PDA

View Full Version : Marauder Rescue

Panther
09-06-2012, 04:14 PM
You know I wish I could Rescue all these MARAUDERS out here for sale. And in the Junk Yards. Like my wife and I do with Dogs. I can't stand seeing every day another Marauder Sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Panther

myrodr
09-06-2012, 05:42 PM
we can only hope they find good homes

slickster
09-06-2012, 05:54 PM
You know what I just typed some cold hard truth and I foreseen the flame. I'll pass on this.

vegasmarauder
09-07-2012, 03:00 AM
And with the value of MM's dropping and the cost of parts/repairs going up, more and more are ending up being totaled out and sent to salvage. Iin the last week and a half, 10 MM's have come up for salvage auction across the US. A few are fixable, but not to the point it makes economic sense to try.

Sad indeed.

9 years ago when I bought mine, I saw them going the way of 1960's Shelby Mustangs. They are few, driven hard, and hard to fix once damaged. Only problem is, while the Shelbys ended up in a barn or someone's backyard until resurrected, MM's go to the scrap yard, lost forever...heart breaking indeed.

WhatsUpDOHC
09-07-2012, 04:47 AM
One could take the position that those Marauders who have left us have done so that others might live.

Think of them as organ donors.

Mark

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bigdogjim
09-07-2012, 05:29 AM
I think I'll just buy some lottery tickets and when I hit it big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I start a "marauder salvage yard" :up:

Panther
09-07-2012, 02:10 PM
I think I'll just buy some lottery tickets and when I hit it big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I start a "marauder salvage yard" :up:

Nice. Like like that. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Panther

vegasmarauder
09-07-2012, 10:16 PM
In the past 2 weeks 19, yes 19 MM's have come up in salvage auctions across the US, and I'm sure I am missing a few more. A lot are repairable, but too costly to do so.

I have been keeping a log by car and VIN number of the MM's I see totaled and salvaged. It's getting to be a long list.

The 19 includes 2 blues.

Be safe driving out there.