PDA

View Full Version : Seats

bobsawyer7
09-05-2012, 06:58 PM
The seats in my '01 Crown Vic have never had very good support. Nothing like the Marauder or even the newer Fusion I recently rented.
Do any of the Ford Techs know if the seats from an '03 or newer Crown Vic or Grand Marquis could be used as replacements w/o much hassle?

fastblackmerc
09-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Find a good upholstery shop and they can repad or add padding to the seats.

vegasmarauder
09-06-2012, 01:24 AM
Years ago we put an full Marauder interior into a 98 Crown Vic PI. It was pretty much bolt in for the seats. the door panels needed the exit pulls riveted on the doors.

So to answer your question, Yes. The MM seats are narrower due to the console (but so are the PI seats, same width), so if they are going in a CV with regular buckets you end up with the console gap between the seats. Had to extend the wiring from the door panel swiches to the connector under the seat, but a wiring diagram and a few runs to the junk yard for some wires and its good to go.

Spectragod
09-06-2012, 06:55 AM
As vegasmarauder said, they will bolt right in, but supporting wiring will need to be done.

IIRC, the 01' was a 6 way power seat, a 03' and up will be an 8 way power seat, so it will take some additional wiring. there will also be things from the donor seats that won't be used in your 01' such as seat position sensors, weight sensors, side airbags, seat heaters etc.

It sounds like a fun little project though, keep us posted how it goes.

bobsawyer7
09-07-2012, 07:13 AM
Thanks guys. Not sure yet what I'm going to do but, appreciate all the info.