PDA

View Full Version : Who turned in my plate as stolen!!!

james79stang
09-03-2012, 08:10 PM
I was driving home from out of town and had a suv sheriff follow me about 8-10 miles. Pops the light's on and I pull over. now they say turn off car roll d/s window down throw out the keys and keep the hands where I can see them.Then the come out slowly with back to them. They have there guns pointed @ me. They say pull out shirt and spin around. then you guessed it.. kneel down , lye on ground hands behind back. they tell me the plates come back to a stolen vehical.As I think WYF? after tring to explain that I own the car and that i have own since new, didnt help. 4 vehicles showed up ( prob thought caught a car thief) They checked my vin 3-5 times before coming up that the car that was reported stolen didnt have same vin and it was a 08 model. so after 15 min they decided that some hole in wall place put MERCURY in the plate area by mistake. they let me go but told me till it is corrected I still might get stopped again. so i guess thats anouther 15 min or so.:mad2:
Well @ least I am not in jail, while they sorted it out!

Bigdogjim
09-03-2012, 08:40 PM
WOW! I hope it get fixed fast.

james79stang
09-03-2012, 08:45 PM
TY, of course i left out the part,do yah got weapons or sharp stuff in you pockets.

RF Overlord
09-03-2012, 10:30 PM
the car that was reported stolen didnt have same vin and it was a 08 model. Obviously the cops in Texas don't realise FORD never built a 2008 Marauder... :shake:
Well @ least I am not in jail, while they sorted it out!Dude, you're in Texas...you could be on death row for that. :lol:

cj7chris
09-04-2012, 07:44 AM
That's a little scary. Glad it was resolved without any un-needed drama.

Ms. Denmark
09-04-2012, 11:08 AM
I'd go down to the police station or DMV or wherever you need to go and demand it be fixed immediately.

Chevyguy
09-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Get a new plate today!!!!

DOOM
09-04-2012, 11:57 AM
I'd go down to the police station or DMV or wherever you need to go and demand it be fixed immediately.

:agree:

This is what I would do!

Bluerauder
09-04-2012, 04:14 PM
:agree:

This is what I would do!

+1 ^^^^^^ especially if it was some dork who wrote "MERCURY" model in the space for License Plate. They need to fix it now. One road side stop was an honest mistake. Now that they know the problem, it should be corrected to prevent a reoccurrence.

james79stang
09-04-2012, 04:55 PM
I stopped by one of the sheriff office and got a little more info....someone in Maine did the original report of stole car.

as far are get new plate I paid top dollar to get this one and prepaid for 10 yr's.

going to DMV tomorrow to get this straighten out, as of this moment it is still listed as stolen!!

james79stang
09-05-2012, 08:11 AM
:mad2:I am up to 7 call's and can't find the right agency to clear this matter. my state say's it has no records as my car being listed as stolen...wtf!!! waiting on a couple call backs to try differnt # in maine to call:mad2:

SID210SA
09-05-2012, 09:15 AM
Maybe the State Troopers office in Main?

DPS might be able to help, maybe file a police report with them.

DMV, not sure if they can help w/o the stolen vehicles vin

wannaMM
09-05-2012, 09:37 AM
And the "real" question...who in Maine did you make so mad they turned you in as "stolen" ??? :) Just kiddin....Sorry to hear of your troubles...Wish I'd thought of this to try on my "X"....almost woulda been worth the jailtime/fine....:argue:(sorry, was bad divorce)

james79stang
09-05-2012, 09:59 AM
Well I still have 1 more call to receive from Austin. The plate does come back as stolen in maine. But with multiple inquires, the stolen plate is on a moto bike not a car. So after the next call i will decide if i need to pursue further with mater or let it go.

SID210SA
09-05-2012, 10:17 AM
Well...after our phone conversation....sounds like the DS behind the computer has tunnel vision....and needs to be reprimanded for treating a citizen the way he did...

last time I looked.....the Marauder and any other car with 4 wheels doesnt look anything like a motorcycle.

error number one: you car is not a motorcycle, error number two: you have a Texas plate.....no where near looking like a Main plate.....

Sorry for you being treated so harshly.

Mr. Man
09-05-2012, 12:10 PM
Well...after our phone conversation....sounds like the DS behind the computer has tunnel vision....and needs to be reprimanded for treating a citizen the way he did...

last time I looked.....the Marauder and any other car with 4 wheels doesn't look anything like a motorcycle.

error number one: you car is not a motorcycle, error number two: you have a Texas plate.....no where near looking like a Maine plate.....

Sorry for you being treated so harshly.
A similar thing happens to a friend of mine who has the same name including middle and birth date as another guy who is wanted for all sorts of bad things but the police don't read the full warrant and as soon as they see the same name and birth date they go crazy with pulling their guns and whatnot. If they would just continue to read the rest of the description they would realise they are looking for a black guy and my friend is white.:shake:

SID210SA
09-06-2012, 05:23 AM
A similar thing happens to a friend of mine who has the same name including middle and birth date as another guy who is wanted for all sorts of bad things but the police don't read the full warrant and as soon as they see the same name and birth date they go crazy with pulling their guns and whatnot. If they would just continue to read the rest of the description they would realise they are looking for a black guy and my friend is white.:shake:

That reminds me....

when we came back from vacation and were reentering the country.... U.S. Customs stops us. They said that they are looking for a wanted man with the same name as my 12 y.o. son.....they see my son....his passport and take him and his mom to the customs office to verify his identity.....come on now.....really.....you have to verify his identity make sure that he isnt some 40+ year old wanted guy....really!!??:shake:

That took almost an hour and a half and we amost missed our connecting flight. As soon as we sat down on the next plane they started to back it away from the gate.

Bigdogjim
09-06-2012, 07:57 AM
If Texas DMV is anything like New Jersey's DMV I feel for you.

Good luck getting this cleared up.