PDA

View Full Version : New (used) lift for New Man cave!

Gryphonzus
09-04-2012, 05:27 PM
I got home a few hours ago from picking up a Used Two post Rotary SPOA9 car lift. It is rated for 9000 pounds and seems to be in pretty good shape. I paid $1700.00 for it and it was a bugger bear to get loaded by hand into my trailer. Now all I have to do is figure out how to install it? Any installers out there? It is still going to be a few weeks before the electricity is hooked up. I am still trying to get the wiring done. The light fixtures are up but not wired, still have to wire the welder plug up and run the wire for the lift. All the outlets are wired now. Can't wait until it is finished and try it out.:banana2:

martyo
09-04-2012, 05:53 PM
I have a guy for you who will do the install. I would also have him service the lift while he is there. Remind me tomorrow and I will give you his name and number.

Consider where in the shop are you putting your welder outlet. Also add more outlets than you think you will use. You will be happy later.

Gryphonzus
09-04-2012, 05:58 PM
I am putting the welder outlet near the lift and close to the garage door in case I want to roll it outside to weld something. I put an outlet on every wall beam Except the ones on each side of the garage doors. So I have about 10 outlets.

8UWITH6
09-04-2012, 06:03 PM
My Direct Lift PP8 was pretty easy to install. ;) Please have a professional install your 2 post. Have fun, they are a great tool.

martyo
09-04-2012, 06:29 PM
I am putting the welder outlet near the lift and close to the garage door in case I want to roll it outside to weld something. I put an outlet on every wall beam Except the ones on each side of the garage doors. So I have about 10 outlets.

Sounds good!!!!

Now the fun part is ordering tools!!!!

My next project is to install a central vacuum system. I ordered one today.

jflave
09-04-2012, 06:37 PM
You guys are having to much fun. :)

justbob
09-04-2012, 06:54 PM
Installed my 2 post in about three hours. Easy peasy. If you have it installed by someone, pay close attention to the cabling adjustment, grease able items, and torquing of the anchor bolts as that Is all periodic maintenance. Congrats!

Next up for me is raising my roof so I can actually use it to its fullest. 😥 Then a four post so I can start looking for my 31 Tudor rat rod! 👍

I needed the 2 post for actual work. I think the $1000.00 it cost was made back up in 6 weeks or less. Drop me a line if you need any guidance. Always here to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ken
09-04-2012, 06:54 PM
I am putting the welder outlet near the lift and close to the garage door in case I want to roll it outside to weld something. I put an outlet on every wall beam Except the ones on each side of the garage doors. So I have about 10 outlets.You may want to put one on the side of the garage door, in case you want to work outside. I put one on one side of door, wish that I'd put one on the other side.

martyo
09-05-2012, 04:47 AM
You may want to put one on the side of the garage door, in case you want to work outside. I put one on one side of door, wish that I'd put one on the other side.

I agree, you can neve have enough outlets. I still wish I had put some exterior outlets on my shop. No doubt I will eventually do that.

Meanwhile, I can not wait to see some more pictures of Steve's completed shop!!!! These buildings are an addiction!!!!

justbob
09-05-2012, 05:24 AM
I still wanna make a special trip just to see yours Marty! Feel special? 😄
Now that is buildings addictions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

martyo
09-05-2012, 07:37 AM
I still wanna make a special trip just to see yours Marty! Feel special? 😄
Now that is buildings addictions!

Cime visit me and Brad it one trip!

It will make your trip worthwhile!