics. :cool:

Posted by Mr. Man

rayjay
09-01-2012, 07:22 AM
Photo ID licence Jimbo. Now it's also illegal to smile for your ID pic. Though I look angry in all my pics. :cool:

Posted by Mr. Man

Seriously? :confused:

ImpalaSlayer
09-01-2012, 07:29 AM
Seriously? :confused:
yup, same for DE, not allowed to smile. which is fine for me, im not much for pictures

sailsmen
09-01-2012, 07:51 AM
But you are allowed to completely cover your face and body?

What I used to find curious is these people who in some cases spent money on maintaining this bizzarre look, drove to the store and are buying stuff at the store I never, ever see working any where.:rolleyes:

Now that I know that 33% of the population is on pure welfare I am no longer curious. Of the 83 Federal Welfare Programs only 3 require work.

Love’s Travel Stops – interstate highway travel centers now accepts Food Stamps. I find it amazing they are on welfare but own a car, can afford to put gas in it and travel but are incapable of feeding themselves? We need to require schools teach people how to feed themselves.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Castleberry-20120816-00072_2_.jpg

rayjay
09-01-2012, 08:02 AM
But you are allowed to completely cover your face and body?

What I used to find curious is these people who in some cases spent money on maintaining this bizzarre look, drove to the store and are buying stuff at the store I never, ever see working any where.:rolleyes:

Now that I know that 33% of the population is on pure welfare I am no longer curious. Of the 83 Federal Welfare Programs only 3 require work.

Love’s Travel Stops – interstate highway travel centers now accepts Food Stamps. I find it amazing they are on welfare but own a car, can afford to put gas in it and travel but are incapable of feeding themselves? We need to require schools teach people how to feed themselves.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Castleberry-20120816-00072_2_.jpg

I see how to work the "system" next door everyday. The tard is now in the process of getting his wife fired from her job, must be the 3rd month of her employment so they are reqauled for another go around. :censor:

sailsmen
09-01-2012, 08:20 AM
Own a business and you pay the unemployment tax on your salary but you are not eligible to collect unemployment, :rolleyes:

Boat Captains like all offshore vessel sailors work an on and off schedule.

In Kalifornia Boat Captains, some of who make $225K per year, are eligible to collect unemployment on their off schedule! It is the equivalent of someone with a M-F job getting unemployment on the weekends!

ONLY IN AMERICA!:mad:

mrjones
09-01-2012, 08:41 AM

I was thinking you were a professional driver. If you are and have a CDL, I'm jealous. In Texas, if you have a CDL, there is no online registration. They also screwed us with another new law about 6 years ago: If you get a ticket and you have a CDL, you cannot take a defensive driving course for the ticket, even if it's NOT in a commercial vehicle.

rayjay
09-01-2012, 09:49 AM
I was thinking you were a professional driver. If you are and have a CDL, I'm jealous. In Texas, if you have a CDL, there is no online registration. They also screwed us with another new law about 6 years ago: If you get a ticket and you have a CDL, you cannot take a defensive driving course for the ticket, even if it's NOT in a commercial vehicle.

Are your DWI, uh DUI, laws stiffer for CDL's? 0.06% is DWI with a CDL here. A friend of mine got one the morning after so to speak and called me to inquire about the validity. Yep, plus the lower offense is 0.04%. Sentencing guidelines are tougher too.

NavySeabee
09-01-2012, 11:05 AM
Can you renew your license at AAA or is that just a Rhode Island thing?

MyBlackBeasts
09-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Are your DWI, uh DUI, laws stiffer for CDL's? 0.06% is DWI with a CDL here. A friend of mine got one the morning after so to speak and called me to inquire about the validity. Yep, plus the lower offense is 0.04%. Sentencing guidelines are tougher too.

That's BS!!! We used to be .01 reg lic & .008 CDL. We finally went .008 for both. The .008 is BS but at least the number is the same for everyone. Drove me nuts with the 2 specs. I used to ask my cop friends "tell me, are you more dead when run over by an 80k truck vs. 4k car???" They agreed, political BS creates the double standard. :mad2:

rayjay
09-02-2012, 05:19 AM
That's BS!!! We used to be .01 reg lic & .008 CDL. We finally went .008 for both. The .008 is BS but at least the number is the same for everyone. Drove me nuts with the 2 specs. I used to ask my cop friends "tell me, are you more dead when run over by an 80k truck vs. 4k car???" They agreed, political BS creates the double standard. :mad2:

I believe it has something to do with being a professional driver and on the clock. It can be worse though, a inattentive 18 wheel driver wiped out 6 people, including 4 from one family, up north when he failed to see a contruction zone with stopped vehicles. He crushed the SUV with the family in it who were promptly incinerated.

MyBlackBeasts
09-02-2012, 07:12 PM
I believe it has something to do with being a professional driver and on the clock. It can be worse though, a inattentive 18 wheel driver wiped out 6 people, including 4 from one family, up north when he failed to see a contruction zone with stopped vehicles. He crushed the SUV with the family in it who were promptly incinerated.

The problem I had with it is the CDL holder was held to .008 all the time. Even off the clock and driving your personel car.

There was tremendous contraversy over this and it finally ended when the state went .008 for everyone.

rayjay
09-03-2012, 07:14 AM
The problem I had with it is the CDL holder was held to .008 all the time. Even off the clock and driving your personel car.

There was tremendous contraversy over this and it finally ended when the state went .008 for everyone.

Been retired now 2 years so I'm not current, but IIRC, the 0.06% was for actually driving a commercial vehicle. It may have changed.

MyBlackBeasts
09-10-2012, 09:41 PM
Been retired now 2 years so I'm not current, but IIRC, the 0.06% was for actually driving a commercial vehicle. It may have changed.

Number is state specific. WI was .008 CDL/0.01 reg lic. To keep Fed $$$ they went .008 for everyone. Although I don't agree with the 0.008 or allowing the feds to blackmail the states, at least the number was the same for all... :shake:

rayjay
09-11-2012, 06:56 AM
Number is state specific. WI was .008 CDL/0.01 reg lic. To keep Fed $$$ they went .008 for everyone. Although I don't agree with the 0.008 or allowing the feds to blackmail the states, at least the number was the same for all... :shake:

If it is indeed .008, thats really low, like less than 1 drink. Ouch